Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 6: 2020-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Max has not worn these tiaras in all these years, I cannot see her start to use them now. Perhpas they have been kept in reserve for Catherine-Amalia to wear.
Both tiaras have been worn by several ladies over the years, Margriet, Laurentien, the van Vollenhovens, Borbon de Parme... that doesn't look like 'reserving' to me.
Extending that "logic" (allow me the artistic license to refer to it as such!), it is probably at the front of the vault, and has recently been cleaned!
I love your logic, Muriel, because I really like to see the diamond tiara.:flowers: Yet I think that the emeralds are never pushed too far to the back. I expect to see it anytime tonight.

B Yet I think that the emeralds are never pushed too far to the back. I expect to see it anytime tonight.

And exactly they where brought out today as expected. Probably Sonja already missed them as she hasn't worn them for at last 2 years

So it seems it is sapphires for Maxima, emeralds for Sonja, possibly the Daisy bandeau for M-M and the amethysts on Martha Louise.

There will be a state visit from Italy to Spain this month. I think Letizia will wear the Mellerio Floral tiara.

There will be a state visit from Italy to Spain this month. I think Letizia will wear the Mellerio Floral tiara.

I think you are right, though I would love for her to wear on of the two larger diamond and pearl tiaras.

I think you are right, though I would love for her to wear on of the two larger diamond and pearl tiaras.

One of them will likely come up on her head in 2 weeks in Stockholm :)

:previous:

I am hoping for the Shell tiara for the Queen of Spain. She has not worn it very often and IMO it is one of the prettiest tiaras around. But I am expecting a larger tiara, which would be great too.

:previous:

I am hoping for the Shell tiara for the Queen of Spain. She has not worn it very often and IMO it is one of the prettiest tiaras around. But I am expecting a larger tiara, which would be great too.

I think Letizia has only worn the shell tiara once. I would be surprised to see her in it.

Much as they do not have much of a use for them in the long run, but I think the Shell and the Prussian will end up being left to the sisters of the King.

Not sure about the Shell, but I could see the Prussian will be kept in the family and become a heirloom bridal tiara (maybe especially for future queen).

I think Letizia has only worn the shell tiara once. I would be surprised to see her in it.

Much as they do not have much of a use for them in the long run, but I think the Shell and the Prussian will end up being left to the sisters of the King.

The daughters will not need tiaras in the future, in addition Elena's children have the Marichalar tiara at their disposal, and Sofía has a large collection of jewels, including some inherited from Frederica and the Niarchos, which she can leave for her daughters and granddaughters.

The shell tiara is a delicate piece, that's probably why they don't use it much, but it has always belonged to the main branch, and I don't think it will come out of there. The Prussian tiara will surely be for Leonor to follow the tradition of wearing it at her wedding.

The daughters will not need tiaras in the future, in addition Elena's children have the Marichalar tiara at their disposal, and Sofía has a large collection of jewels, including some inherited from Frederica and the Niarchos, which she can leave for her daughters and granddaughters.

The shell tiara is a delicate piece, that's probably why they don't use it much, but it has always belonged to the main branch, and I don't think it will come out of there. The Prussian tiara will surely be for Leonor to follow the tradition of wearing it at her wedding.

But the "tradition" was only Doña Sofía and Doña Letizia? All other Spanish royal brides wore different diadems on their wedding day.

The shell tiara is clearly under-used. Letizia only wore it once in 2007, and I think that even Sophia only wore it twice afterwards, in 2008 and 2010. So, I doubt that we will see it this year. For the Italian visit I expect the floral tiara, and in Sweden one of the three largest tiaras, probably the pearl loop tiara.

The shell diadem is a fabulous piece of artwork, one of the most beautiful pieces around, but it is not so succesful when worn as a diadem, to my humble opinion.

Is it known what is so delicate about the shell tiara and why it can not be repaired/ set on a new frame?

I hope both tiaras stay in the main line due to their historic meaning and also because they will likely end up on an auction block when inherited by the heirs of the two sisters of the king, as they will have no need for them.

The shell diadem is a fabulous piece of artwork, one of the most beautiful pieces around, but it is not so succesful when worn as a diadem, to my humble opinion.

It is indeed. I did like it on the then princess of Asturias & the sleek hairstyle. On Sofia it got a bit lost in the hairdo.

I could not fault your logic, and would love to see these tiara's remain in the main line.

I don't think so. Most likely, Leonor and Infanta Sofia will wear them when they start attending tiara events.

Queen Sofia is old school and she will leave her main jewels to the main line to ensure the dignity of the dynasty. Elena already has her wedding tiara and Cristina may inherit Queen Sofia's ruby necklace tiara. Hopefully, King Felipe will also buy back some jewels from the descendants of Infanta Pilar, including the Orléans sapphire tiara.

I don't think so. Most likely, Leonor and Infanta Sofia will wear them when they start attending tiara events.

Queen Sofia is old school and she will leave her main jewels to the main line to ensure the dignity of the dynasty. Elena already has her wedding tiara and Cristina may inherit Queen Sofia's ruby necklace tiara. Hopefully, King Felipe will also buy back some jewels from the descendants of Infanta Pilar, including the Orléans sapphire tiara.

I can't fault the logic that you put out, and in an ideal world, all of that will happen. I so do hope F&L get a chance to buy back some of the historic jewellery that Pilar and Margareta inherited from their parents.

If Letizia wears a Tiara for the Gala Dinner, I'm sure its the Floral Tiara. I would like to see the Mellerio Shell or her own Fdl. But most likely she will wear something familiar, instead attracting attention with something she has not worn for years or is new.. Floral Tiara with her wedding earrings, maybe one of the joyas bracelet and her Fleur de lys brooch..

I too think it will be the floral tiara for Letizia, but I can't agree more with others that I crave seeing the shell tiara back in action! I think it would be a lovely starter tiara for Leanor when the time comes.

Big Suprise For the Italian Gala Dinner. Letizia is wearing the Cartier Loop Tiara, Diamond Necklace, Diamond Bracelet, Joyas de pasar Brooch. I bet she is wearing the Fleur de Lys Tiara and Brooch, Joyas de pasar barcelets, earrings in sweden next week..

Big Suprise For the Italian Gala Dinner. Letizia is wearing the Cartier Loop Tiara, Diamond Necklace, Diamond Bracelet, Joyas de pasar Brooch. I bet she is wearing the Fleur de Lys Tiara and Brooch, Joyas de pasar barcelets, earrings in sweden next week..

Has Letizia become ill or why is she suddenly:flowers: not only adding a diamond riviere but also a diamond and pearl brooch.

She really can't go smaller than this for the Swedish SV, so yeah, I'm on team fleur-de-lys. I hope that the two queens had a nice preparatory phone call to coordinate their look. The fleur-de-lys and the Braganca on the same photo would be such a treat!

She really can't go smaller than this for the Swedish SV, so yeah, I'm on team fleur-de-lys. I hope that the two queens had a nice preparatory phone call to coordinate their look. The fleur-de-lys and the Braganca on the same photo would be such a treat!
I'm not sure she is able to beat this look, Maybe wearing the Floral Tiara as a necklace or the Cartier Tiara with colored stones..

After today i really expect the FdL next week. And i hope she either wers the same necklace as today with it or the pearl necklace from the Joys de Pasar.

I am expecting the FdL too, but alternatively it would be lovely to see Queen Ena's diamond and pearl tiara by Cartier too. She looked wonderful with it the last time it was worn.

Last edited:
Queen Ena's tiara is actually my favorite on Letizia. I think it's the perfect amount of bling for her, and it fits her well too.

I was completely wrong today, and I'll be wrong next week, but I'm guessing La Buena, the cluster earrings, and the two large diamond bracelets, but no necklace.

For Sylvia, I'm guessing the sapphire tiara and matching jewelry.

For Victoria: I'm guessing the Connaught tiara.

I would be surprised if the Brazilian came out next week. Perhaps the Leuchtenberg sapphires for Silvia.

I am expecting the FdL too, but alternatively it would be lovely to see Queen Ena's diamond and pearl tiara by Cartier too. She looked wonderful with it the last time it was worn.

Queen Ena's diamond and pearl tiara would be lovely too, especially when paired with the JdP pearl collier. That said, I suspect it will be the large FdL tiara as it is a royal to royal state visit, and the House of Bourbon is probably best represented with the large FdL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom