Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guesses for the Danish royal dinner this month:

Margrethe: floral tiara
Mary: ruby necklace tiara
Marie: wedding tiara
Benedikte: star tiara

Last edited:
My guesses for the Dutch state visit to the U.K.:

Maxima: Stuart tiara
Elizabeth: Alexandra's kokoshnik
Kate: Lovers knot tiara
Camilla: Honeycomb tiara
Sophie: wedding tiara
Anne: Festoon tiara

In addition to the tiara's I hope./think that Queen Maxima will also wear Princess Amalia's pearls -perhaps on arrival. It is the most important necklace in the collection that can be worn in daytime. The Queen has only worn it once before, during the incoming state visit of the Argentinian president.

Last edited:
In addition to the tiara's I hope./think that Queen Maxima will also wear Princess Amalia's pearls -perhaps on arrival. It is the most important necklace in the collection that can be worn in daytime. The Queen has only worn it once before, during the incoming state visit of the Argentinian president.
Agreed, it would be great to see the pearls.

Any guess which brooch Q.Elizabeth II might wear for arrivial?

I know its unlikely but i really would like to see the Q.Alexandra wedding necklace/earrings on Q.Elizabeth or the Ruby Oriental Tiara/necklace. I still hope one of these things will happen, i mean just a few people expected the Aquamarine Parure during spanish state visit.

Last edited:
Any guess which brooch Q.Elizabeth II might wear for arrivial?

I know its unlikely but i really would like to see the Q.Alexandra wedding necklace/earrings on Q.Elizabeth or the Ruby Oriental Tiara/necklace. I still hope one of these things will happen, i mean just a few people expected the Aquamarine Parure during spanish state visit.
IMO, the rubies will be an unusual choice for HM. The Dutch sash will be orange and blue, so I expect her jewelry to be quite neutral (pearls or diamonds, or the sapphires . Let's see.

IMO, the rubies will be an unusual choice for HM. The Dutch sash will be orange and blue, so I expect her jewelry to be quite neutral (pearls or diamonds, or the sapphires . Let's see.

Queen Elizabeth II has worn rubies for a Dutch State Visit before: picture.

There will be a Belgian state visit to Portugal this month. If Mathilde will wear a tiara I predict it will be the wolfers tiara.

The state dinner in Portugal will be black tie. Queen Mathilde may not wear a tiara after all. If she does, it will probably be the Wolfers or the laurel wreath.

My guesses for the Dutch state visit to the U.K.:

Maxima: Stuart tiara
Elizabeth: Alexandra's kokoshnik
Kate: Lovers knot tiara
Camilla: Honeycomb tiara
Sophie: wedding tiara
Anne: Festoon tiara

I think Máxima will wear the Württemberg pearl tiara or Queen Emma’s sapphire tiara, which is her favorite.

Quite right, but it would be an unusual choice to mix rubies with a blue and orange sash.

It is not a blue and orange sash.

The Queen and the Duke will wear the Orde van de Nederlandsche Leeuw which is a moiré silk cordon in nassaublue and gold.

See four British royals wearing this Order, on this colour picture

Last edited:
It is not a blue and orange sash.

The Queen and the Duke will wear the Orde van de Nederlandsche Leeuw which is nassaublue and gold.

See four British royals wearing this Order, on this colour picture
Fair point, blue and gold. Any which way, I would expect to see HM QE2 in either pearls, diamonds or sapphires.

I think Máxima will wear the Württemberg pearl tiara or Queen Emma’s sapphire tiara, which is her favorite.
I think the sapphire tiara is a real contender, but for Max having "test driven" the diamond tiara recently in Luxembourg, and the necklace the year before.

I would really like to see Camilla pull put the Grenville festoon necklace in three string form, and Catherine, the Nizam necklace or QM's Live Trophy collar.

Not long now to see what actually gets used.

Last edited:
UK the Netherlands state visit -

Maxima: Stuart tiara (same setting as in Luxembourg) or Württemberg Pearl with upper pearls

QEII: GDV (pearls vers.) or Q Alexandra Kokoshnik
Camilla: as usual, Greville tiara, but I hope it will be Delhi Durbar Tiara
Kate: again as usual, Lover's Knot, but I hope she will use the Halo
Sophie: Aquamarine Necklace, or her wedding tiara as I don't really hate it ;)
Anne: the Meander, I love it

Portugal Belgium state visit -
Mathilde: Laurel Wreath, hopefully the base of Nine Provinces

Last edited:
UK the Netherlands state visit -

Maxima: Stuart tiara (same setting as in Luxembourg) or Württemberg Pearl with upper pearls

QEII: GDV (pearls vers.) or Q Alexandra Kokoshnik
Camilla: as usual, Greville tiara, but I hope it will be Delhi Durbar Tiara
Kate: again as usual, Lover's Knot, but I hope she will use the Halo
Sophie: Aquamarine Necklace, or her wedding tiara as I don't really hate it ;)
Anne: the Meander, I love it

Portugal Belgium state visit -
Mathilde: Laurel Wreath, hopefully the base of Nine Provinces

It would be lovely to see Anne in the Meander, but I suspect it will be the Festoon instead.

I really really hope, but by no means expect to see, Anne in that mysterious double meander tiara.

Likewise I would love to see Maxima in the Stuart tiara and necklace.

It would be lovely to get a pic of Mabel at the State Banquet. For some of the more important State Visits in the past few years, there was a pretty decent video coverage, so I'm in good hopes. It would be nice to see Mabel with her third tiara, but I guess that she will repeat the pearl button tiara. But the small emerald tiara would also look great on her.

When it comes to Maxima, I'm pretty sure that she'll wear the Stuart tiara. The question is just: which setting? It would be so exciting to see the full setting again, although the new, smaller setting might be more beautiful.

For QEII I predict the kokoshnik, though it might also be any other tiara from her rotation. What I would really love to see is Camilla with any other tiara than the honeycomb. But I'm prepared to get disappointed on that point.

The Norwegian royal family will have an official dinner on October 25. Here are my predictions:

Sonja: Maud's pearl tiara
Mette Marit: wedding tiara
Martha Louise: King Olav gift tiara

The Norwegian royal family will have an official dinner on October 25. Here are my predictions:

Sonja: Maud's pearl tiara
Mette Marit: wedding tiara
Martha Louise: King Olav gift tiara

Märtha Louise usually doesn't attend but likely Princess Astrid will be there.

As for Queen Sonja i would like to see her the big diamond tiara again. She hasn't worn it since a few years.

Last edited:
Some wild guess,

Gala dinner for Parliaments in Denmark -

Margrethe: Pearl Poiré or Emerald Parure
Mary: Ruby Parure or the Necklace tiara
Marie: Nuit Claire

Gala dinner for Parliaments in Norway -
Sonja: Q Josephine’s Diamonds (please Sonja please)
Mette Marit: Q Maud's Diamonds or the Vifte or Maltese Cross Base (yes I am just hoping for something rather than her usual wedding tiara)
Astrid: Diamonds Wings

Märtha Louise usually doesn't attend but likely Princess Astrid will be there.

As for Queen Son ja i would like to see her the big diamond tiara again. She hasn't worn it since a few years.
You got your wish, Stefan! :flowers: Queen Sonja wears the large diamond tiara, Mette-Marit spoils us with the amethysts and Princess Astrid gives us the Vasa tiara. So it's a good haul tonight.

We really have been spoiled with tiaras this week. But I think there will be a small break now, with the next tiara event being the State Visit from Italy to Sweden next month. Talking about Sweden - we are moving closer to the Nobels!?

We really have been spoiled with tiaras this week. But I think there will be a small break now, with the next tiara event being the State Visit from Italy to Sweden next month. Talking about Sweden - we are moving closer to the Nobels!?

Also, it's time for Máxima again twice this year, as there is two state visits to The Netherlands:

21 November - Singapore
10 December - Cape Verde

Also, it's time for Máxima again twice this year, as there is two state visits to The Netherlands:

21 November - Singapore
10 December - Cape Verde

And there will be an incoming State Visit from Italy to Sweden

After so many long not seen Jewels this weeks perhaps we will finally get to see the Cameo tiara worn again in Sweden. Would also nice to see the Braganca tiara again but i'm afraid we will have to wait a bit longer for it. Perhaps if there will be an incoming State Visit from one of the three new Monarchs.

21 November - Singapore
10 December - Cape Verde
Oh, the second one is on Nobel day, we'll have a tiara overload then.:D I hope that Beatrix, Margriet and/or Laurentien will attend as well.

And there will be an incoming State Visit from Italy to Sweden

After so many long not seen Jewels this weeks perhaps we will finally get to see the Cameo tiara worn again in Sweden. Would also nice to see the Braganca tiara again but i'm afraid we will have to wait a bit longer for it. Perhaps if there will be an incoming State Visit from one of the three new Monarchs.

I really wish for both of them to appar again, but I don't think 2018 is the year. For the Italian state visit I guess Queen Silvia will go with the Nine Prong, Crown Princess Victoria with the Baden Fringe and Princess Sofia with her Wedding tiara with emeralds.

When it comes to the Nobels I have not made up my mind about what we could se or what I want to see.

Maybe we could expect the Braganza and a state visit from one of the three new Kings next year. I would also like to see the Cameo again, for a state visit from President Macron :whistling:

My guesses for the Italian state visit to Sweden:

Silvia: nine prong tiara
Victoria: aquamarine kokoshnik
Sofia: wedding tiara

21 November - Singapore
10 December - Cape Verde

My guess is that neither the State Visits from Singapore nor Cape Verde will be white-tie events. Of course Queen Máxima will pull out nice jewels, plenty of corsages, broches, colliers, etc. in the collection, but I don't think she will wear a diadem or so.

Of course black tie events do not prevent Queen Máxima to surprise us with decades long not seen jewels: https://blauwbloed.eo.nl/fileadmin/...ima-Willem-Alexander-Duitsland_4004d710c3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom