Queen Margrethe's Golden Jubilee Celebrations 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody know if there's a reason for that? I know Ingrid-Alexandra got one at 18. Does it require being a heir to get one at that age?
No, not necessarily. But both young men are sons of Prince Joachim, not the Crown Prince. I guess not only Christian, but also his younger siblings will get the Elephant when they will turn 18 (Perhaps the younger ones might be 18 when Frederik is King already anyway....).

That's indeed an enormous number for two boys that quit the army within weeks/months. I guess those are for being alive during various jubilees of their grandmother...
These are no MILITARY medals!

They will receive the Golden Jubilee medal I assume but won't wear them until they are 18.
Even children in scandinavian royal families wear jubilee medals!

Nina of Greece´s cleavage is, let´s say, Hollywood, but not royal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nina's fashion taste is strange anyway IMO.
Remember that horrible white pre-wedding balloon gown.
Maybe someone can post a photo

I understand why Queen Margrethe was not inclined to have the Jubilee Celebration that was originally planned. She was a close friend and admirer of the late Elizabeth II.

But I am disappointed on behalf of the Danes. They were eager for a big party and they deserved one.

And I agree...the British Royal Family is unlikely to have altered their plans if the situation were reversed.:sad:

Thank you. :flowers: Is there a link to video for those of us who missed the livestream?

No, not necessarily. But both young men are sons of Prince Joachim, not the Crown Prince. I guess not only Christian, but also his younger siblings will get the Elephant when they will turn 18 (Perhaps the younger ones might be 18 when Frederik is King already anyway....).

Traditionally the Order of the Elephant was not restricted to the main line. The children of Prince Knud (the Queen's cousins) received it upon coming of age, thus the treatment of Nikolai and Felix is a break with precedent.

Traditionally the Order of the Elephant was not restricted to the main line. The children of Prince Knud (the Queen's cousins) received it upon coming of age, thus the treatment of Nikolai and Felix is a break with precedent.

Exact. One could see Count Ingolf wearing it yesterday evening.

Last edited:
BB has published the guest list for the church service that takes place at 10 am DK time. All 8 grandchildren will be in attendance.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...elige-boern-og-voksne-deltager-i-gudstjeneste

Live link for the arrivals at the church
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...amilie-deltager-i-gudstjeneste-i-anledning-af
Who is His Highness Prince & Iman Daniel Lefeldt Rezai? He has prominent Danish ancestry on his mother's side and are listed under religious figures, but where does his title come from?

All the children wore the golden jubilee medal in January.

Unfortunately, unlike yesterday's stream, this one is geo-restricted.
I can watch it from Germany

All the children wore the golden jubilee medal in January.

Unfortunately, unlike yesterday's stream, this one is geo-restricted.

How annoying!

Well, check DR2 and Billed Bladet for clips.

Okay, this being a celebratory service, people are dressed in a merry fashion.
You will no doubt find the outfits of the three youngest Princesses interesting! And certainly worth a remark or two. - I think they look great.
And not knowing anything about fashion I think our Marie looks great too.

The Cathedral is worth looking at a well. The sculptures by Thorvaldsen are magnificent works of art.

-----------

As for the coverage tonight.

First: There will no children. Presumably so they can attend school reasonably fresh tomorrow.

Secondly: It's TV2 that covers that event, and they can't be seen outside DK.
So when the guests arrive, you need to look at Billed Bladet's live coverage and BT as well, I'm sure.
However. DR1 will send for about an hour at 21.35-22.35. - A summary and the speeches I'm sure. - I hope you will be able to watch that outside DK.
ADDED: BB will send live tonight of the arrivals.

-----------

ADDED: A BT video of the CP couple arriving last night.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprinsesse-mary-bar-helt-saerlig-festkjole
The article is actually about Mary's dress, but I plead incompetence in such matters.

--------------

At 12.30 - in about two hour from this is posted - the next event will start.
The DRF, foreign royals and heads of states will arrive in order to have lunch aboard Dannebrog.
That will be covered by BB:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...foelger-du-med-i-markeringerne-af-dronningens

The BB coverage will start at 11.30 - so plenty of time for you to find and check the link.

The public service channels are not scheduled to cover this.

Later BB will send live of the guests arriving at Christiansborg from 18.00.
That coverage will continue until the royals have arrived at 19.00.
So a lot of bling bling and gowns coming up.

ADDED: A DM article - and pics - covering the arrival yesterday:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...mance-Denmark-wearing-stunning-gold-gown.html

QEII was mentioned specifically during the service.

As is customary the priest leads the prayers for the DRF and the country and it's people at home and abroad - and then he specifically mentioned praying for QEII.
Before praying for the visiting heads of states as a whole.

----------------

The service is over.

---------------

In about an hour the show will move to Dannebrog for lunch.

If you watch that.
You will of course notice that QMII will board as the last.
Right before her, the foreign heads of states will arrive - and order of how long they have been heads of states. That means the Swedish King will lead the procession of foreign heads of states.
Prior to that the senior members of the DRF will have arrived.

- One of the commentators on TV, the always delightful and insightful Ulla Terkelsen has Vincent as her favorite, labeling him a "little flower."

----------------------

Correction.

The DRF are right now boarding Dannebrog. - The guests will arrive later.

Isabella is not present at Dannebrog - she has a school outing to attend.

A major change of plans! The foreign heads of states are states are boarding Dannebrog now.

- There will be around 60 guests for the lunch, so including adjutants and spouses, there can hardly be more than the DRF, foreign heads of states and the Danish PM as well as representatives from Greenland and the Faeroe Islands.

I notice Frederik's old colleagues from the Frogman Corps is covering Dannebrog from the water.

It is speculated that Nikolai and Felix will attend the gala tonight, as they are adults now.

Indeed. That's why I concluded they must have a lot of jubilee medals as they cannot be military medals.

Where did you see any jubilee medals on Christian?
Even as toddlers Christian and Isabella (as well as Princes Nikolai and Felix) wore medals for a jubilee or a milestone birthday (must have been 2010 - perhaps the Queen´s 70th birthday...) of the Queen and there are plenty of photos existing of it!
When it comes to Britain Prince Harry, 17 at the time, wore gthe jubilee medal back in 2002 for his grandmother´s Golden Jubilee.

Did Sonja wear that circle brooch specially designed for Margarethe's jubilee which released earlier this year? Need a better photo.

Edit: I mean this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYoeWZcKu-2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edit again: looks like it's that one from the pictures Blog Real posted below

Better picture: https://www.gettyimages.hk/detail/新...way-arrive-arrive-to-attend-a-新聞照片/1243132835

Looks like Silvia also wore the jubilee brooch: https://www.gettyimages.hk/detail/新...ia-of-sweden-attend-a-service-新聞照片/1243130566

Nina's fashion taste is strange anyway IMO.
Remember that horrible white pre-wedding balloon gown.
Maybe someone can post a photo

The infamous Little Bo Peep dress?
For God's sake...NOOOO!!!:eek:

A lot of the ladies today are wearing a big golden cross does have a special meaning or was this just a coincidence.

At 12.30 - in about two hour from this is posted - the next event will start.
The DRF, foreign royals and heads of states will arrive in order to have lunch aboard Dannebrog.
That will be covered by BB:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...foelger-du-med-i-markeringerne-af-dronningens

The BB coverage will start at 11.30 - so plenty of time for you to find and check the link.

The public service channels are not scheduled to cover this.

Later BB will send live of the guests arriving at Christiansborg from 18.00.
That coverage will continue until the royals have arrived at 19.00.
So a lot of bling bling and gowns coming up.

ADDED: A DM article - and pics - covering the arrival yesterday:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...mance-Denmark-wearing-stunning-gold-gown.html

QEII was mentioned specifically during the service.

As is customary the priest leads the prayers for the DRF and the country and it's people at home and abroad - and then he specifically mentioned praying for QEII.
Before praying for the visiting heads of states as a whole.

----------------

The service is over.

---------------

In about an hour the show will move to Dannebrog for lunch.

If you watch that.
You will of course notice that QMII will board as the last.
Right before her, the foreign heads of states will arrive - and order of how long they have been heads of states. That means the Swedish King will lead the procession of foreign heads of states.
Prior to that the senior members of the DRF will have arrived.

- One of the commentators on TV, the always delightful and insightful Ulla Terkelsen has Vincent as her favorite, labeling him a "little flower."

----------------------

Correction.

The DRF are right now boarding Dannebrog. - The guests will arrive later.

Isabella is not present at Dannebrog - she has a school outing to attend.

A major change of plans! The foreign heads of states are states are boarding Dannebrog now.

- There will be around 60 guests for the lunch, so including adjutants and spouses, there can hardly be more than the DRF, foreign heads of states and the Danish PM as well as representatives from Greenland and the Faeroe Islands.

I notice Frederik's old colleagues from the Frogman Corps is covering Dannebrog from the water.

It is speculated that Nikolai and Felix will attend the gala tonight, as they are adults now.

QMII arrived first I noticed from the video from BB. In fact, she seemed to arrive before almost anyone. I notified when the CP family arrived both Mary and Frederik looked a little confused about her car being there and it seemed Frederik asked about it. It was weird.

QMII arrived first I noticed from the video from BB. In fact, she seemed to arrive before almost anyone. I notified when the CP family arrived both Mary and Frederik looked a little confused about her car being there and it seemed Frederik asked about it. It was weird.

It could be something as mundane as QMII feeling an urgent need to powder her nose.

Some pics of the guests: https://jyllands-posten.dk/indland/...t-til-at-fejre-dronningen-paa-christiansborg/

In another thread someone asked to the many medals worn by Nikolai and Felix.
They are all commemoration medals. Because QMII is fond having such medals made for all sorts of royal occasions. (Gives the guests a reason to look more impressive as well. ;) )

At a gala event you usually wear the highest order/medal you have. Perhaps combined with some that you find appropriate for the event.
Some opt to wear all they have - and it seems Nikolai and Felix did just that.

Reactions: eya
It seems no nephews and nieces this time. A bit strange as they are all in town and 10 years ago the attended

Why did Prince Paul and Pss Marie Chantal not attend today's events? This has caught my attention, because it does not make much sense to travel to Denmark to attend a single event and it is not the most relevant event of anniversary

Back
Top Bottom