King Frederik X, Current Events Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From Lithuania's speaker of the parliament
"Expressing profound gratitude to His Majesty King Frederik X for the gracious audience. #Denmark's unwavering support to #Lithuania since our early days of restored Independence is deeply appreciated. 🇱🇹👑🇩🇰"
Great photos of today's audience. Both King Frederik and Queen Mary have paid visits to Lithuania in recent years. I love that photos of these audiences are being shared now. Hope it continues.

Frederik went to Bornholm today to observe Danish Special Operations Forces training. As a Frogman, I'm sure he enjoyed himself mightily. He even wore fatigues and his glasses. Be still my beating heart.

Frederik went to Bornholm today to observe Danish Special Operations Forces training. As a Frogman, I'm sure he enjoyed himself mightily. He even wore fatigues and his glasses. Be still my beating heart.

I am sure Frederik enjoyed the visit! He looks great I might add. I agree re the fatigues. He really does have swag. Very natural and at ease. No awkwardness. I assume it was not announced beforehand for security reasons, but great that it was posted about and we got photos!!

Another unannounced event. Great! After a full day yesterday, running and cheering with all the Danes, he today had this visit and also a scheduled event, attending the DGI, National Danish Performance Team, show KATA.

More on the military exercise he visited
""Flaming Sword" is the name of an international NATO exercise that aims to train and strengthen cooperation between the special operations forces of the countries.
The exercise will take place these weeks in the eastern island region with the participation of 13 member countries. Denmark is represented at the Frømandskorpset, which participates from Bornholm.
His Majesty the King visited the Danish special operations force training at Bornholm today and during the day observed a number of exercise activities."

Yesterday evening, May 21, King Frederik attended the DGI World Team's show KATA in Copenhagen:

BB articles with galleries:

A good visit and good support over the years.
"It was a great pleasure to have H.M. Kongen as a guest on the show. We had good discussions about Danish gymnastics and active communities, and how we can inspire more people to move
Great with support for the World Cup from DGI's collaborators in municipalities, foundations and organizations as well as government representatives and members of the Danish Parliament.
Backstage there was time for dialogue between H.M. Kongen and the gymnasts"

and more pics and info on Frederik visiting the International NATO exercise "Flaming Sword"

Wonderful couple of engagements for the King yesterday. Great photos.

And today, HM The King receives Argentina's ambassador in a farewell audience. Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg, at 11 a.m.

Very busy week after the Royal Run, two events tomorrow as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good visit and good support over the years.
"It was a great pleasure to have H.M. Kongen as a guest on the show. We had good discussions about Danish gymnastics and active communities, and how we can inspire more people to move
Great with support for the World Cup from DGI's collaborators in municipalities, foundations and organizations as well as government representatives and members of the Danish Parliament.
Backstage there was time for dialogue between H.M. Kongen and the gymnasts"

and more pics and info on Frederik visiting the International NATO exercise "Flaming Sword"
Wonderful couple of engagements for the King yesterday. Great photos.

This morning, May 23, King Frederik attended a conference at the King Frederiks Center for Public Management at Aarhus University:

At King Frederik's Center for Public Leadership, the King opened this year's conference today with an opening speech on good leadership. This year's conference is about what good public management means, what it requires of managers, and what challenges there can be when you want to practice good public management.As a member of the centre's steering committee, the King subsequently participated in a committee meeting where the past year's results were reviewed. The steering committee works to secure the centre's international position and is anchored in the Department of Political Science, from which the Crown Prince became a cand.scient.pol in 1995.King Frederik's Center for Public Management is an international center for the provision of research-based knowledge on public management, which opened in May 2018 on the occasion of His Majesty the King's 50th birthday.

For King Frederik's 2nd event of May 23rd, he presented the Danish Shipping Award

1716483284658.png

1716483303212.png

Last edited:
Apart from King Frederik showing support for Danish building there is more to it.
DK used to be a big ship-building nation. But costs meant that ships ended up being build in Korea in particular. Also warships. They were still designed and developed in DK but build elsewhere.
The problem is today that everybody are expanding their naval capacity which means that in those European nation that still build warships national interest takes priority. That is of course a problem for DK as well. So it's decided to restart building Danish warships in DK again and ASAP.
And this is where King Frederik comes in, both in regards to his close affiliation with the navy, but also merchant shipping and in regards to export. Because even though DK no longer build warships the designs and know how is a sought after commodity.
And as you know the DRF is used constantly in regards to export of products of all sorts.
It will take a couple of years at least to set it up, then production can start again.

Here are some additional photos of Frederik at the Danish Shipping Awards ceremony today:

He really looks in his element at both events.

His speech from the conference on public management

Group pic

From the Danish maritime event

Today, May 24th King Frederik received new ambassadors from Cuba, Serbia, Albania, Canada and India at Christian VII Palace, Amalienborg. The DRF Instagram has posted some great photos of today's audiences

Added content....the Instagram page for the Indian Embassy in Denmark posted additional and lovely photos of the new Ambassador presenting his credentials to King Frederik

Last edited by a moderator:
I submit that Frederik should be in uniform. For everything. Even next year's Royal Run. LOL. What an honor for those ambassadors!

Added content....the Instagram page for the Indian Embassy in Denmark posted additional and lovely photos of the new Ambassador presenting his credentials to King Frederik

Great find!
Love that we got so many pictures. Frederik looks wonderful.

King Frederik held an official audience at Christiansborg Palace today, May 27:

Here is Billed Bladet article showing photos of all tbe individuals that appeared for a public audience with the King. 16 in total.

Today May 29th, King Frederik welcomes new Navy lieutenants on the royal yacht Dannebrog. The DRF posted photos of the event where the King also gave a speech. He is looking fantatsic in his uniform.

Back
Top Bottom