Queen Margrethe's Golden Jubilee Celebrations 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Overall it was a somewhat odd speech with the ship metaphors and Frederik comparing himself to his mother even if the intention was to say that they have complementary skills. It is definitely not the speech I would have written for a Golden Jubilee, but I am glad the Queen was apparently moved.

You need not worry! CP Frederik was praised for his speech, and with good reason! Maybe he pushed the maritime metaphors to the
limit, but we watched a crown prince, who was comfortable in his
own skin, confident, reassuring, self deprecating and humourous!
Very promising for his reign, when the time comes!

Does anyone know why Tatiana and her husband were not there.

Prince Nikolaos is in Chicago where he presented his photography exhibition at the National Hellenic Museum.

Maybe Tatiana didn't want to go without her husband.

Countess Sussie was great with the fringe tiara and the meander as necklace !

Last edited by a moderator:
Short video from the luncheon on the Dannebrog.
A quick glimpse, but we can see Josephine and Athena standing together, and Christian with Nikolai and Felix.
https://herognu.dk/se-videoen-dronningen-sejler-med-sine-frokostgaester/

One thing is certain, it wasn't quiet around those two girls! :D
I'm delighted to see that they still thrive in each other's company despite not seeing each other much in the last couple of years. There is of course social media and that must help but still.
Their chemistry must simply match very well.

Video from Saturday evening by Swedish Press Agency

"Prince Gustav and Princess Carina had to cancel the Queen's anniversary celebration for a very special reason. Prince Gustav and Princess Carina had announced their arrival at Queen Margrethe's big anniversary celebration at the weekend, but unfortunately ended up having to cancel.

And now their press spokesman Ralf Beke-Bramkamp explains to BILLED-BLADET why.

"Unfortunately, Prince Gustav had a positive COVID case last week in his immediate work environment. He and Princess Carina therefore decided to take their precautions and not participate in the celebration in Copenhagen, which they are very sad about," writes the press spokesman to BILLED-BLADET."

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...sesse-carina-afbud-til-dronningens-fest-vi-er

"Prince Gustav and Princess Carina had to cancel the Queen's anniversary celebration for a very special reason. Prince Gustav and Princess Carina had announced their arrival at Queen Margrethe's big anniversary celebration at the weekend, but unfortunately ended up having to cancel.

"Unfortunately, Prince Gustav had a positive COVID case last week in his immediate work environment. He and Princess Carina therefore decided to take their precautions and not participate in the celebration in Copenhagen, which they are very sad about," writes the press spokesman to BILLED-BLADET."

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...sesse-carina-afbud-til-dronningens-fest-vi-er

Wise and considerate, considering that several of the royals are elderly.

I'm glad we know the reason for their non-attendance. I had really been looking forward to seeing them at the gala and was quite disappointed.

Also, I really missed the three Rosenborg countesses Camilla, Elisabeth and Feodora. Or did I overlook them? I haven't yet had enough time to go through all the pictures in detail.

I have to agree with maria-olivia that countess Susie looked splendid with the fringe tiara and the Greek key choker that finally has been united to form one piece. Unfortunately, Susie didn't wear a tiara at the theatre gala, or was it so hidden in the hair that it escaped me?

Unfortunately, Susie didn't wear a tiara at the theatre gala, or was it so hidden in the hair that it escaped me?
She wore the small diamond bandeau whioch had been always worn by Count Ingolf's first wife, Countess Inge. But yes it was very difficult to see in her grey hair.

She wore the small diamond bandeau whioch had been always worn by Count Ingolf's first wife, Countess Inge. But yes it was very difficult to see in her grey hair.
Thank you, I really couldn't make it out in the picture I had seen.

I think I have also seen Suzanne Vind with the tiara that is descended from Princess Viggo. Also Queen Margrethe's old friend Suzanne Heering with the laurel tiara. Unfortunately I can't find the link anymore. There were also a number of tiara wearer's that I can't yet place.

Has there been anyone from the Schaumburg-Lippe family? I think the Queen was close to some of them.

Thank you, I really couldn't make it out in the picture I had seen. Has there been anyone from the Schaumburg-Lippe family? I think the Queen was close to some of them.

I watched the Livestram on Saturday. When they showed her closup it could be seen. Don't know if any of the Schaumburg_Lippe's attended

When I started reading about 'a very special reason', I didn't imagine something mundane such as Covid...

I watched the Livestram on Saturday. When they showed her closup it could be seen. Don't know if any of the Schaumburg_Lippe's attended

Prince Wilhelm zu Schaumburg-Lippe attended the gala performance at the Royal Theatre, with princess Ilona.

Also, I really missed the three Rosenborg countesses Camilla, Elisabeth and Feodora. Or did I overlook them?

No, you didn’t overlook them; they weren’t there!

Prince Wilhelm zu Schaumburg-Lippe attended the gala performance at the Royal Theatre, with princess Ilona.
Thank you, Viv. Are there any pics of them online?
It's a pity, that Camilla, Elisabeth and Feodora didn't attend.

Thank you, Viv. Are there any pics of them online?
It's a pity, that Camilla, Elisabeth and Feodora didn't attend.

I’m sorry, Tilla C., I don’t know; there are better ‘ Photo chasers’
amongst us than me!

:previous: Thank you, Stefan! I had seen the picture, but didn't recognize them.

Thank you, I really couldn't make it out in the picture I had seen.

I think I have also seen Suzanne Vind with the tiara that is descended from Princess Viggo. Also Queen Margrethe's old friend Suzanne Heering with the laurel tiara. Unfortunately I can't find the link anymore. There were also a number of tiara wearer's that I can't yet place.

Has there been anyone from the Schaumburg-Lippe family? I think the Queen was close to some of them.

No, you didn’t overlook them; they weren’t there!
Found a pic of them and Princess Ilona wore a tiara but it is difficult to see in her hair
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0
Princess Ilona was by the looks of it wearing this tiara. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EnjTTRYT...KWXNOGRy51ZP_ZMFsICACLcBGAsYHQ/s794/Ilona.jpg A friend of mine talked to them later in the evening as the guests were leaving the theatre and got the permission to take their picture, but unfortunately his camera stopped working right that moment.
Their daughter Princess Desiree was also there together with her husband Court chamberlain, Master of the hunt and estate owner Michael Iuel.

Last edited:
Princess Ilona was by the looks of it wearing this tiara. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EnjTTRYT...KWXNOGRy51ZP_ZMFsICACLcBGAsYHQ/s794/Ilona.jpg A friend of mine talked to them later in the evening as the guests were leaving the theatre and got the permission to take their picture, but unfortunately his camera stopped working right that moment.
Their daughter Princess Desiree was also there together with her husband the Chamberlain Michael Iuel.

Ah that is a shame with the Camera. Was Princess Desiree also wearing a tiara?

Ah that is a shame with the Camera. Was Princess Desiree also wearing a tiara?
Yes, she did. I took a bad photo of her that I just sent you on Instagram.

Last edited:
Video from arrivals to the lunch reception, by Swedish Press Agency.

Can someone be so kind as to provide a translation of what is said in this video? It is about Frederik's speech. Thanks.

I also wonder if there is more to this interview.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CicrUh-L9cB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Thanks.

What is most interesting is actually who is talking.
That's Thomas Larsen, the royal reporter on the serious conservative newspaper Berlingske. Apart from reporting on the DRF he is also author of several books about the DRF, sometime with a critical but fair angle.
He can IMO be considered a serious royal reporter.

He is basically commending Frederik for giving a loving speech to his mother, praising her while at the same time also ensuring her that he is ready to take over. (Keep in mind that a lot of the speech was about how he and QMII ran the ship these days, with him as XO - "næstkommanderende" which is typical navy-speak for the second-in-command.)

Eml

What is most interesting is actually who is talking.
That's Thomas Larsen, the royal reporter on the serious conservative newspaper Berlingske. Apart from reporting on the DRF he is also author of several books about the DRF, sometime with a critical but fair angle.
He can IMO be considered a serious royal reporter.

He is basically commending Frederik for giving a loving speech to his mother, praising her while at the same time also ensuring her that he is ready to take over. (Keep in mind that a lot of the speech was about how he and QMII ran the ship these days, with him as XO - "næstkommanderende" which is typical navy-speak for the second-in-command.)

Is there by any chance a translation of CP Frederiik’s speech?

Here is the BB coverage of the Golden Jubilee - as well as other DRF events last week.
I have omitted scanning the guests, as they are probably of less interest here.
And also the articles about the death of QEII, I think that is well covered in the relevant threads.
https://app.box.com/s/trf9kc5gfu4md4frmj8bohtu9u44s7zc

:previous:
I believe someone came up with a translation in this thread.

Anyway, I think his speech has or will be uploaded to YouTube soon, and you can either expect subtitles or set to automatically translate and add subtitles based on a running Google translation.

I'll have a look later.

Is there by any chance a translation of CP Frederiik’s speech?

And wouldn't you know, here you have Frederik's speech (translation in the describing text)

Eml

Here is the BB coverage of the Golden Jubilee - as well as other DRF events last week.
I have omitted scanning the guests, as they are probably of less interest here.
And also the articles about the death of QEII, I think that is well covered in the relevant threads.
https://app.box.com/s/trf9kc5gfu4md4frmj8bohtu9u44s7zc

:previous:
I believe someone came up with a translation in this thread.

Anyway, I think his speech has or will be uploaded to YouTube soon, and you can either expect subtitles or set to automatically translate and add subtitles based on a running Google translation.

I'll have a look later.

And wouldn't you know, here you have Frederik's speech (translation in the describing text)
Thank you. I think it was a wonderful speech.

Back
Top Bottom