Queen Margrethe II, Current Events Part 3: September 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I already loved Queen Daisy, but now even more so, Napoli is also my favourite ballet! I sincerely hope the new Queen Consort (and Princess Josephine in years to come) will keep on supporting the Bournonville heritage, one of the Danish artistic wonders of the world!

:flowers:
And that is the very last person to have an audience with QMII as Monarch.

So many things are being wrapped up these days, it must be an odd feeling for her.

How emotional it must have been for the Queen and everyone else involved. Last audience after 52 years...:sad:

How emotional it must have been for the Queen and everyone else involved. Last audience after 52 years...:sad:

There is an element of sadness, but I could imagine QMII feeling a sense of relief and almost freedom too. In the last week, it is clear that QMII is in pain and is physically struggling. She can now lead a slower life, without the restriction of duty and enjoy seeing her son and daughter-in-law continue the work she has done over the past 52 years.

There are some that hate the concept of abdication, but there is so much benefit in doing so, where the greatest is seeing and celebrating the next reign. I hope to see abdications become the norm, rather than the exception

There is an element of sadness, but I could imagine QMII feeling a sense of relief and almost freedom too. In the last week, it is clear that QMII is in pain and is physically struggling. She can now lead a slower life, without the restriction of duty and enjoy seeing her son and daughter-in-law continue the work she has done over the past 52 years.

There are some that hate the concept of abdication, but there is so much benefit in doing so, where the greatest is seeing and celebrating the next reign. I hope to see abdications become the norm, rather than the exception

I agree! She has looked like she is powering through on sheer willpower and sense of duty. But she can now enjoy a well-earned and well-deserved rest and still be there to help Frederik and Mary. Also, she has so many outside artistic interests that she can also enjoy.

:flowers:
And that is the very last person to have an audience with QMII as Monarch.

So many things are being wrapped up these days, it must be an odd feeling for her.

One thing has been added to her calendar - on the 10th she receives the Ambassador of Ukraine in an inaugural audience. No mention if CP Frederik with also be in attendance.

Last edited by a moderator:
HM The Queen will be able to be installed as acting regent

Following the Council of State on 14 January 2024, HM The Queen can be installed as acting regent. As acting regent, The Queen will be able to perform duties as head of state when both TRH The Crown Prince and Prince Christian are prevented from doing so after 14 January, for example during stays abroad.

Already, TRH The Crown Princess, Prince Joachim and Princess Benedikte can assume the function of acting regent and thus handle the duties as head of state.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hm-the-queen-will-be-able-to-be-installed-as-acting-regent

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/h-m-dronningen-vil-kunne-indsaettes-som-rigsforstander

Queen Margrethe is already in Arhus. Yesterday evening she was seen at the Royal Theatre attending the premiere of the play 'Indenfor Murerne'. The public responded to her surprise appearance with a long round of applause.

Not yet though.
It was the Royal Theater in Copenhagen, she visited.

The Aarhus Theater, which she has indeed visited in the past, is incidentally located right next to Aarhus Cathedral. So she is basically going from watching a show to being the cast in a show.

Not yet though.
It was the Royal Theater in Copenhagen, she visited.

The Aarhus Theater, which she has indeed visited in the past, is incidentally located right next to Aarhus Cathedral. So she is basically going from watching a show to being the cast in a show.

Thanks for the correction. Apparently, the picture shown with the article was of her in Aarhus which caused my confusion.

I wonder how her first day or retirement was. When I went to my office for the last time to say a final goodbye to my friends and acquaintances I got home and turned off all alarm clocks.
I wonder if QMII did the same thing. Woke up late, got her coffee and turned on the TV to know the weather outside thinking "I'm glad I don't have to report to work anymore"

I wonder how her first day or retirement was. When I went to my office for the last time to say a final goodbye to my friends and acquaintances I got home and turned off all alarm clocks.
I wonder if QMII did the same thing. Woke up late, got her coffee and turned on the TV to know the weather outside thinking "I'm glad I don't have to report to work anymore"

Her first day after her abdication included showing up in parliament at 10 am. Tomorrow, she will also attend the celebration service in Aarhus (including a public drive (lots of waving) from Marselisborg Slot to the church and back).

I look forward to that day! :D

It may not even have dawned on her yet, because there are so many things that needs to be done.
She has to set up her own, diminished court, and set up new routines. There are lots of decisions to take, lots of meetings with FX about what protections to keep, if any, what she would like to attend as the plans for the future are worked into more details etc.

It might dawn on her at her birthday or FX's birthday.

She looks in fine form.

She is not carrying the burden of being the monarch and boss anymore, so she can just relax and enjoy it when she is on the job - and on the jobs of her choosing.

Such a fitting first solo activity after her abdication: visiting a neighborhood school named after her husband.

She looks in fine form.

She is not carrying the burden of being the monarch and boss anymore, so she can just relax and enjoy it when she is on the job - and on the jobs of her choosing.
In fact, I would go further, she looks positively radiant if not joyful. :rose2:

Yesterday evening, March 14, Queen Margrethe was present at the celebratory event of the Academy Council's Foundation in Copenhagen:

Reactions: EML
The Royal House confirms to BILLED-BLADET that Queen Margrethe will move her residence from Marselisborg Castle to Fredensborg Castle on Wednesday.

Queen Margrethe handed out the Queen Margrethe II Science Award at The Royal Danish Society of Sciences in Copenhagen this afternoon, April 10:

Billed-Bladet article with gallery:

Queen Margrethe attended the 325-year celebration of Roskilde Monastery in Roskilde today, April 21:

Back
Top Bottom