Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 19: June 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I like Maxima very much. She is one of my favorite royals. She managed immediately to step into her role shoes (Princess of Orange and then Queen ) and when she tries she has delivered memorable appearances (remember the blue outfits of her accession as Queen)
She is intelligent, cultivated and multilingual, à huge asset for Netherlands. She managed to learn the language and everything very quickly.. Bravo.
But hair ? Unbelievable.
Personally I have difficult hair (like hers), and I'm not very capable to my hands as my hair need professional care, which of course I can't afford in a regular basis.
But I try very hardly, I do haircuts regularly and overall, I'm not a hairdo icon but I step out decent.
So I still don't understand why she steps out as she does.
She delivers two distinct images. The regal one, gown, tiara, exceptional jewelry and of course perfect grooming in hair and make-up.
And the other one.. lower than the average working woman stepping out a Sunday...
Nothing else to say

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

She has ALWAYS had messy pool hair. From her days as Princess to her being a Quee .

It's partly not her fault that she wasn't born with thick and lustrous hair. However what genetics didn't give you can be bought and faked. As you all have stated she clearly has an excellent hair dresser at her disposal for gala and formal events. So it defies logic why her hair is messy and limp for day to day events.

Plus the Dutch Royal Family have a much more healthier budget than say the Spanish Royal Family and can well afford a proper stylist for the queen.

And the strange thing is: she has a husband and three grown-up daughters, she has siblings, good friends, confidantes, she has a mother and a mother-in-law, do none of these say to her: "Have some more attention to detail" ???

I forgot which book it was, but it was mentioned in the earliest days of her liaison with the Prince of Orange, Queen Beatrix was over the moon with Máxima but regularly wondered "What is it with her hair?". Apparently the Queen was not a type to enforce someone to adaptation and she gave up her attempts to do someting about the hairstyle.

The strange thing is, she can have an amazing hairstyle: https://c8.alamy.com/comp/FMJ633/qu...ation-at-the-petit-palais-muse-des-FMJ633.jpg

But why she can not continue to have a perfect hairdo every day (Queen Beatrix had no any problem with having a stately hairdo), that is the mystery.

Great picture of Maxima! What a difference it makes...

I can imagine it is a lot of work and time to have the perfect hairstyle, as for example she manages to hve during state visits. I don't think many people mind it being slighly more casual (and time intensive) for less formal events. But there is a difference between casual and unkept. And lately we have seen more and more of the latter, which is a pity as it distracts. Also, the people the Queen will meet will mostly have made an effort to dress well, why can't the Queen?

In general I think HM would benifit from a good and honest stylist. Apart from the hair many outfits have simply been dreadfull lately or downright clownesque. It looks amateuristic indeed and it is distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom