General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla, Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a sad but touching story. The little boy was only 7 and his mother wanted him to be buried in the graveyard next to his school so his friends could visit him and he could lie at rest near his school which he loved. The graveyard had been closed to new burials for hundreds of years by Privy Council order, the little boys mother wrote to the King and travelled to Sandringham on Christmas Day and handed theKing a letter asking him and the Privy council to allow the burial. The King and Privy council approved the burial today- saving a possible two month wait for approval.

That, although so sad, is such a lovely outcome.

Poor little lad. May he rest in peace at the place he loved.

Well done King Charles and the Privy Council.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-67848513

The mother of a seven-year-old boy killed in a suspected hit-and-run crash has thanked the King for permitting his burial in an ancient graveyard.
Laura Brown, from Folkestone, said her family had been "blessed with a miracle" and her son could "finally be laid to rest at a place he loved".

An extremely large survey is being conducted by the British Dept of culture, media and sport among British households to find out what is the most important role of the monarchy to ordinary Britons. I75,000 respondents will take part

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/huge-government-poll-ask-175000-31756168

‘ The results of a separate question on major events showed 90% had heard of the Coronation of King Charles, compared to 70% who were aware of the Women’s Euro 2022 tournament, which was won by England. More than half (51%) said they had taken part in the Coronation celebrations in May, including 45% who followed coverage on TV and radio, 8% who attended local events and 2% who joined in the national festivities in London and Windsor.’

The results of that question apparently point to 49% of people surveyed who didn’t participate in any Coronation activities, not even watching it on TV, and just went out and did their own thing.

Last edited:
An extremely large survey is being conducted by the British Dept of culture, media and sport among British households to find out what is the most important role of the monarchy to ordinary Britons. I75,000 respondents will take part

‘ The results of a separate question on major events showed 90% had heard of the Coronation of King Charles, compared to 70% who were aware of the Women’s Euro 2022 tournament, which was won by England. More than half (51%) said they had taken part in the Coronation celebrations in May, including 45% who followed coverage on TV and radio, 8% who attended local events and 2% who joined in the national festivities in London and Windsor.’

The results of that question apparently point to 49% of people surveyed who didn’t participate in any Coronation activities, not even watching it on TV, and just went out and did their own thing.

That sounds a bit strange to me. I don't know how people answer these questions, but both the Coronation and Euro 2022 were all over the front pages of every newspaper and every website, and all over TV and radio.
Activities about them were done in schools. There were decorations up for the Coronation, and shops were selling commemorative merchandise. We even had an extra Bank Holiday for the Coronation. How can 1 in 10 people possibly not have heard of it? And I find it hard to believe that 3 in 10 people hadn't heard of Euro 2022 - they may not have been interested in it, but it was pretty hard to miss. Maybe I'm out of touch with the Tik Tok generation, but I really don't see how anyone could "not have heard of" the Coronation, or even of Euro 2022.

:previous:
It does sound a bit hard to believe.

Although. I often think people deliberately mislead these polls, either out of a sense of mischief or an effort to skew the results.

I have taken part in surveys on a regular basis, not that one, it is possible to position the questions in a certain way. Did they ask clarifying questions, were people not watching because they were working, lots of people were.
Others took advantage of the two long weekends and went on holiday.
Things aren’t always as black and white as surveys can infer.

Last edited:

From the same article:

"The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has commissioned pollster Verian to ask about the monarchy as part of a wider survey. Other questions include how often people visit a library, have they listened to a podcast in the last year and whether they have a smart speaker in their house."

It sounds like the monarchy is just one of many things asked about in the survey.

The vast majority of the Mirror article dealt with the questions respondents were to be asked about the monarchy, which is why I thought it would be of some interest and posted it here.

From the same article:

"The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has commissioned pollster Verian to ask about the monarchy as part of a wider survey. Other questions include how often people visit a library, have they listened to a podcast in the last year and whether they have a smart speaker in their house."

It sounds like the monarchy is just one of many things asked about in the survey.

That can happen in a survey I was asked in the middle of one about tv programmes a question regarding a certain individual within the royal family. The question had no relevance to the survey in general but that is how they work.

The vast majority of the Mirror article dealt with the questions respondents were to be asked about the monarchy, which is why I thought it would be of some interest and posted it here.

It is of interest, and because another poster pointed out it was part of a bigger survey I now have more information. It has opened up a discussion.

It isn't a surprise that the Mirror focused on that part of the survey, I noticed in the shop this morning it is splashed across the front page, to be honest I would have assumed that was all the survey was about . I didn't buy it by the way.
For a paper that claims to be indifferent to the monarchy they do not half use it to sell papers. They are not alone there right enough.

I do find the survey results interesting but I do take them with a pinch of salt as the questions can be skewered a certain way.

I have taken part in surveys on a regular basis, not that one, it is possible to position the questions in a certain way. Did they ask clarifying questions, were people not watching because they were working, lots of people were.
Others took advantage of the two long weekends and went on holiday.
Things aren’t always as black and white as surveys can infer.

I agree. Sometimes, the way some questions are phrased here in polls in the United States makes you wonder sometimes what they are even asking.

An RAF jet is scheduled to do a Marham to Aberdeen run tomorrow so looks like Charles has been at Sandringham until today. I’m pleasantly surprised how long they’ve stayed for.

Last edited:
An RAF jet is scheduled to do a Marham to Aberdeen run tomorrow so looks like Charles has been at Sandringham until today. I’m pleasantly surprised how long they’ve stayed for.

They stayed at Sandringham for a while last year as well.

Its been suggested on X that the King and Queen will pay a state visit to Spain this month. No confirmaiton from BP just yet.

Its possible the Queen has headed off to Birkhall, whilst the King is still at Sandringham.

The King Charles III will undergo surgery next week for an enlarged prostate.
“In common with thousands of men each year, The King has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate. His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure. The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation.”

https://news.sky.com/story/the-king-will-attend-hospital-for-prostate-treatment-palace-says-13049569

Last edited:
My God, what a day for the Windsors. Wishing a successful surgery and speedy recovery to His Majesty.

Considering his age, this is not a totally surprising event. I think his willingness to use the opportunity to encourage other men to get checked out is admirable. I wish him well, and hope the procedure goes well and he recovers quickly.

Oh anotehr Op in the House of Windsor. But then at last they are open about it and hopefully all goes well for HM.

Wishing the king a speedy recovery post surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom