General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla, Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, what a rough time for the British Royal Family. Luckily, prostate surgeons are very common and routine. I wish HM The King a routine surgery and easy recovery.

Everything happens at the same time for the Windsors now it seems…. Glad to hear H.M’s condotion is benign as prostate issues is a constant worry for men in his age but also something that many men is uncomfortable discussing with anyone…

It’s a strong reminder for men to go and get checked

Wishing H.M a swift and complete recovery as well

Hope everything goes smoothly next week for His Majesty :flowers:

My God, what a day for the Windsors. Wishing a successful surgery and speedy recovery to His Majesty.

That was my first thought.

Hopefully all goes well and he recovers quickly.

Glad to hear it's a benign condition and it's nice to see the King using his own health as a reminder for others to be checked and to pay attention to their health and symptoms, though certainly it would have been preferable for him not to have had to deal with this at all. Best wishes for an easy procedure and a quick and easy recovery.

Most likely the King won't be able to attend the memorial service for King Konstantinos in Westminster.

Most likely the King won't be able to attend the memorial service for King Konstantinos in Westminster.

No I can't see him attending but the Queen or Princess Royal could attend.

Jesus, what a rough time for the British Royal Family. Luckily, prostate surgeons are very common and routine. I wish HM The King a routine surgery and easy recovery.

The King’s condition is reported to be benign and , even if it were not, it would not be the end the world.

My father had his prostrate removed due to prostate cancer when he was 68. He is 83 now and the cancer did not return. As long as you have surgery when the cancer is still confined to the prostate gland, the prospect of cure is very high.

But, again, as far as we know so far, the King has just a benign prostate enlargement, which is not uncommon in men of his age.

Last edited:
Enlarged prostates are the bane of elderly males unfortunately, but thankfully King Charles?s is a benign condition. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

Enlarged prostates are the bane of elderly males unfortunately, but thankfully King Charles?s is a benign condition. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

Exactly. I read something like 1 in 3 men over 50 will suffer from the condition. Thankfully it is benign and requires a minor procedure. I wish him well.

Poor William is really being hammered at the moment with both his father and wife. I hope he is ok too

I wish HM a speedy recovery. It can't be easy having a busy schedule as King and feeling like one has to urinate every hour. Probably infuriating for a man like Charles - most men really.

Exactly. I read something like 1 in 3 men over 50 will suffer from the condition. Thankfully it is benign and requires a minor procedure. I wish him well.

Poor William is really being hammered at the moment with both his father and wife. I hope he is ok too

Me too. Caretakers spend so much time taking care of others that they don't look after themselves. I hope he leans on the rest of his family, especially HM The Queen, who is going through the same thing (to a lesser extent) HM The King, and HRH The Princess Royal, who seems like the one who handles the family side of things.

By age 60 the number goes up to around 50% and by age 85 the number is closer to 90% according to Harvard Health. So this is hardly a surprising diagnosis, and hopefully the upcoming treatment will be effective and give the King some relief from whatever symptoms he may have.

Stupid question I know but will he still be able to ride a horse in trooping the colour or will it be too uncomfortable for him

The queen spoke briefly today on the king and was on her way into visit the Aberdeen Art Gallery

The fact that he canceled engagements only a day in advance (according to the palace, the announcement was made on Wednesday because he needed to cancel engagements on Thursday and Friday) would seem to suggest he had sudden and significant symptoms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68012498

His choice to specify his medical condition (in hopes of reminding members of the public to get tested for it, which it surely will) implies there is not an unbreakable royal rule against revealing medical conditions but is up to the discretion of individual royals.

Stupid question I know but will he still be able to ride a horse in trooping the colour or will it be too uncomfortable for him

Trooping is 5 months away… Unless any major complications, he will be fine until then

The fact that he canceled engagements only a day in advance (according to the palace, the announcement was made on Wednesday because he needed to cancel engagements on Thursday and Friday) would seem to suggest he had sudden and significant symptoms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68012498

His choice to specify his medical condition (in hopes of reminding members of the public to get tested for it, which it surely will) implies there is not an unbreakable royal rule against revealing medical conditions but is up to the discretion of individual royals.

I do not think there has ever been an unbreakable rule as such, but this is a different reign, the LQ was a product of an earlier age where pregnant princesses just disappeared from public view for the final months.

Any illness/ surgery especially of a certain nature would never be discussed in public. There were also security issues . there were times when a person could be in and out before anything became public.

I think in both the current cases there is a different culture of openness but still entitled to privacy , also in both cases engagements were to be cancelled and if there was secrecy surrounding that then the rumours / speculation would have grown arms and legs. Speculation would have been rife, this way the public know what they need to know. I do not know what the media around the hospital is like but the tv news have been quite respectful.

The morning shows have said enough without crossing the line, because the King has been open re his illness the programmes have ran with awareness etc etc. Catherine is only mentioned in the passing, no speculation.

He's certainly raised interest in the condition! From the BBC website:

From the BBC website:

There has been a surge in searches for prostate enlargement after the King divulged his diagnosis, figures show. There were 16,410 visits to the NHS website page on Wednesday - an average of one visit every five seconds - compared to 1,414 visits on Tuesday, NHS England officials say.

I am reading everywhere that the king released his diagnosis specifically so other men would be more aware (etc) - which indeed seemed to have that effect, so that is great. However, it seems that this is just an interpretation of the media or did the Palace say so?

It is the King's will so other men would be aware etc...

That's what I am reading as well but how do you know that this was the king's reason for publishing his condition? The media could just repeating each other...

The Times attributed the willingness to share his condition to "a Palace source" which is not an uncommon way for the royals to communicate information. How reliable that source is might be open to debate, but it's certainly not unprecedented.

That's what I am reading as well but how do you know that this was the king's reason for publishing his condition? The media could just repeating each other...

Could it be a combination of reasons, there has obviously been a discussion with the main players and advisors, an announcement would be required to stop unhelpful speculation and possibly somebody has given input that it is an important topic and by bring more specific could put emphasis on the problem.
Just a thought. It is a new reign with new methods. Let us take it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom