Charles III and Queen Camilla, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not be surprised if there might at some point be some ugly scenes if people insist on heckling The King. People might start losing their cool with their unnecessary rudeness. I for one wouldn't put up with it & would give them a piece of my mind. If they choose to heckle & be confrontational then loyal people who have turned out to see The King can give as good as the republicans. You can't constantly provoke & not expect a reaction.

Republicans will not persuade anyone with these sort of antics. The King is the wrong target. If people want a republic they need to persuade not abuse.

It's systematic of a general coarsening of public life.

That sounds like a very slippery slope for a civilised democracy...

If someone protests an institution then others are free to protest the protesters. All within the law of course.

The protesters are voicing their dissatisfaction with the monarchy (and not the people supporting the monarchy) much like monarchists voice their support for the monarchy.

I don't see how you'd pull off "protesting the protesters" without simultaneous protesting this group of people's freedom of speech. Hence the slippery slope.

The protesters are voicing their dissatisfaction with the monarchy (and not the people supporting the monarchy) much like monarchists voice their support for the monarchy.

I don't see how you'd pull off "protesting the protesters" without simultaneous protesting this group of people's freedom of speech. Hence the slippery slope.

It's lawful to hold a counter protest. And such a counter protest would be against the idea of republicanism. It wouldn't be about preventing republicans from airing their ideas. And any such counter protest can be as assertive, rude. noisy & unpleasant as that of the republicans.

What's sauce for the goose.....

Last edited:
King Charles presented new Standards and Colours to the Royal Navy, the Life Guards of the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment, The King's Company of the Grenadier Guards and The King's Colour Squadron of the Royal Air Force today, April 27. Queen Camilla was present as well:

** gettyimages gallery **

King Charles presented new Standards and Colours to the Royal Navy, the Life Guards of the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment, The King's Company of the Grenadier Guards and The King's Colour Squadron of the Royal Air Force today, April 27. Queen Camilla was present as well:

Here's a video from todays Ceremony at Buckingham Palace.

The ties between the crown & the military are one of the great strengths of a monarchical system I think.

I can't really explain quite what it feels like to stand in the ranks while the Squadron receives its Colours, in my case it was "the Queen's Colour" and the entire Parade put a lift in our steps as we marched past in review. I imagine that all those that received their brand-new King's Colour marched with an added spring in their steps and bursting with pride.

King Charles looks wonderful in dress uniform and the mutual warmth and respect between he and the Colour Parties and their respective troops was easy to see and their march pasts were all so very proud. I loved that Camilla's ensemble in monochrome red was quite the military tribute. Bravo Charles and Camilla.

Great video.

They should follow the KP example and start posting shorter videos on Instagram as well.

It is beyond belief that every royal (couple) has their own communications teams and channels. That is the root of most of their problems in my opinion. I know Geidt tried to fix this but only to fall from grace himself.

Great video.

They should follow the KP example and start posting shorter videos on Instagram as well.

The "Royal Family Channel" isn't BP's official, but is run by ITN, according to them.

I notice that, like me, she prefers wild flowers and she is given them very often.

King Charles and Queen Camilla hosted a reception at Buckingham Palace today, June 14, to mark the 75th anniversary of the arrival of HMT Empire Windrush:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

The King and Queen hosted a reception where they met 10 people whose faces have been immortalised in paint, marking the 75th anniversary of the arrival of the Empire Windrush.

The King hailed the “immeasurable” impact of the Windrush generation.

I wonder if that's the first statue (bust) of Philip in the UK?

Last edited:
A new Scottish Sword has been created for king Charles to be used at the ceremony next week as the old one had become too fragile. It has been named 'The Elizabeth' (see NOS (in Dutch)).

A new Scottish Sword has been created for king Charles to be used at the ceremony next week as the old one had become too fragile. It has been named 'The Elizabeth' (see NOS (in Dutch)).

Thank you for the info!

But I do not like the sword.

First: The name - "The Elizabeth"! It is obviously named after the King's mother. This somehow insinuates some fears, the King is not up to the task, or fears, he is too different from his mother.

Second: The look! It seems, the "Sword of Thornes" would have been a name more fitting. What does this stand for? If the sword is used too hard, it bites the holder?

Thank you for the info!

But I do not like the sword.

First: The name - "The Elizabeth"! It is obviously named after the King's mother. This somehow insinuates some fears, the King is not up to the task, or fears, he is too different from his mother.

Second: The look! It seems, the "Sword of Thornes" would have been a name more fitting. What does this stand for? If the sword is used too hard, it bites the holder?

The sharp prickles are clearly a reference to the thistle, the national flower of Scotland, which centres the cross guard of the sword.

Its very Game of Thrones looking but it might grow on me!

Its very Game of Thrones looking but it might grow on me!

I agree, it's a very theatrical look, but no doubt we'll all get used to it!

Back
Top Bottom