Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 3: March - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the red but found the purple a bit old fashioned?. Anyway i do like the shape of the coat and the hat is gorgeous.

As I have watched the different pictures, I thought these coats are the same model but different colours (purple and red)... Did this noticed someone else?
I was a tad confused by the red coat combination. Short sleeves long sleeves, 3 colors, shorter, longer. Too much confusion.
The purple one was elegant, chic absolutely beautiful.

As I have watched the different pictures, I thought these coats are the same model but different colours (purple and red)... Did this noticed someone else?

Yes, the cut and the seams are all the same. Probably tailor-made for Princess Mary since it fits her body so well. There is a difference in that the purple has pockets and a tie-belt.

Last edited:
that purple coat was perfect for Mary and one of the nicest royal outfits this year

Although I would have liked to see the dress she wore in London the other evening, perhaps it is better that it was covered by the gentleman's coat. What I saw of it peeking from the coat looked like a casual. too casual, dress for the evening.

Although I would have liked to see the dress she wore in London the other evening, perhaps it is better that it was covered by the gentleman's coat. What I saw of it peeking from the coat looked like a casual. too casual, dress for the evening.

What's wrong with dressing casually in the evening when the event is casual???

Like I said in the other post (about Princess Marie's style) Mary is becoming too safe, too boring, too perfect and verging on a "Stepford Wife", too robotic...I don't even see HER anymore, I just see the outfit...those outfits were nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't want nice, I want to see interesting, daring, colour, etc...

I realise her role calls for conservative, but a bit of colour wouldn't have gone astray, for example a purple/pink monochrome patterned dress under the purple jacket might have been more interesting than the beige...I liked the red/white/black ensemble because of its geometric-ness, almost Mondrian even with the differing sleeve lengths, which I love and like I have said before, I think the three-quarter sleeve is definitely Mary's trademark...but I would like to see more prints mixed in with the bold blocks of colour, i.e. the jackets/coats...think of the outfit she wore to Christian's christening, more along those lines...

that purple coat was perfect for Mary and one of the nicest royal outfits this year

I agree. The color is perfect for her complexion, the coat is cut in such a flattering and feminine way, and overall, the whole outfit is just beautiful on her.

Like I said in the other post (about Princess Marie's style) Mary is becoming too safe, too boring, too perfect and verging on a "Stepford Wife", too robotic...I don't even see HER anymore, I just see the outfit...those outfits were nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't want nice, I want to see interesting, daring, colour, etc...

I realise her role calls for conservative, but a bit of colour wouldn't have gone astray, for example a purple/pink monochrome patterned dress under the purple jacket might have been more interesting than the beige...I liked the red/white/black ensemble because of its geometric-ness, almost Mondrian even with the differing sleeve lengths, which I love and like I have said before, I think the three-quarter sleeve is definitely Mary's trademark...but I would like to see more prints mixed in with the bold blocks of colour, i.e. the jackets/coats...think of the outfit she wore to Christian's christening, more along those lines...
Wow, thats a bit harsh.:whistling: Mary does do daring colour and interesting, when the occasion calls for it. The outfit was a lovely understated classic choice for the day and occasion. If she had worn anything like you have suggested, i can only imagine the criticism!!:eek: Granny, too daring, and inappropriate comes to mind. But we are all entitled to our opinion after all. I think she does mix it up well and does lots of different looks to suit the occasion and the masses. :flowers: Its good to hear and read what the masses think after all, or i wouldn't be on this thread!

Wow, thats a bit harsh.:whistling: Mary does do daring colour and interesting, when the occasion calls for it. The outfit was a lovely understated classic choice for the day and occasion. If she had worn anything like you have suggested, i can only imagine the criticism!!:eek: Granny, too daring, and inappropriate comes to mind. But we are all entitled to our opinion after all. I think she does mix it up well and does lots of different looks to suit the occasion and the masses. :flowers: Its good to hear and read what the masses think after all, or i wouldn't be on this thread!

I agree with everything you said missjane, and would like to add just one more thing for consideration. The purple outfit which was singled out was worn to quite a formal (almost a traditional-style event), it was not, for example, related to CIFF...
Different occassions, different demands, still appropriate outfits.

(This was just my opinion, please take it for what it is)

July 6 Mary in a lovely peach top with white pants. I think the end of the sleeves are very pretty maybe because they are different. The peach suits Mary very well.

Picture

July 6 Mary in a lovely peach top with white pants. I think the end of the sleeves are very pretty maybe because they are different. The peach suits Mary very well.

Picture

The colour is nice but I don't like see-through clothes on Royals in general (apart from see through arm sleeves, they look nice). It might not be the bra but it looks like one, too much for me.

The colour is nice but I don't like see-through clothes on Royals in general (apart from see through arm sleeves, they look nice). It might not be the bra but it looks like one, too much for me.

I as well dont like see-through cloths on royals but I think I would pass since it wasnt an official event.

to me it looks like she has a small camisole top under the see through blouse

What I don't like is that you can see the pocket of the pant through the fabric...

I didn't mind Mary's outfit all that much (not my favorite but young and current) but I certainly didn't care for Fred's combo! Colors just didn't do it for me. Rather haphazard. I would have rather seen him in a light chocolate shirt with those beige pants or a nice medium blue pant to go with the blue/gray shirt [at least those are the colors that are coming up on my computer--but maybe different in person]

Mary outfit looks like a pijama, horrible.

I hear you,:flowers: as it is quite loose fitting, but that is where the belt pulls the outfit together and looks chic. Remember it is summer there at the moment and i like it looks very cool and easy to wear.

The outfit is fine with me, I would have liked to see thicker fabric on the pants though. I don't like white pants that you can see the pockets through the fabric, I suppose that I'm just weird like that. Other than that, the top is lovely.

The outfit is fine with me, I would have liked to see thicker fabric on the pants though. I don't like white pants that you can see the pockets through the fabric, I suppose that I'm just weird like that.

Well, if you're weird, so am I ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Mary wore an aubergine pair of Christian Louboutin's ONCE...I have never seen them again...It was to Legoland or something with a purple Prada patchworky suit...anyone know what I am talking about? Can you find the image?

Sorry for the digression, now back to Princess MARIE!!!

Princess Mary wore an aubergine pair of Christian Louboutin's ONCE...I have never seen them again...It was to Legoland or something with a purple Prada patchworky suit...anyone know what I am talking about? Can you find the image?

Sorry for the digression, now back to Princess MARIE!!!

Was it that outfit you had in mind? http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/CPmaryMB/Tamriko/Fashion/2004panel6.jpg
But this was not in Legoland, I think it was in London. The dress is Hugo Boss and the shoes are black Louboutins

She has worn aubergine shoes with that aubergine Alexander McQueen gown, and with the green/bluish gown worn at the birthday "party" for King Carl Gustav
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1462/drws26ia.jpg (29.April 2006 - Stockholm)
But I'm not sure if they are by Louboudin

If I'm allowed to post that link to that neighbouring board, Board Message is always a very good source for Marys fashion

I have to say I adore the gown she wore to CG's party thank for posting it again.

I love that Alexander McQueen gown. This is the first time that I have seen this photo. Beautiful! Thanks for posting it!

Didnt you just say the following in the felipe and letizia thread
Fashion, fashion, fashion, fashion, for God sake, is that really IMPORTANT?

You comment on fashion too.
I dont disagree with you on the pyjama comment but you are being hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom