Countdown! The Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital: 22 July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sign is the announcement. The notice on the easel at BP is how they're planning on announcing the birth, and they've said they'll only be doing that between 8AM and 10:30PM.

If the baby is born after 10:30PM we won't find out until the next morning.

I know that. What I am asking about is the officer who will be leaving Lindo Wing with the announcement paper in a car to BP. Once he emerges out of the main entrance of Lindo wing, we know the birth has occured, but no details.
So if a birth occurs at 11 PM, will that guy leave Lindo Wing right then? Or will he wait till morning?
If he leaves right then, we will know birth has occured, but have to wait tillmorning tofind out the details...

Something tells me we're still in for quite a long wait. I think she was admitted rather earlier in the process than women usually are these days.

Its been a long long time now, but I wonder if maybe Kate was allowed to be admitted as soon as signs of labour started especially as it was so early in the morning and that meant it was (just a little bit) easier to get into the hospital without being spotted and having it reported straigh away.

It common for peoples to be in Labor 24 Hours or more.

24 hours! seriously?

i didn't know labour could be so long.

oh well, i hope kate is doing well. i'm sure she isn't the only mother-to-be who chooses natural birth, so it's surely survivable. although it does seem extra complicated when seeing what other methods are available (C section or induced). However, i am no expert: maybe these can have other consequences.

I know that. What I am asking about is the officer who will be leaving Lindo Wing with the announcement paper in a car to BP. Once he emerges out of the main entrance of Lindo wing, we know the birth has occured, but no details.
So if a birth occurs at 11 PM, will that guy leave Lindo Wing right then? Or will he wait till morning?
If he leaves right then, we will know birth has occured, but have to wait tillmorning tofind out the details...

He'll not leave until 8am if the birth is after 10:30

He will not be leaving the hospital, except during the hours repeatedly stated here. In fact, those hours imply that the official announcement must be concluded by 10:30pm.

How far to the Palace? He needs to leave well before 10:30 if they are going to do the whole thing by 10:30.

or maybe the opposite, that if we see them leaving it means that birth took place?

sounds like the a damn mafia operation..

We can watch the language, I think. Weren't you the poster who used the word "douchebag" in an earlier post? Kind of unnecessary here.

At least I will sleep peacefully, knowing that there isn't an announcement and that I haven't missed out ;)

It was my understanding that space in the hospital was set aside for their staff. I probably read that here, do not recall the source.

We can watch the language, I think. Weren't you the poster who used the word "douchebag" in an earlier post? Kind of unnecessary here.
is there a language rule here? < ed Warren >

Last edited by a moderator:
If Peter and Mark are accurate, this is the guy to watch for: http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//royalty/201209069218/duke-duchess-cambridge-new-secretary/0-45-821/miguel-head--z.jpg

Of course, if they really want to keep it a secret, a guy will pull up in a delivery van to some back door. He'll go in and come back out with some outgoing parcels.
Then he'll make his delivery at BP! :lol:

That is Miguel Head. He used to be the press guy but he is now William's Private Secretary. Ed Perkins is the press guy now. He came over from BP. Don't know what he looks like.

CNN's royal expert is a hack! Where do they find these people? Certainly not at the Royal Forums!

NBC is the one who seems to have an in with the royal family - Matt Lauer is always getting the interviews with one of them. Fox News hauled poor Stuart Varney out of bed at 5:00 in the morning. I guess being 1.) British and 2.) having a boatload of children makes him their "royal expert". :ROFLMAO:

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1m
18.00 at the Lindo Wing.The Duchess of Cambridge has been in labour for at least 12 hours.No update from officials since 07.30. #RoyalBaby

does that mean that william and kate's personnel will spend the night in the hospital if the birth happens at night?

Perhaps, if they leave at all, it'll be through one of the side exits. Maybe they'll leave after 10;30pm to return at 8 to make the announcement if baby Cambridge is born 10:30 tonight.

Really, the only people who know the right answers are the personnel themselves.

The birthing scene in the movie "Nine Months" comes to mind right now. Joan Cusack's character was letting her husband (Tom Arnold) have it. Made me laugh over and over again.

@BBCPeterHunt: A helicopter has landed in the grounds of Buckingham Palace. Its not known who was on board. #RoyalBaby

I wonder who's in the helicopter, Maybe Harry? Probably not though, The Middletons are said to be in London, and Camilla and Charles are in York. Any ideas?

My mum has said to me one time that she was in labour for almost 24 hours when I was born. One cousin has also a very long labour, with more than 20 hours. My sister-in-law, on the other hand, has my nephew almost on the reception of the hospital.
But I think everybody, especially the journalists (the poor ones waiting for weeks on the front of the hospital), want this baby will be born soon.

I wonder who's in the helicopter, Maybe Harry? Probably not though, The Middletons are said to be in London, and Camilla and Charles are in York. Any ideas?

Could have been Edward coming back from Devon. He has an engagement with the Queen at BP tomorrow

If the baby is born between 10:30pm & 8am the news will be sent out via press release with the ease being put up around 9am
@RoyalCentral

@victoriaarbiter: @RoyalKateDebate originally they said after 10.30pm an easel would wait until morning but they may still release the info. It all depends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom