The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 31: April - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't think such bright yellow is her colour. And the bow, I don't think the bow is that big when she wore it during the tour? Could that be angle/wind? Judging from the photos it looks a bit fussy. I would prefer the other yellow dresses she previously wore for Wimbledon.

Bright yellow is not her color, and I think since she looks good in so many other things, her stylist has not yet realized it.

I haven’t seen a good full length frontal view yet, so I’ll reserve my final judgement. I like the upper part ( from all the sitting down shots). I think it’s very stylish. I was surprised when I saw the full length shots from behind that it’s a flared long skirt to the dress - the top part suggested it might be a more tailored, fitted style ( which would have been uncomfortable for a hot day at Wimbledon. Surprised by the heels too.

The colour is great, but the lenght is too long and I am not a fan of the bow, neither of the shoes.

I still don't think such bright yellow is her colour. And the bow, I don't think the bow is that big when she wore it during the tour?

I think the bow had the same size, it hasn't been modified:

** March 2022 ** March 2022 **

I haven’t seen a good full length frontal view yet, so I’ll reserve my final judgement.

The above posted gallery has by now been updated with full length photos :flowers:

The Duchess of Cambridge looked lovely and I didn't mind the bow or the colour.

I also think it is too long and don’t like the heels. But it is really not a pretty yellow, too bright and crayon ish

I dislike the shoulders, they look so wide.
And the bright yellow reminds me of the time Kate wore another Roksanda dress, and said William told her she looked like a banana.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 31: April 2022 -

Thanks for the frontal view. It’s not one of her best looks but this lady can wear pretty much anything and look fine, and she always looks so immaculately turned out. I agree this isn’t a particularly nice shade of yellow, but I do like the bright, sunny look for Wimbledon.
I loved the dress she wore for the polo match and hope we see more of this style rather than the long, flowing dresses.

The Duchess of Cambridge looking good in a polka dot dress at Wimbledon today, July 10:

** gallery **

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2022-ready-to-wear/alessandra-rich/slideshow/collection#2

Similar puffy sleeves, ruffle collar and bow, looks like the twins of the horrid dress from the Bahamas. The navy colour, smaller ruffle and bows reduces the ugliness but still a awful dress. I don't get her obsession with AR's polka dot recently, they don't flatter her at all.

Edit: I thought the skirt is a repeat from last year Wimbledon but seems that they're different so it's the third AR navy polka dot dress she had :ninja:

(No.1 is the navy polka dot dress with white collar she wore for the Charles' birthday photo, no.2 is that pleated dress, and now there's no.3:whistling:)

Last edited:

Adore this on Catherine. Quite the upscale style which is retro updated with modern fabric. Similar styles are the summer scene in up-market designer salons in New York this year. Biggest drawback is that one must be on the slender side to wear perfectly. We all were after the war due to lack of different foods and certainly sugar, chocolate, cream and flour were rationed back then so we were all rather slim. Still remember all that. JMO

From what I can see of this dress, I really like it. Maybe it’s the retro style I find appealing. I like the sleeves, how it fits, the peplum, all very nice.

The Duchess looks really lovely and another beautiful polkadot dress today!

Yes, it’s a lovely dress and the shoes are a perfect choice.

The Duchess of Cambridge is a beautiful woman and we humans judge a lot by the face. She actually does not dress her height or her shoulders very well although her taste is usually good. She seems to have warm colouring with a red undertone but it can be difficult to tell with the lighting and the photography.

Perfect shoes...but how on earth was she able to walk on that grass???
Years of experience...?

I think it is a grass carpet that they walk on when they go to present the prizes.

I love the dress and find it very flattering on the Duchess!

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Duke of Cambridge's charity polo match today, July 6, wearing a nice Emilia Wickstead dress:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I dislike the design.

The Duchess of Cambridge in yellow (Roksanda) at Wimbledon today, July 9:

** gallery **

I only like the color.

The Duchess of Cambridge looking good in a polka dot dress at Wimbledon today, July 10:

** gallery **

I don't like the style or design.

I really like her top. I want one. Lol The whole look is nice though.

Last edited by a moderator:
A beautiful outfit. I love the blouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
he Duchess Of Cambridge looked wonderful and a great outfit in Plymouth :previous:

I like both items but not together; the top looks too heavy for the shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom