The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I admire this low key proclamation of the new monarch. No matter how you slice the new head is coming to power because their parent is dead. Not exactly the best way to get a job. Perhaps the announcement and presentation of the new King/Queen should take place a week after the unfortunate event, not the very next day. But not putting on a big bells and whistles parade gets applause from me.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I admire this low key proclamation of the new monarch. No matter how you slice the new head is coming to power because their parent is dead. Not exactly the best way to get a job. Perhaps the announcement and presentation of the new King/Queen should take place a week after the unfortunate event, not the very next day. But not putting on a big bells and whistles parade gets applause from me.
The proclamation has to take place the next day, so the danes (in this case) and the world knows who the regent of Denmark is

Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

But aren't we confusing the proclamation with a coronation? I see nothing wrong with proclaiming the new monarch the day following the death of the former king or queen. This would be a somber ceremony but no doubt the new monarch was brought up with the knowledge that he or she would be ruler once a parent was dead; to them it may be sad but not something which grief would not allow them to perform.

As for a coronation, I assume from this thread that the Danish Kings and Queens no longer have coronation ceremonies? Too bad, these ceremonies have a way of uniting the people.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

From the State Archives.

The draft to Frederik IX obiturary was prepared in advance: Udkast til Kongens dødsannonce | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

QMII's draft to her official monogram: Dronning Margrethes eget udkast til navnetræk | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And how it ended up looking and here presented to the public in Statstidende as all official announcements, laws and so on must: Kundgørelse i Statstidende | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And a document signed by the then PM, Jens Otto Krag, that it's business as usual after Princess Margrethe became Queen. - I.e. the Parliament need not approve that the administrative decisions made the Executive branch of government in the name of King Frederik IX and during his reign, will now continue in the name of Queen Margrethe II. http://www.flickr.com/photos/statens...57628838249929
That meanst that the government administration is still in force, has the necessary authority and their actions are still valid.

The official request from the PM to QMII after the death of her father, that the announcement of her fathers death and she being the new Sovereign may be made public.
QMII approves of the request by her signature.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/statens...57628838249929
http://www.flickr.com/photos/statens...7628838249929/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/statens...7628838249929/
Old 08-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

Really interesting items, thanks Muhler

We can expect similar items, when the Queen passes?
Old 08-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Really interesting items, thanks Muhler

We can expect similar items, when the Queen passes?
No doubt.

The formalities have to be in order.

There is even a document where QMII has requested that she be addressed in a less reverently manner in official documents. (But still very reverently by modern standards) She also abolished a number of ancient titles used by Danish monarch since King David was a toddler. I ærbødighed - en ny hilsen indføres | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Presumably QMII thought that it was a bit over the top.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
No doubt.

The formalities have to be in order.

There is even a document where QMII has requested that she be addressed in a less reverently manner in official documents. (But still very reverently by modern standards) She also abolished a number of ancient titles used by Danish monarch since King David was a toddler. I ærbødighed - en ny hilsen indføres | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Presumably QMII thought that it was a bit over the top.
Which ancient titles were they Muhler?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Which ancient titles were they Muhler?
Difficult to translate, but basically listing a number of lands, that at the very latest were obsolete after 1864.

Roughly translated: Conquerour of the Vends and Goths (Northern Germany, from medieval times), Duke to Schleswig, Holstein, Ditmarsken, Lauenborg and Oldenborg. - Lands lost in 1864.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Difficult to translate, but basically listing a number of lands, that at the very latest were obsolete after 1864.

Roughly translated: Conquerour of the Vends and Goths (Northern Germany, from medieval times), Duke to Schelswig, Holstein, Ditmarken, Lauenborg and Oldenborg. - Lands lost in 1864.
Many thanks,knew about the Schelswig title but the others I had never heard of!

Tags
margrethe ii