The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2019, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'm not a particular fan of Letizia's diamond Fleur-de-lys tiara ,I don't like the current design of it.

Its also not my favourite but after all her "Floral" appearances Im happy to something different! I also would like to see the Prussian at some point (also not a favourite)

Old 02-24-2019, 02:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
Its also not my favourite but after all her "Floral" appearances Im happy to something different! I also would like to see the Prussian at some point (also not a favourite)
I agree, the "new" FdL may not be the best design, but I think it is a good one for Letitia to bring into regular rotation.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Prussian tiara would be ideal as starter tiara for Leonor or Sofia in a few years!

27th of March 1615:Death of Marguerite de Valois,Queen of Navarre
Old 02-24-2019, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

As for the inauguration in Japan this year, has it been confirmed, that there will be a gala event with international guests? I assume there will be, but you can't be sure unless the the events are announced. (Sorry, I didn't follow the threads about the abdication and inauguration closely.)

That would be a great event for her to don one of her bigger tiaras again. As for the new fleur-de-lys tiara, I think that Letizia prefers to leave it to events of a more private character, like birthdays. So far, she has only worn it at a birthday gala for Queen Margrethe.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

If I remember correctly the inauguration of the present Emperor and Empress wasn't attended by other reigning Monarchs, but by heirs [or other high ranking representatives].

I know that is the usual practice in 'the west', and think it also stands in Japan.
If so the Queen of Spain will not be there. Not sure who the Spaniards will send [having SO Tiny a Royal family, and a very young Princess of the Asturias]
Possibly Queen Sofia...
Old 02-24-2019, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
If I remember correctly the inauguration of the present Emperor and Empress wasn't attended by other reigning Monarchs, but by heirs [or other high ranking representatives.

I know that is the usual practice in 'the west', and think it also stands in Japan.
If so the Queen of Spain will not be there. Not sure who the Spaniards will send [having SO Tiny a Royal family, and a very young Princess of the Asturias]
Possibly the Dowager Queen...
It's correct that Western protocol dictates that a reigning monarch never attends a coronation or enthronement ceremony. During the 20th century the British Royal family changed that practice, initially as a consequence of the abdication crisis, and Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Maude all took part in the the coronation of their son, daughter and nephew.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

My theory for Japanese Inauguration guests, and potential tiaras
  • Charles & Camilla- Honeycomb Tiara
  • Frederik & Mary- Ruby Tiara
  • Haakon & Mette Marit - Probably the Daisy but I hope for the Amethysts
  • Victoria & Daniel - Baden Fringe
  • either Princess Beatrix or Queen Maxima in the Wurttemberg Pearl (Bea due to being most senior adult besides the King & Queen, Maxima for her closeness to Masako)
  • Either Queen Paola in her diamond bandeau, Princess Astrid in the Savoy-Aosta tiara, or (pipe dream) Elisabeth in the Laurel Wreath
  • Queen Sofia - Cartier Diamand & Pearl Tiara
  • HGD Guillaume & Stephanie - Chaumet Chocker Tiara
  • Princess Caroline of Monaco- Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara
Old 02-24-2019, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
If I remember correctly the inauguration of the present Emperor and Empress wasn't attended by other reigning Monarchs, but by heirs [or other high ranking representatives].

Possibly Queen Sofia...

Yes you are right usually no reign monarchs attend a coronation/inauguartion of another monarch but i can remember at Akihitos inauguration 1990, reign monarchs attented a gala dinner. like the swedish King&Queen, Danish Queen&Prince Consort, GD of Luxembourg. Maybe we will see reign monarchs at Naruhitos inauguartion too. Its just a guess

I guess not the right Threat but there is a threat for akihitos coronation
The Enthronement Ceremony Of The Emperor Of Japan
Old 02-24-2019, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Actually quiet a few reigingin Couples attended the coronation in 1990 among them-King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola,Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, KIng Carl Gustaf and Queen Sivlia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
As for the inauguration in Japan this year, has it been confirmed, that there will be a gala event with international guests? I assume there will be, but you can't be sure unless the the events are announced. (Sorry, I didn't follow the threads about the abdication and inauguration closely.)

Apparently there will be seveal Court Dinners among the coronation so it is liekly there will be one with the foreign Royals attending. There was at last one Gala Dinner in 1990 where the foreign royals where present.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

On March 5 the Queen will host a reception at Buckingham Palace to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales. In attendance? Charles, Camilla, Harry, Meghan, Kate, William and Princess Anne. Expect white tie!

Since it is going to be a white tie event, expect the blings aka tiaras

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1100101321569517568
Old 02-25-2019, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
On March 5 the Queen will host a reception at Buckingham Palace to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales. In attendance? Charles, Camilla, Harry, Meghan, Kate, William and Princess Anne. Expect white tie!

I assume we're going to see the usual tiara choices for the ladies involved
  • The Queen - Girls of Great Britain
  • Camilla- Honeycomb Tiara
  • Kate- Cambridge Lover's Knot
  • Meghan- Queen Mary's Art Deco Bandeau
  • Anne- Princess Andrew's Meander Tiara
Old 02-25-2019, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Apparently it is in the late morning so no white tie and also nio black tie.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Typically, the BRF tend to only do tiaras at events of state, or the CHOGM. This is neither., so unlikely to be a tiara event.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Much as I would like to see one of the larger pearl and diamond tiara's, I suspect we will see the Floral tiara in Spain today for the state banquet.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillVictoria View Post
I assume we're going to see the usual tiara choices for the ladies involved
  • The Queen - Girls of Great Britain
  • Camilla- Honeycomb Tiara
  • Kate- Cambridge Lover's Knot
  • Meghan- Queen Mary's Art Deco Bandeau
  • Anne- Princess Andrew's Meander Tiara

I believe it is going to be a lunch reception, so most likely business suit, maybe morning dress if the Queen wants to go more formal.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Four state visits this month and, by all reports, not one of them will have tiaras.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Four state visits this month and, by all reports, not one of them will have tiaras.

The Problem is that more and more Republics specially those in South America and in Asia don't host proper State Banquets anmore but instead a State lunch. And most of the Republics who still hoist State Banquets have the dress code as black tie so some royals wear tiaras some don't .

Old 03-21-2019, 12:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The Problem is that more and more Republics specially those in South America and in Asia don't host proper State Banquets anmore but instead a State lunch. And most of the Republics who still hoist State Banquets have the dress code as black tie so some royals wear tiaras some don't .
And some republics even offer State Banquets with short dress, see the Spanish, the Dutch banquets at the Palais de l'Élysée in Paris. Leading to the remarkable situation that a sports or film awards show has a higher dresscode than an evenement of state...

Queen Letizia:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/a7...41fd3398fc.jpg

Queen Máxima:
https://www.agefotostock.com/preview...h-66595758.jpg
Old 03-21-2019, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There's a Spanish State Visit to Argentina at the end of the month there won't be any tiaras and if we're lucky we might get a change of earring from lackluster Letizia.

27th of March 1615:Death of Marguerite de Valois,Queen of Navarre
Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I have to laugh seeing that picture. The lady in bordeaux dress in the vestibule is Ottoline Antoinette Gaarlandt - van Voorst van Beest, already a hofdame (lady in waiting) or 25 years, not looking very much impressed at all with the "state banquet" over there at the Élysée.