Belgian State Visit to Germany: December 5 - 7, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
The German Federal President's Office today, October 30, announced that King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will pay a state visit to Germany from December 5 - December 7, 2023.

** bundespraesident.de: Bundespräsident Steinmeier empfängt das belgische Königspaar zum Staatsbesuch **

Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and Elke Büdenbender will receive the Belgian royal couple, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, for a state visit to Germany from December 5th to 7th.

On December 5th, they welcome (..) the state guests with military honors at Bellevue Palace in Berlin. In the evening, the Federal President invites (..) to a state banqueti(..) at Bellevue Palace. Appointments in Berlin and Dresden follow on the second and third days of the visit.

The first state visit of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde to Germany honors the close and diverse relationships between Germany and Belgium: from economic cooperation to cultural exchange to scientific cooperation.

The Belgian King Albert II and Queen Paola (..) made a state visit to Germany in March 2011. In March 2016, Federal President Gauck traveled to Belgium on a state visit.

Details about the visit (..) will be published at a later date.

Last edited:
A whole Delegation of Belgians of high level came with their Majesties.

I'm hoping to see the Queen wear at least the Cartier Bandeau. Would love to see the Nine Provinces but I don't think it's possible. :(

Would love to see the Nine Provinces but I don't think it's possible. :(

If the Queen wanted it it surely would be possible. But then as far as i can remember neither she nor Queen Paola have worn the full nine Provinces tiara at State Visits to or from Republics

I am looking forward my King's Speech , I don't know is He is speaking fluently ?

The German Presidential Couple was awarded with the Order of Leopold

Pic

Queen Paola started to give the Royal Ladies a smaller Sash.

How appropriate for them to have been invited/present!

Our Belgian newspaper has an interesting article about this State Visit.
When the Airbus A330 of the Belgian delegation arrived in Germany two german aiplanes where flying with surprise behind hers. King Philippe who was himself Pilot , recognised them they were Eurofighters. Everybody was astonished about his knowledge. Good point !
During the diner he spoke about his german ancestors , about the efforts Germany did after their difficult moments and about our economy so depending from Germany and Germany depênding to us. We are its commercial partner n°9 how important for us..

Last edited:
Our Belgian newspaper has an interesting article about this State Visit.
When the Airbus A330 of the Belgian delegation arrived in Germany two german aiplanes where flying with surprise behind hers. King Philippe who was himself Pilot , recognised them they were Eurofighters. Everybody was astonished about his knowledge. Good point !
During te diner he spoke about his german ancestors , about the efforts Germany did after their difficult moments and about our economy so depending from Germany . We are its commercial partner n°9 how important for us..

It is not so as astonishing actually. Many people who are not pilots can recognize a Eurofighter Typhoon when they see one because of its characteristic canard delta wing.

Not for the people who were inside the Airbus A330 from Belgium !!
It is not so as astonishing actually. Many people who are not pilots can recognize a Eurofighter Typhoon when they see one because of its characteristic canard delta wing.

Very few news about the important economical point of this State Visit of the King and his Consort. More posts about Queen Mathilde's Fasfion which is not the purpose of a State Visit ! Sad.!!

Did the Belgians Monarchs hosted ? What did they play ??

Did the Belgians Monarchs hosted ? What did they play ??

The return event took place yesterday evening at the Funkhaus Berlin. The performing artists of the concert were Belgian soprano Sophie Junker, German baritone Samuel Hasselhorn and Israeli-South African pianist Ammiel Bushakevitz, see here. Samuel Hasselhorn had won the Queen Elisabeth Competition for Voice 2018, see here.

Back
Top Bottom