The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the state visit to Canada from Belgium will be tiara event, I think Mathilde will wear the wolfers tiara.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

There will be a state visit to France from Luxembourg in march. My guess would be it will not be a tiara event, however, what do you think?

Old 02-19-2018, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

No tiaras under the previous president, the state dinner was business suits. However, I think the current president hasn’t hosted any monarchy incoming state visits. If they make it black tie, the royal ladies can decide to wear a tiara. I doubt it will happen, but it’s possible.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

We might see Mathilde with a glittering brooch in her hair, but not more, I'm afraid.

There's quite a tiara draught at the moment. I hope that the Swedish at least will put on a representation dinner soon.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well if the French state visit is a tiara event, I think Maria Teresa will wear the Belgian scroll tiara. Although I would love if she wore the emerald Art Deco tiara.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Queen Sonja and King Harald will make a state visit to Argentinia march 6th-8th. I dont think its a Gala Dinner with Tiaras. But if she wears a Tiara i think its the Queen Maud pearl Tiara
Old 03-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
We might see Mathilde with a glittering brooch in her hair, but not more, I'm afraid.
Hopefully, it will be a brooch of her own at least, rather than a borrowed one. I was so let down after finding out here at TRF that the exquisite butterfly brooch she wore at the Danish state banquet was actually a loan.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
Queen Sonja and King Harald will make a state visit to Argentinia march 6th-8th. I dont think its a Gala Dinner with Tiaras. But if she wears a Tiara i think its the Queen Maud pearl Tiara
When Queen Beatrix, the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima made a State Visit to Argentina (under president Kirchner) the dresscode was just suit-and-tie for both days.

Day 1

Day 2

Recently in the Netherlands, President Macri did follow Dutch protocol:

Day 1

The return event, organized by the Argentineans, was suit-and-tie however:

Day 2

So my guess is: the dresscode in Buenos Aires will be suit and tie, no big jewels.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Well if the French state visit is a tiara event, I think Maria Teresa will wear the Belgian scroll tiara. Although I would love if she wore the emerald Art Deco tiara.
President François Hollande wanted to affiche himself as Monsieur Normal. The dresscode (once cravate blanc, then lowered to cravate noir) became just suit-and-tie.... picture

President Emmanuel Macron has more eye for the grandeur of the presidency. It is to wait and see if he will "up" the dresscode for a State Banquet at the Palais de l'Élysée or not.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

France has now a handome first Lady, it will be interesting to see her in an evening dress with the Luxemburger Order du Chêne.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tiara guessing for March (there’s a chance we might not see any tiaras, but I’m pretending they all are tiara events here):

Sonja in Argentina – Pearl Tiara in full setting
Mathilde in Canada – Nine Provinces in bandeau setting
Maria Teresa in France - Chaumet Emerald Tiara
Alessandra De Osma wedding – Brunswick Tiara
Old 03-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

This months state visit to Holland from Jordan has been downgraded to an official visit. Too bad that's another event that won't be a tiara event.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Well, since WA's reign began, there have been a few official visits that included black tie and tiaras. The visits from Shimon Perez and Albert II of Monaco come to mind. So I think that there is a possibility that some tiaras will be worn. If so, I think that Queen Rania will wear her favoured Boucheron bracelet tiara and Maxima will probably go comparatively small too. Perhaps the emerald tiara or the small sapphire tiara.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Courtier

https://media.shootitlive.com/LO9it6...lapictures/138[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the dress - but what worries me more is that I am still not sure if I like the tiara in the new style with the pearls.... I mean, what not to like on a diamond and pearl tiara but there is something about this adaptation which somehow simply does not fly with me
Old 03-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Not sure about the dress - but what worries me more is that I am still not sure if I like the tiara in the new style with the pearls.... I mean, what not to like on a diamond and pearl tiara but there is something about this adaptation which somehow simply does not fly with me
I prefer it with the pearls or diamonds, and the slightly altered frame I believe. Sorry but the emeralds always reminded me of spearmint candies. Much more attractive with different toppers.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the Jordanian visit is a tiara event, here are my guesses

Maxima: antique pearl tiara
Rania: bracelet tiara
Old 03-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Belgian State Visit to Canada
Monday, 19:30 State Dinner
Dress code: Black tie – long dress
https://www.belgianstatevisit.be/activities

So I guess it’s up to Mathilde to decide if she will wear a tiara. Maxima did, but she usually does.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Nobility

I think we might see Queen Mathilde with the Wolfers Tiara or her Laurel Wreath in Canada. I think the state visit to Poland was also a black tie dinner and she wore the Wolfers.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:17 PM
Nobility

I also think we might see Tiara during the Jordan visit to Netherlands. My guess.
small Saphire for Queen Maxima.
Barcelet Tiara for Queen Rania.
Pearl Button for Princess Beatrix.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I think we might see Queen Mathilde with the Wolfers Tiara or her Laurel Wreath in Canada. I think the state visit to Poland was also a black tie dinner and she wore the Wolfers.

Lets hope so. In Poland she actually wore two tiaras. The wolfers as tiara and her laurel wreath tiara as necklace.