Nobility

My guess for Dutch state visit to UK.
Q.Maxima Stuart Tiara
Q.Elizabeth II GD Vladimir with pearls.
D.Camilla Greville Tiara
D. Catherine Lovers Knot
P.Anne Feaston
C.Sophie wedding Tiara
----During the spanish state visit we had 3 Aquamarine Tiaras, I wounder we will have somethig similiar during this state visit, maybe 3 pear Tiaras, the GD Vladimir, Wuerttember Pearl, Lovers Knot, or (( i doubt)) Dutch Sappire, Modern Sapphire, Sapphire Bandeau on D.Catherine)

Old 10-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
My guesses for the Icelandic gala:

Margrethe: Baden tiara
Mary: ruby necklace tiara
Marie: wedding tiara
Benedikte: star tiara

My guess:
Margrethe: Floral Aigrette
Mary: wedding Tiara
Marie: wedding Tiara
Benedikte: Fringe Tiara

Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
My guess for Dutch state visit to UK.
Q.Maxima Stuart Tiara
Q.Elizabeth II GD Vladimir with pearls.
D.Camilla Greville Tiara
D. Catherine Lovers Knot
P.Anne Feaston
C.Sophie wedding Tiara
----During the spanish state visit we had 3 Aquamarine Tiaras, I wounder we will have somethig similiar during this state visit, maybe 3 pear Tiaras, the GD Vladimir, Wuerttember Pearl, Lovers Knot, or (( i doubt)) Dutch Sappire, Modern Sapphire, Sapphire Bandeau on D.Catherine)
I guessed previously that Queen Elizabeth II would wear the Vladimir tiara with pearls as she had done on other Dutch state visits. however, just seen that the tiara will be on display at the Queen's Gallery from November for a Russia: Royalty & The Romanovs exhibition. While of course the Queen can wear her tiara anytime would she choose a tiara that is about to go on display? Not sure
Old 10-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I guessed previously that Queen Elizabeth II would wear the Vladimir tiara with pearls as she had done on other Dutch state visits. however, just seen that the tiara will be on display at the Queen's Gallery from November for a Russia: Royalty & The Romanovs exhibition. While of course the Queen can wear her tiara anytime would she choose a tiara that is about to go on display? Not sure

I missed that and I agree with you.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Majesty

Maybe the Queen will wear the King George IV State Diadem. In my humble opinion one of the most impressive and regal diadems. Also the Girls of GB&NI Diadem is a masterpiece.

I hope the Queen leaves the sapphire, the aquamarine and the Burmese rubies diadems in their cassettes. These are once beauties changed into monstrosities, I am sorry to say.

Camilla's Greville Diadem is spectacular. The Delhi Durbar was a success with Camilla. I would like to see it once again.

For Queen Máxima my wish is that she wears one of the fantastic stomachers: the massive bow brooch with the dangling teardrop diamonds, the Russian bow brooch with the pink diamonds, the Mellerio ruby stomacher with all the hanging prongs, the Sapphire bow brooch with big sapphire pendant, the Art Deco Stomacher with the brilliant cut diamonds.

And long opera gloves with the re-assembled East Indies diamond bracelet and Queen Juliana's diamond encrusted bracelet/horloge. Plenty to pack out with...
Old 10-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Courtier

I'm sure The Queen will wear a combination of her standard jewels for state visits, nothing special. She didn't make an extra effort for the Spanish visit and I expect the same will be true here. The last time she brought something special out for a state visit was the one in Germany when she wore that astonishing ruby necklace and brooch.

I'd never heard of the Stuart tiara until I read this thread and I understand why Maxima has chosen not to wear it, it just looks like a big mess. Large stones almost never work in tiaras which is why I'm so glad The Queen has never been tempted to use the Cullinans in her tiaras.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

And long opera gloves with the re-assembled East Indies diamond bracelet and Queen Juliana's diamond encrusted bracelet/horloge. Plenty to pack out with...
I am not sure if the bracelet is easily reassembled. And since it has been broken up we have not seen the diamond Garudas, which probably still exist and should be able to be used as a brooches. Perhaps we will see them when there will finally be a state visit from/to Indonesia. Though sensitivities about our colonial past may have made the RF decide to retire them all together. I certainly do not expect to see the old bracelet or Garudas now.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
[...]

I'd never heard of the Stuart tiara until I read this thread and I understand why Maxima has chosen not to wear it, it just looks like a big mess.

[...]

Have you seen the Diadem from the Parure with the House Diamonds, recently worn in thje smallest version ? The top frame with the Stuart diamond and other big gunners were removed, only the base was left. The result is still impressive.

Picture (click on the picture it to blow to see it in XL size)

This necklace is also part of the Parure with the House Diamonds: picture. The rectangular thickstone diamonds and the drop diamonds in the necklace belong to the very oldest in the family collection, Mary II Stuart has touched these with her own hands, so to say.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

There will be a Belgian state visit to Portugal this month. If Mathilde will wear a tiara I predict it will be the wolfers tiara.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
There will be a Belgian state visit to Portugal this month. If Mathilde will wear a tiara I predict it will be the wolfers tiara.

I agree with you, i guess she wears the Wolfers, i would like to see the 9 Provinces bandeau..
Old 10-12-2018, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agree with you, i guess she wears the Wolfers, i would like to see the 9 Provinces bandeau..

Could also be her laurel-wreath tiara.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for the Danish royal dinner this month:

Margrethe: floral tiara
Mary: ruby necklace tiara
Marie: wedding tiara
Benedikte: star tiara
Old 10-19-2018, 03:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for the Dutch state visit to the U.K.:

Maxima: Stuart tiara
Elizabeth: Alexandra's kokoshnik
Kate: Lovers knot tiara
Camilla: Honeycomb tiara
Sophie: wedding tiara
Anne: Festoon tiara
Old 10-19-2018, 05:15 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

In addition to the tiara's I hope./think that Queen Maxima will also wear Princess Amalia's pearls -perhaps on arrival. It is the most important necklace in the collection that can be worn in daytime. The Queen has only worn it once before, during the incoming state visit of the Argentinian president.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
In addition to the tiara's I hope./think that Queen Maxima will also wear Princess Amalia's pearls -perhaps on arrival. It is the most important necklace in the collection that can be worn in daytime. The Queen has only worn it once before, during the incoming state visit of the Argentinian president.
Agreed, it would be great to see the pearls.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:12 PM
Nobility

Any guess which brooch Q.Elizabeth II might wear for arrivial?

I know its unlikely but i really would like to see the Q.Alexandra wedding necklace/earrings on Q.Elizabeth or the Ruby Oriental Tiara/necklace. I still hope one of these things will happen, i mean just a few people expected the Aquamarine Parure during spanish state visit.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Any guess which brooch Q.Elizabeth II might wear for arrivial?

I know its unlikely but i really would like to see the Q.Alexandra wedding necklace/earrings on Q.Elizabeth or the Ruby Oriental Tiara/necklace. I still hope one of these things will happen, i mean just a few people expected the Aquamarine Parure during spanish state visit.
IMO, the rubies will be an unusual choice for HM. The Dutch sash will be orange and blue, so I expect her jewelry to be quite neutral (pearls or diamonds, or the sapphires . Let's see.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
IMO, the rubies will be an unusual choice for HM. The Dutch sash will be orange and blue, so I expect her jewelry to be quite neutral (pearls or diamonds, or the sapphires . Let's see.

Queen Elizabeth II has worn rubies for a Dutch State Visit before: picture.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Queen Elizabeth II has worn rubies for a Dutch State Visit before: picture.
Quite right, but it would be an unusual choice to mix rubies with a blue and orange sash.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The state dinner in Portugal will be black tie. Queen Mathilde may not wear a tiara after all. If she does, it will probably be the Wolfers or the laurel wreath.

Closed Thread