Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least the bride will wear a tiara, she said so in an interview. As for the gala we have to wait and see. But the invitation said 'white tie', so chances for tiaras are good.

The date for the Stortinget gala should be announced soon, I hope. So we'll hopefully see several Norwegian tiaras this month. Let's hope the CP Mette-Marit will attend both events, although I expect only some more outing of her small bandeau. I hope the the Queen will wear the diamond tiara again, it's lovely, and the pearls have been seen a lot lately. Antannae for Princess Astrid, I'd say. :D

lol of course. I forgot about the bride! I hope it is. Or maybe at least a dinner reception with tiaras like a few families have done.

I do hope MM will wear the Amethyst. It doesn't get worn nearly enough. I'd love to see the Queen in either the Emerald or the Diamond tiaras as I feel we've seen the pearl a lot.

lol of course. I forgot about the bride! I hope it is. Or maybe at least a dinner reception with tiaras like a few families have done.

I do hope MM will wear the Amethyst. It doesn't get worn nearly enough. I'd love to see the Queen in either the Emerald or the Diamond tiaras as I feel we've seen the pearl a lot.
It will be morning suits for the wedding at 11 am. White tie for the wedding dinner though. I hope that we will see pics from the evening. But so far they have done a lot of interviews, photo shoots, etc. The couple seems to be very open with the press, so I think the chances for pictures are quite good.

I really hope Elia doesn't wear a ugly goat-head tiara tomorrow. I am not saying that I think the goat-heads are ugly, just that the setup of Queen Geraldine's was not the best.

The sapphire goat tiara is what she wore, and imo she made it look beautiful. It was very well placed, if you ask me.

I'm looking forward to tonight. If the ladies really wear tiaras, some rarely seen pieces will make an appearance. I just can't wait!

I was surprised. The twists doesn't look good off, but I agree, the bride made it look wonderful. I almost didn't recognize it :flowers:

It is not the diadem worn in Monte-Carlo, with the pearls swapped for aquamarines, as I thought: http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/mariavlad11114813.jpg

Both the pearls and aquamarines kokoshnik are impressive. I hope we will get some HQ close ups.

Last edited:
Yes, I have changed my initial post. Impressive diadems befitting a Grand Duchess of Russia. Why would Cartier loan it to someone whom is hardly known? They are a jeweller, no charity.

In that case, why do Boucheron, Ansorena, Van Cleef & Arpels, etc. not loan all their grand jewels on all those Orléans, Braganza, Bourbon, etc. princesses?

Most of the ladies above are totally unknown to me, and I am more interested in royals than the average dude in the street. That the diadem was loaned to Princess Grace was logic, she was more famous than that Prince of tiny Monaco when she married him.

That Cartier Essex diadem more or less proves my point: it was worn by Princess Margareta of Romania, it was worn by Lady Clementine Churchill, it was worn by a couple of other ladies, but it is still, after so many decades, not sold by Cartier. Isn't the core business of a jeweller to sell jewels indeed?

the one that grace wore i posted it for the other two woman Duchess Diane of Württemberg nee orleans and Princess Constance of Bourbon-Parma
the reason that it isn't sold because it's in cartier permanent collection it's always on display u have to keep in mind that this aren't a everyday use pieces if it ever sold it's more likely gonna be for a collection or jewels collector and having a royal provenance would add more to the price

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes Diane von Württemberg, I recognized her too. Constance de Bourbon de Parme is new to me.

If Cartier holds a permanent collection, and other famous jewelry houses too: what stops the royal families to sell all their jewels for hard €€€ and make borrowing arrangements with these jewelry houses?

I very much doubt that any of the tiaras worn by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna are made of real diamonds, aquamarines and pearls. If so, the jeweller did a horrendous job as they look like they are made of crystal at best.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes Diane von Württemberg, I recognized her too. Constance de Bourbon de Parme is new to me.

If Cartier holds a permanent collection, and other famous jewelry houses too: what stops the royal families to sell all their jewels for hard €€€ and make borrowing arrangements with these jewelry houses?

why risking historic and family pieces been dismantled when there is no need for money . the kokoshnik that princess elizabeth of yugoslavia loaned van cleef and arpels replaced the emerald in it with glass .

I very much doubt that any of the tiaras worn by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna are made of real diamonds, aquamarines and pearls. If so, the jeweller did a horrendous job as they look like they are made of crystal at best.

you could be right but if you put in front of me the tiaras that the grand duchess wore and queen letizia Ansorena Fleur-de-Lis Tiara and told me to point at the fake of them i would point on the Ansorena tiara

I need to see a HQ. If real, it is truly an imperial piece. If it is a loan from Cartier, I can not imagine it are plastic beads.

Jewellers borrow tiaras out all the time, I'm sure for the majority of clients they charge so make something from it, but for really high profile royal ladies - e.g. Princess Grace they probably get more from the publicity so don' t charge. Why do jewellers have tiaras in stock - I imagine tiaras aren't exactly the best selling items with few potential buyers so why not loan them out until someone wants to buy one.

I doubt any of the tiaras owned by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna are real jewels unless they are loaned from a jeweller.

Maria Vladimirovna Romanova has also worn jewels with which her mother Leonida Georgiyevna Bagration-Moukhranskaya was seen. So it can not be all fake.

Grand Duchess Maria: Picture from Pinterest
Grand Duchess Leonida: Picture from Pinterest

A beautiul diamond-and-pearls diadem on her wedding day: Picture from Squarespace
A diamond-and-rubies diadem: Picture from ICSmalta
A Russian kokoshnik style diadem worn by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna: picture

And a few more. The diadem with the hanging pearls looks less fake than this one by Queen Letizia. The way the hanging pearls are "catched" by diamond encrusted ivy (?) leafs (picture) seems not indicate it is Made in China.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom