Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got a few minutes to tinker with Queen Sonja's Nine-Prong tiara. I came up with two new tiaras by simply splitting the tiara into two.

The first tiara uses the top portion of the original tiara (the swags and top diamonds) and the diamond band. I then lowered the overall height of the swags (because otherwise it'd just look ridiculous). It's much more modest than the original.

The second tiara uses the lower portion of the Nine-Prong tiara (the sunrays and wave motif). It's amazing how different it can look from the original by just taking off the swags and diamond clusters! I also shank the sunrays down just a little bit so they are more proportionate to the rest of the tiara. I really like this one.

Thank you for fixing! I have to say that the second tiara was what I had in mind for a change--but the first tiara looks fantastic too! LadyK, what a fantastic job you've done!
Does anyone know how large that central diamond is in this tiara??? It's quite big.

And, LadyK--I loved your response about Lilian's necklace--no hope for the hopeless. I totally agree---and you have proved that it is unsalvagable as it is!

Great work, MR! Queen Anna Pavlovna's tiara looks great on Mary's dark hair.

Great work, MR! Queen Anna Pavlovna's tiara looks great on Mary's dark hair.

That's it's name! Thank you Marengo, I couldn't remember.

I really wish this tiara was part of the Danish collection. It would look just wonderful on Mary. The Dutch royal women are so lucky to have the pieces they do.

That's it's name! Thank you Marengo, I couldn't remember.

I really wish this tiara was part of the Danish collection. It would look just wonderful on Mary. The Dutch royal women are so lucky to have the pieces they do.

Well IMO the Danish collection is prettier than the Dutch one, the Dutch just have more, bigger stones but awfull designs usually.

Sadly most of Anna's jewels went to her daughter in Weimar. This is the only piece the Dutch RF has left though the stones of the saphire parure come from Anna too. Anna was a lucky woman btw, her jewels got stolen ones, she received a new collection from her hubby and brother, after that the old ones were found back and she ended up with a double collection.

---------

The fringe looks good on Camilla btw, as does the Lovers Knot, a pity she can't wear that one!

Well IMO the Danish collection is prettier than the Dutch one, the Dutch just have more, bigger stones but awfull designs usually.

I would agree the Danish collection is prettier, however, the Dutch have more to play with.

Mary only has her wedding tiara/necklace and the Desiree parure. The wedding tiara is much more agreeable as a necklace and the parure we see but only once a year.

Last edited:
Maybe more suitable for Princess Lea...uhm Leah Isadora Behn ;)

Last edited:
Maybe more suitable for Princess Lea...uhm Leah Isadora Behn ;)
Well, that's why I think the Tiara would be the perfcet choice for Märtha!
She proved to be the biggest Star Wars Fan when gave her daughter the name "Leah Isadora"... and admitted that she chose this name because of "Princess Lea" in Star Wars. :D

This Tiara has been a present by King Harald for Queen Sonja's 60th birthday. ... but I guess his daughter gave him some advices which Tiara he should chose.
:yoda:

Princess Märtha with her mother's Star-Wars, uhmm Modern Topaz Tiara

http://i29.tinypic.com/34o7yfc.jpg

For some reason, the star wars tiara doesn't bother me on Märtha Louise in this pic.....Maybe that should bother me......

The Lover's Knot just doesn't look right on Camilla. Skipping over the Diana-Camilla thing (because I honestly don't care) I think that the proportions or detailing or something just isn't right. The lover's knot looked beautiful on Diana who would look overshadowed or overdone with the Boucheron tiara or Mrs. Greville's tiara. Camilla looks best with the larger tiaras such as the Boucheron and Mrs. Greville's tiaras. It's just another example of even a stunning tiara can look wrong when it doesn't suit the woman wearing it.

Well, that's why I think the Tiara would be the perfcet choice for Märtha!
She proved to be the biggest Star Wars Fan when gave her daughter the name "Leah Isadora"... and admitted that she chose this name because of "Princess Lea" in Star Wars. :D

This Tiara has been a present by King Harald for Queen Sonja's 60th birthday. ... but I guess his daughter gave him some advices which Tiara he should chose.
:yoda:

Now I was actually hoping to see the tiara on Leah Isodora, considering your photoshop skills :whistling:

Thanks for that one HM, it gave me a good laugh and actually it looks better on her than on her granny... Now we should send this picture to oslo and hope that Q. Sonja agrees that it would be the perfect birthdaygift for her granddaughter.

Princess Astrid of Norway's Butterfly-hairpiece "Tiara" on Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Butterfly Tiara on Sonja
(Scanpix)
Butterfly Tiara on Mette
(Scanpix/Kongehuset)

The unknown Star-Tiara that belonged to Crown Princess Märtha
Mette-Marit- unknown Star Tiara
(Scanpix)

The huge Emerald-Tiara
Mette-Marit with the Emerald Tiara
(Scnapix/Konghuset)

wow, I am not a big fun of MM, but she looks stunning in this pic, and the big tiara looks great, she should wear it while she is still young

Oh Lord, from all these plug uly horror please deliver me. MM doesn't look good in any of them. The gold cough drop tiara looks almost charming on the tiny little child and an absolute abomination on everybody else. Even the magnificent emerald parure does not seem to work for the poor woman. As for that contraption that Harold gave anybody, the thing should be melted down and then sold to highest bidder. Cheers.

I have to disagree Thomas, I think the Emeralds really suit Mette Marit. It's a big piece but I think she can carry it. She's got good bones.

Well, I'm just dizzy with all the activity on this thread in the past day:bounce:
but I believe I will survive!
Where to begin---well, I guess in the order of post--
Madame Royale--beautiful work with the tiara on CP Mary---I think that she is just such a beautiful woman--quiet, yet dignified--that tiara really suited her overall. I wonder how she would look in the Lover's Knot???? (Hint, Hint)

Her Majesty--I love seeing that fringe on Camilla--it suits her. I know we've talked about how larger tiaras seem to suit her well, but I do think she would look wonderful in a fringe and I'm always happy to see one. It's a beautiful piece; I also think she will look lovely in Queen Alexandra's fringe as well.

The Lover's Knot--well, it is a beautiful tiara--after all, Our Beloved Queen Mary had it made. It's impeccible in its workmanship and detail--those bows are amazing. The diamonds are stunning, the pearls luminous--the pieces that make up the whole are amazing--but, while I like it, I'm not a big fan of the piece. I think it is a piece meant for a young girl/princess and I think that it was a wonderful tiara on a young Queen Elizabeth and equally lovely on a young Diana---but on Camilla, I'm not so sure--not because of the whole Diana/Camilla thing (God forbid that starts up here) but because it is, in my opinion, a little young for Camilla. I know that Queen Mary wore it at an advanced age, but it was Queen Mary--with the spikes it works better for an older person, but in its form now---I think that even though it looks good on Camilla, that it wouldn't suit the generation? Am I making sense? I know what I want to say, but I'm not sure its out there well.
As for Princess Martha-Louise--she's a pill! I like her, I think she's got personality, and hey, she choose an interesting name for her child. I think SHE should get that ugly tiara--I really dislike it. It's too Xena/Wonder Woman for my taste.
As for MM, well, I rather like her. She has very petite features but manages to look good in that emerald piece (I don't love the photo--it looks like she's hard to be sexy) but I'd like to see her in a new tiara. She needs more jewels. She's a Crown Princess, after all!

Madame Royale--you have outdone yourself. Mary looks spectacular! I am in awe of your skills!

I could not agree more. I have always been somewhat ambivalent about the Lover's Knot Tiara. I saw many years ago the tiara with the top teardrop pearls in place as spikes-it was magnificent-and wonder if I am the only person who would really like to see the thing in all its pearlite (????) splendor including the pearls that have been removed. I do not suppose that the BRF or the keeper of the Royal Treasurers or whatever EVER throws anything away does he??? If so I wonder if the unused pearls, which being teardrop pearls are lovely indeed, are stuck off in a box in a vault somewhere. Just like the Dehli Durbar, which I have always wanted to see with the emeralds and original center gemstone. That will never happen either, I suppose. Sigh.

The Delhi Durbar in its original, unadulturated form.....SIGH. We won't see that again, I'm sure. I wonder if there is a good color photo of the parue? I've only seen black and white

Dear Thomas what I'd love to see is the Lovers Knot Tiara with all of the pearls removed & replaced with briollette cut diamonds (maybe rare Australian pink diamonds). Either that or some nice drop sapphires or amethysts?

I could not agree more. I have always been somewhat ambivalent about the Lover's Knot Tiara. I saw many years ago the tiara with the top teardrop pearls in place as spikes-it was magnificent-and wonder if I am the only person who would really like to see the thing in all its pearlite (????) splendor including the pearls that have been removed. I do not suppose that the BRF or the keeper of the Royal Treasurers or whatever EVER throws anything away does he??? If so I wonder if the unused pearls, which being teardrop pearls are lovely indeed, are stuck off in a box in a vault somewhere. Just like the Dehli Durbar, which I have always wanted to see with the emeralds and original center gemstone. That will never happen either, I suppose. Sigh.

Dear Thomas what I'd love to see is the Lovers Knot Tiara with all of the pearls removed & replaced with briollette cut diamonds (maybe rare Australian pink diamonds). Either that or some nice drop sapphires or amethysts?

How about just a new tiara of amethysts? The BRF does not seem to appreciate the stone--and I think Camilla needs a tiara with a colored stone--
could someone put the Swedish Amethyst tiara on Camilla???? Or some emeralds- or something; that would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom