Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can someone please photo shop Grand Duchess Maria Theresa's big tiara (the one she wore to Victoria & Daniels wedding) on Catherine Middleton? I would be grateful, I don't know how to do this.

:previous: If that's proportional . . . . Wow!!!!! :flowers:

Very well done, how long have you been photo-shopping if you don't mind me asking? You're work is always very good! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely stunning!!!! Thanks for posting.

I made sure it was accurate, MARG ;)
You are a wizard, it looks so terrific and I am sure it must take some doing to get it right. :flowers:

I have to admit it is my favourite contender for the wedding stakes. :cool:

Excellent job, MR! Juts gives an insight on how an older Kate might look!

boy does she look like Mary of Denmark in the last photo!

Thanks for the picture even though I was mentally screaming NOOOOO!:lol:

.lol. It is only a tiara ;)

I'd rather see her wear a tiara with no such history, aswell.

Maybe, but people will get over it. The Lovers Knot is a stylish and serious work of the jeweller's art and has royal provenance stretching way back prior to Diana.
Apologies to Frodo etc, but the late Princess was the third of the "tiara-bearers".

I love that one..Im a fan of her jewelry, necklaces, bracelets you name it..love them. love them love them..

Maybe, but people will get over it. The Lovers Knot is a stylish and serious work of the jeweller's art and has royal provenance stretching way back prior to Diana.
Apologies to Frodo etc, but the late Princess was the third of the "tiara-bearers".

But still it will always be linked to Diana. Kate is already too far in her shadow, I think with the ring, it would be too much pressure to put on her. There are a lot of beautiful tiaras with history that could be used. I am still hoping for the strathmore rose, it would be a nice honor to William's great grandmother who was given it on her wedding day by her father.

But still it will always be linked to Diana

Much of Gen Y hardly remembers Diana by personal recollection, so we are only talking of the Baby Boomers and Gen X who really recall Diana's connection to the tiara without having to resort to photographs and footage.

The elderly don't bother themselves with such things. They tend to realise lifes to short to worry about a tiara.

At some point Diana will become a figure that stirs no emotion, and the truth of the matter is that no one is going to care who wears what.

Last edited:
The fact is as long as William is so popular, Diana will be remembered. My nine year old niece knows who she is. Her pictures are still every where. And many of the photos of her, have her wearing that tiara.

The fact is Kate is already compared to Diana. Now she is wearing Diana's ring. The press will have a field day if she wears 'Diana's tiara'. It may not be Diana's, but how many people in the world know the history of tiaras. Not everyone is royalty buffs like us. I honestly think it would be better for Kate to be given a different tiara.

Besides it is to big and oppulent. She is or will be the wife of the heir to the heir. Perhaps when she is Princess of Wales, but something more subdued and simple would seem more fitting.

It definitely could be this tiara, I hope not, but I won't be shocked if it is. I'd like the strathmore or another.

Who knows we could be blown out of our seat, and she could have no tiara. There was talk of the a top hat maker making a hat for the wedding. I assume it is likely for the 'leaving outfit' but heck she could want to surprise us. Camilla never wore a tiara, but I truly believe Kate will to her wedding. It won't be likely seen for a few years after, as they will be in Wales for two years.

I know the Strathmore tiara is not in the best condition, but I have a some hope that it could be restored for Catherine to wear. The Teck Crescent tiara would be beautiful also.

The fact is as long as William is so popular, Diana will be remembered.

I disagree. He may be popular, but the generations that grow with William will have no inclination for his deceased mother besides some of Gen Y.

She is and will only ever now remain a figure in history and as time progresses, the Diana we 'knew' will become more and more remote to the social psyche.

Those who are below the age of 15, and the subsequent generations, will now only ever think of Kate's engagement ring as hers. Nothing more than an a family heirloom. The same for any other piece of jewellery which once belonged to Diana that Catherine may use.

Last edited:
The point is the here and now. Even if it is only the baby boomers and Gen X in your mind, we will be around for the next 30-40 years. We will remember the ring, and the tiara for Diana. And the press will constantly be on about it. That is why I said it might be better to wait until Catherine is Princess of Wales before she gets a piece like that. That will likely be another 10-15 years if the queen lives as long as her mother. By then hopefully some of the constant comparisons to Diana will die down.

For now Kate is only going to be a duchess, or a princess wife of the grandson of a monarch. She will be living in Wales for the next two years. She doesn't need such an over bearing tiara. People are still adjusting to the fact she is wearing Diana's ring. Give her a different tiara, and down the line, perhaps then give her that one. The fact is as much as you want to repeat Generation Y will forget, for the next how many decades the Boomers and Generation X are a reality. We're not talking 20 years down the line when Diana's memory fades, we're talking in a month's time.

Look at Grace Kelly, she has been dead much longer than Diana, and still people look at her iconic wedding dress. Generation X wouldn't have even grown up with her, but we know her. As for the growing up with William, he is Generation X you do realize right, he is nearly 30, not a child growing up still.

Comparisons will emerge with or without the use of jewellery once owned or used by Diana, but most people will spend more time thinking about what to have on their sandwich than they will about the simularities between either lady.

And as logic would have it, it will only be the Baby Boomers and Gen X who give it any thought as younger generations (besides some of Gen Y) will have no need nor any real interest to do so. It would have been an entirely different generation and as the natural course of our existance would have it we die, times change and people move on.

Books, footage and jewellery may remain but that's no substitute for the physicality of living throughout that era. "Living" the journey with them in real time.

And sure, we may remember the ring, but it's generally only those of us with an enthusiastic interest who care to dwell on it. The media may try at times to labour the connection but it would seem no one really cares that Catherine's engagement ring was once Diana's apart from those who are comrpromised by prejudice and that you shall find in abundance, on here.

People will acknowledge it to which some will applaud it and others will not, but the wheels of greater society keep rolling along. It's only an issue for those who care to make it one.

I'd like to see her wear the Strathmore Rose myself, but should she wear the Lovers Knot, I'm sure she'll do it justice.

And William was himself born on the cusp of Gen X/Y. Again, some of our generation will naturally have a formed opinion, but a good deal will not. It will merely be something they have read, thought about for a moment or two and then move on to something else. Thus, the process of sentimental detatchment has certainly begun.

I do understand what you're saying, certainly about the BB generation and the fact this is 2011 and not 2030. As for the rest, we just happen to see it from different angles.

The point is, if you are going to include almost 30 year olds into Generation Y, then you have people who have tons of memories of Diana. I am just a year older than William, and while I can't remember the wedding, I can remember a lot about Diana.

Again give it thirty years. She isn't princess of wales yet. Let her have her own tiara, her own identity, apart from her mother in law. If you think no one but royal fanatics will draw a link, I'm sorry but you're wrong. Every magazine, television show, website and newspaper keeps bringing up Diana with this wedding. Every single article has mentioned Diana's ring. Americans who watch anything like et or access hollywood, will have seen the ten minute tribute to Diana with 20 seconds about the wedding, for william and kate's wedding announcement. It is the baby boomers and Generation X in control of the media right now, and will be for decades to come. They will draw comparisons for a long time to come. And as long as they continue to put Diana's picture all over the news, every time a story is about William, she will be alive. The fact is that the media will not allow Diana to RIP, 14 years after her death she still is in magazines and on tv. When William and Kate get pregnant, the pregnancy photos of Diana will come out. When the baby is born, pictures of Will and his mum when he is a baby will be on every magazine.

:previous: It's clear you have your opinion, and I have mine. As for who is wrong and who is right? Well, that's not for you to judge.

Affirming someone is wrong would insist that person has the knowledge and or evidence to prove it. You don't. No one 'here' does.

It's a matter of waiting and seeing.

When William and Kate get pregnant, the pregnancy photos of Diana will come out. When the baby is born, pictures of Will and his mum when he is a baby will be on every magazine.

When William was born, photos of the Queen and Charles as a baby were also released. It's just what happens. It's a reflection upon history and if any comparisons can be dawn, they generally are. That is a universal occurrence and something some people just have to deal with...

Last edited:
...When William was born, photos of the Queen and Charles as a baby were also released. It's just what happens. It's a reflection upon history and if any comparisons can be dawn, they generally are. That is a universal occurrence and something some people just have to deal with...
Yes, exactly, and it's more than just a universal occurrence; with royal events it's about dynasty, continuity and the unbroken royal line of descent. It's what makes royals "royal" and why we take notice of them, and why we continue to view them as "different" and "special".

William is not just a young man getting married, he's a future head of the world's pre-eminent reigning dynasty and part and parcel of that are his illustrious forebears, his mother included. In the leadup to the wedding we'll be getting all sorts of retrospectives, including no doubt wedding dresses, uniforms, forms of service, tiaras, trains, veils, carriages etc beginning with his parent's wedding and reaching back to the time of Queen Victoria. It all serves to emphasise the sense of continuity, stability and "occasion" that a grand royal event can offer while at the same time reinforcing and reaffirming that still very potent but undefinable royal mystique.

A good part of the sense of royal specialness and difference is maintained by reference to the past. So on the big day, whether it be the Strathmore tiara and the late Queen Mother, or the Lovers Knot tiara and the late Diana, (or a boring fringe tiara from the Queen, or something fabulous from the vaults provenance of Queen Mary) it all serves the same purpose. Royal weddings on this scale are few and far between. They should be enjoyed and appreciated for what they are, what they represent and the many levels of symbolism they employ. And for the worriers, I'd suggest they not underestimate the bride's ability to be no-one but herself as she walks down the aisle of Westminster Abbey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom