Meghan Markle: Future Tiaras and Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have clarified my comment better. I agree Prince Harry will be a senior royal with lots of duties to perform once his father becomes King. Until then he is not really a senior royal as such. For instance he was not required to attend the Diplomatic Corp function. And I don't think he has been to any state dinners yet.

That doesn't mean he isn't a senior royal. The Kents and Gloucesters attend these events and they are certainly less senior then Harry is. Harry has been involved in state visits and dinners. Now that he is married, and some of the older royals don't attend such events as much, he and Meghan will likely attend them when possible.

The reality is the queen is 92. The days when his dad is king are not 'some distant future'. If George is allowed to be private/part time as long as his dad, it could be another 22-25 years before he steps up. Harry and Meghan will have a LONG time as senior royals. And even when George steps up, Harry wont disappear into the shadows either. Just like Edward and Sophie still represent the queen on the continent, even with William and Kate now.

Meghan and tiaras/jewelry will be a concern for many decades to come.

Camilla never wore Lover's Knot. That was photoshopped. But that's beside the point, but the tiara belongs to the Crown, not even HMQ personally. Queens have gifted tiaras to members of the family, but those are personally owned by them.

The jewels that for certain belong to the crown and not the Queen personally are jewels that are part of the crown jewels like the orb, scepter, certain baptismal fonts, et. al.

Queen Mary, the Queen's grandmother, amassed a ton of jewels in her lifetime and she gave / bequeathed them to certain family members like the Kents, Gloucesters and Yorks - the current Queen is part of the York line. There are certain jewels that are worn by Elizabeth II that originated with Queen Mary like the Lover's Knot, the Grand Duchess Vladimir and the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiaras. We don't know if these jewels were left to the crown or to Elizabeth II / Lilibet personally. If they were left to Elizabeth personally, she can dispose of them how she sees fit, but as a practical matter, namely taxes and preservation of historical objects, these items are going to be bequeathed to the next monarch. But if the Queen were so inclined, she could leave Sandringham and the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara to Mia Tindall.

Even though my comment is centered around Queen Mary, the same could be said about the jewels amassed by Queen Alexandra and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

I should have clarified my comment better. I agree Prince Harry will be a senior royal with lots of duties to perform once his father becomes King. Until then he is not really a senior royal as such. For instance he was not required to attend the Diplomatic Corp function. And I don't think he has been to any state dinners yet.

Harry has attended one state banquet, that which was for the King and Queen of Spain. But I also do not think he will be attending the Diplomatic Reception at all.

I didn't know Harry attended that state banquet. Sometimes it is hard to keep up. Thank you.

Harry also attended the CHOGM gala dinner, which was a tiara event.

But anyways, we've seen the earrings from the Saudi set on Kate already, right?

Did she? I remember she has something similar rather than the same one.

I like the Sultan Sapphire suite, very unique and modern, I can imagine Meghan wear it.

I still think as the son of future monarch Harry will have a more important role in future (at least during Charles's reign). Even if Harry ends up being a minor royal it doesn't stop him (and Meghan) from using his mother's jewels.

I love Queen's diamond fringe tiara and want to see someone bring it out again (especially hope to see the York sisters use it in their wedding in order to continue the tradition:lol:) but I don't think we will see it from recent generations (Charles's and William's generation), probably Charlotte in future.

Did she? I remember she has something similar rather than the same one.

I like the Sultan Sapphire suite, very unique and modern, I can imagine Meghan wear it.

I still think as the son of future monarch Harry will have a more important role in future (at least during Charles's reign). Even if Harry ends up being a minor royal it doesn't stop him (and Meghan) from using his mother's jewels.

I love Queen's diamond fringe tiara and want to see someone bring it out again (especially hope to see the York sisters use it in their wedding in order to continue the tradition[emoji38]) but I don't think we will see it from recent generations (Charles's and William's generation), probably Charlotte in future.
I agree, as the son and then brother of a monarch, Harry will continue to play an important role. He and Megan will be invited to state banquets and similar events, and will need jewellery for those events.

As regards the Fringe tiara, I would like to see Camilla or Catherine use it, and hope it remains in the "main line".

As regards the Fringe tiara, I would like to see Camilla or Catherine use it

I rather think it would look 'lost' the the Duchess of Cornwall's hair, [the Kokoshnik 'wall' would be better suited] ? The Duchess of Cambridge would look great in it, but she already has 'other options'.
Ms Markle may receive a lifetime loan of it, and it would suit her 'unfussy' aesthetic and small frame, and if she did it will ultimately return to the 'main line' to be re-used once again..

I rather think it would look 'lost' the the Duchess of Cornwall's hair, [the Kokoshnik 'wall' would be better suited] ? The Duchess of Cambridge would look great in it, but she already has 'other options'.
Ms Markle may receive a lifetime loan of it, and it would suit her 'unfussy' aesthetic and small frame, and if she did it will ultimately return to the 'main line' to be re-used once again..
Catherine would look great in it. As regards her other all diamond options, the Lotus is nice, but I do t know if she still has access to it. The Fringe could be a good alternative to the Lovers Knot.

Actually depending how on who has the Lotus at the moment, it may be a good choice for Meghan. It's a versatile tiara of a good size, has a historical link, albeit not too closely with the main line.

If Meghan did buy a tiara from an auction house or a private sale, is the business of where it was purchased private information or can the seller be revealed?

If Meghan did buy a tiara from an auction house or a private sale, is the business of where it was purchased private information or can the seller be revealed?
Depends on the term of the sale. But most likely it'll be private unless the auction house already listed it publicly.

They don't disclose that info.

LaRae

It's pretty and symmetrical. Definitely a starter tiara. However, in my opinion, I'm not sure BRF will be shelling out money for a tiara right now.

EloisevonLippe, It is a beautiful tiara. If Prince Charles bought it for Meghan, than she will have a tiara that is her very own.

Bentley & Skinner are VASTLY overpriced [having extremely expensive premises to pay for, on Piccadilly].

A private or auction purchase would be more discreet, and therefore more likely.

Since Charle's likes to buy jewelry I hope he buys Meghan a couple of pieces as a wedding present.

I'm sure Harry will give her something as well.

Since Charle's likes to buy jewelry I hope he buys Meghan a couple of pieces as a wedding present.

I'm sure Harry will give her something as well.
Megan will get given a full parure comprising a tiara, necklace, earrings, bracelet and posit a brooch or two. It could be a married paturw, or assembled from different sources, a d nay come as presents from various family members : the Queen, C&C, the Cambridges or Harry.

It would be great if Harry and Meghan attend this years diplomatic reception. I wonder what tiara Meghan would wear if she goes.

I don't think they will attend, but IMO I don't believe she will have another tiara loan months after the wedding, so it would be the Queen Mary diamond bandeau.

I believe that she will go the Sophie-route and wear only wear her wedding tiara for the first years of her marriage. But I hope that she'll be loaned a second tiara after some years. I'd love to see the sapphire bandeau worn once again. But then, it is fairly similar to her Surrey brooch bandeau, which probably can be worn with other centre pieces as well.

But she might be loaned some nice bracelets or necklaces soon, so I look forward to that.

I think Meghan will stick to her Wedding tiara for a while. If she needs a tiara when it is on exhibition, i think she will be loaned the Lotus Tiara. It would suit her and i can see Meghan and Kate "sharing it" for some years when they don't wear their signature pieces.

I hope she recived some beautiful necklace's and earrings in wedding present too :)

Last edited:
I think Meghan will stick to her Wedding tiara for a while. If she needs a tiara when it is on exhibition, i think she will be loaned the Lotus Tiara. It would suit her and i can see Meghan and Kate "sharing it" for some years when they don't wear their signature pieces.

I hope she recived some beautiful necklace's and earrings in wedding present too :)

I have wondered that if Meghan and Harry participate in the annual Diplomatic Reception in December, what tiara would she wear since her wedding tiara will be on display.

I have wondered that if Meghan and Harry participate in the annual Diplomatic Reception in December, what tiara would she wear since her wedding tiara will be on display.

In recent years the diplomatic receptions have become a top tier event. As in only the heirs and their wives attend. So I don't think we can expect to see Harry and Meghan there any time soon. Maybe this will change after Charles is King.

In recent years the diplomatic receptions have become a top tier event. As in only the heirs and their wives attend. So I don't think we can expect to see Harry and Meghan there any time soon. Maybe this will change after Charles is King.

I think there is a reasonable chance they will attend, if not this year, then in subsequent years, irrespective of who the monarch is.

If they were to attend, I expect Meghan to continue to use her wedding tiara. I don't expect to see her being given access to more tiaras for a fair few years. I think there was a reasonable amount of thought in the selection of that tiara, as it is a serious enough tiara for somebody who is unlikely to have access to other tiaras, yet is not historically significant, so it could potentially leave the "main line" in time.

:previous:
The tiara is only a loan, so it would never leave the main line regardless of how significant it might be.

But I do agree it will be her only tiara for the first few years, so they loaned her a nice sized, all diamond one that she can wear with everything.
Our only hope for a different tiara would be an event while the wedding tiara is at the exhibition. Perhaps a state visit in 2019.

Now that Meghan and Harry are no longer senior royals, there is a chance Meghan will participate in very little tiara events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom