Engagement in the House of Orléans-Braganza
As per an announcement in The Times today, an engagement has taken place in the House of Orléans-Braganza, the former ruling house of Imperial Brazil.
Princess Amélia, the elder daughter of Prince Antonio of Orléans-Braganza and Princess Christine de Ligne, is engaged to Mr James Spearman.
Mr Spearman is the son of Lochlain Spearman and Pilin Garrigues, and was born in Scotland. Princess Amélia was born in Brussels, and is a descendant of Emperor Pedro II of Brazil; Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil; Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg and King João V of Portugal.
Both the future bride and groom are 29 years old. No wedding date has released.Filed under Brazilian Royals
Tagged Engagement, James Spearman, Princess Amélia.
- 95th birthday of Princess Dona Maria d’Orleans-Bragança
- The Duchess of Braganza Presents the Order of St Isabel to European Royals
- Prince Pedro Luíz on Doomed Air France Flight
- A Boy for Brazilian Princess
- Double Engagement in the House of Habsburg