Visit to the US: September 18-30, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to see Rania but a pity that Rania doesn't attend more events but only one event as Shalu mentioned. It would be nice to have a surprise visit or listen to speakers on different days.

who knows, maybe she did or will. In the past she has attended like when she listened to her husband speak at the General Assembly but there was no mention of it in the press or any photos (even on Petra).

pix
rania - News, photos, topics, and quotes

musician Crystal Bowersox, left, Queen Rania of Jordan, center left, singer and actress Victoria Justice, center right, join MTV Chief Executive Officer Judy McGrath at the launch of the the UN Foundation's "Girl Up" in New York, Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2010.
Photo from AP Photo

Too bad there's only picture of the event so far.
Girl Up is a campaign of the UN Foundation (of which QR is a board member). Websites:
United Nations Foundation » Girl Up
Homepage | GirlUp | United Nations Foundation | Uniting Girls to Change the World

OK so I'm eating some crow this morning...but still don't think she asks/applies for these awards, who the hell keeps giving them to her?http://bit.ly/9BxRdt

I've been following her public career since her husband became king in 1999, and I noticed that about four or five years ago she just started to receive these awards on a regular basis, usually during annual fall and spring trips to New York City. I didn't think anything of it at first because giving awards to elite for being elites isn't unusual at the international level. But then I noticed it became a pattern. Based on what I've seen of other (far more worthy and) notable individuals, this kind of award schedule is extremely unusual. I have also followed Prince Charles's career for many years and consider him to have done actual, meaningful work for his favourite causes, but he rarely receives an award for what he does. It makes me deeply suspicious. Just my opinion.

1. September 21 - Innovative Finance Meeting

Petra pictures from the event: Image gallery
And a couple of articles:
High-Level Event on innovative financing, September 21, 2010, New York - Leading Group on Innovative Financing for Development

This side event was hosted by high-level speakers from the Leading Group on Innovative Financing for Development, an international partnership of 60 member countries, international organizations and representatives of the civil society.

Rania Al Abdullah, Queen of Jordan, introduced the report of the Writing Committee to the Leading Group’s Task Force on Innovative Financing for Education “2+3=8: Innovating in Financing Education.” She said committing innovative financing to achieving MDGs 2 and 3 on education and gender equality can lead to the attainment of all eight MDGs. Stressing that an unrecognized crisis in education is unfolding, she urged innovative financing for this sector. MDG SUMMIT HIGHLIGHTS, Wednesday, 22 September 2010, UN Headquarters, New York, United States of America

2. September 21 - CUMERC annual meeting

Also on Tuesday, Rania attended the annual advisory board meeting of the Amman Columbia University Middle East Research Centre (CUMERC), at Columbia University’s main campus in New York. Petra picture

The Center is first of its kind and is headquartered in Amman: Columbia Global Centers | Amman

3. September 22 - Diplomatic meetings

AMMAN (JT) - His Majesty King Abdullah on Wednesday held a series of meetings with top world leaders and officials with whom he discussed latest regional developments as well as means to strengthen bilateral cooperation.
On the sidelines of the 65th session of the United Nations General Assembly meetings, the King discussed with President of the Dominican Republic Leonel Fernandez means to boost economic cooperation between the two countries as well as efforts to achieve comprehensive peace in the Middle East, a Royal Court statement said. King meets world leaders, top officials in New York | Jordan Times
Petra pictures: Image gallery

I've been following her public career since her husband became king in 1999, and I noticed that about four or five years ago she just started to receive these awards on a regular basis, usually during annual fall and spring trips to New York City. I didn't think anything of it at first because giving awards to elite for being elites isn't unusual at the international level. But then I noticed it became a pattern. Based on what I've seen of other (far more worthy and) notable individuals, this kind of award schedule is extremely unusual. I have also followed Prince Charles's career for many years and consider him to have done actual, meaningful work for his favourite causes, but he rarely receives an award for what he does. It makes me deeply suspicious. Just my opinion.

I wonder if the organizations give these awards because giving an award to such a persona garners more attention for the organization. It definitely generates more press for them, and being that she is "photo-friendly" (i'd take a picture of her over prince charles any day, shallow, but true), she's more marketable to the press. I also think Rania has a better relationship with the US than Prince Charles and the like, she certainly has more friends in higher places over here than most. Plus, though the awards are excessive, they're not erroneous, she gets awards that pertain to issues she's worked on or addressed...when she gets an award for rejuvenating the hip hop culture in Tijuana then I'll be more suspicious.

If there were some shady deals going on, such as "I won't attend your event unless you give me an award" or "I'll pay you for an award", or something, I would imagine those types of negotiations wouldn't stay secret for long. When singers can't even keep their ridiculous tour demands secret, how could a queen keep her award demands behind closed doors?

Queen Rania of Jordan arrive to speak at the annual Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) September 22, 2010 in New York .
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

I am little confued!!!?
there is two categories of Photos of QRania attending the CGI in two different outfits and in the same day?

They were on 2 separate days that she attended, September 21 & 22 :)

Is thera a video from yesterday at CGI?

Via Twitter:
QueenRania
Am honored to introduce Klaus Schwab (of World Economic Forum fame) for the 2010 Global Citizen Award! Round of applause!

Back
Top Bottom