Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With today’s announcement of a general election to be held on Thursday 4 July, we can probably expect a State Opening of Parliament to be held a couple of weeks later…

I guess Queen Camilla will most likely wear the George IV State Diadem like the last time… If there is a change i guess it will be the Regal Circlet of her crown.

My guesses for Princess Martha Louise’s wedding in August:

Martha Louise: King Olav Gift tiara
Sonja: Josephine’s Emerald Parure tiara
Mette Marit: Diamond Daisy tiara
Ingrid: Pearl Circle Tiara
Astrid: Vasa tiara
Maud: Amethyst tiara
Leah: Vifte tiara

I will re-post my guesses if foreign royals are confirmed.
Is it confirmed that Märtha-Louise's wedding will be a tiara event?

With today’s announcement of a general election to be held on Thursday 4 July, we can probably expect a State Opening of Parliament to be held a couple of weeks later…

I guess Queen Camilla will most likely wear the George IV State Diadem like the last time… If there is a change i guess it will be the Regal Circlet of her crown.
Apparently the schedule is reworked. Wonder what that means for the planned SV from Japan.

Apparently the schedule is reworked. Wonder what that means for the planned SV from Japan.
Probably another delay… A shame really but given how political state visits are nowdays, and the obvious chance of a new political majority in UK it might be risky to negotiate new trade deals and sign political cooperations with the outgoing government…

Probably another delay… A shame really but given how political state visits are nowdays, and the obvious chance of a new political majority in UK it might be risky to negotiate new trade deals and sign political cooperations with the outgoing government…
Its not about trade deals, we recently put one in place with Japan. Its about the broader inter-government interaction, which is a bit pointless the week before an election. Unfortunate, but unavoidable.

I suspect Camilla will make the George IV diadem her signature headgear for the SoP. Query if we will see much variations in the necklaces worn, and if she might introduce coloured stone necklaces?

I suspect Camilla will make the George IV diadem her signature headgear for the SoP. Query if we will see much variations in the necklaces worn, and if she might introduce coloured stone necklaces?
It likely depends on if she will make her coronation dress her standard go to dress for the State Openings too…. If she does, then we likely won’t see much change as there is not many other necklace’s than the diamond collet’s that works with it…..

QEII’s South African Necklace maybe

It likely depends on if she will make her coronation dress her standard go to dress for the State Openings too…. If she does, then we likely won’t see much change as there is not many other necklace’s than the diamond collet’s that works with it…..

QEII’s South African Necklace maybe
It must be a heavy and cumbersome dress to wear, so I don't think the Coronation dress will be the go to dress. I think she has worn it once to Parliament, and it will now end up at a museum after this.

My guess is we will see a variety of white / creme / gold gowns over the coming years. This year, I suspect we will see the white gown she wore to the Diplomatic Reception last year (with the Greville stomacher). If that is the case, I suspect it will end up being a colet necklace again.

I am hoping, though, that we see the Queen in the Queen Victoria Jubilee pearl and diamond necklace.

Here are my guesses for the SV from Japan to the U.K. in June:

Camilla: Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik tiara
Masako: Imperial Chrysanthemum tiara
Kate (if she attends): Lovers Knot tiara
Anne: Festoon tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Birgitte: Cartier Indian tiara
For the Guildhall banquet, I predict Sophie will wear the Aquamarine Necklace tiara.

For the Guildhall banquet, I predict Sophie will wear the Aquamarine Necklace tiara.
So now that the Japanese state visit to the UK and its schedule has been confirmed, we will have 2 tiara events for the visiting Empress and the Duchess of Edinburgh.

It will be interesting to see what the Empress chooses to wear. Might the state visit see the debut of the Chrysanthemum tiara at the BP state banquet?

For Queen Camilla, I am hoping to see the GDV with the pearls. If she prefers to go all-diamonds, this might be a good time to get the Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik out. The Kokoshnik would pear well with the City of London Fringe necklace, last worn in Berlin.

For Sophie, I suspect it will be her modified wedding tiara for one evening, and the Aquamarine necklace tiara on the second evening.

As for the Empress i hope that she will wear different tiaras to the 2 Banquets. And the Queen either the kokoshnik or the Vladimir tiara. For Sophie i hope that for one of the 2 Banquets she will wear her Wedding tiara so that we will finally get clearer pics of it since it was redesigned.

As for the Empress i hope that she will wear different tiaras to the 2 Banquets. And the Queen either the kokoshnik or the Vladimir tiara. For Sophie i hope that for one of the 2 Banquets she will wear her Wedding tiara so that we will finally get clearer pics of it since it was redesigned.
Agree on all fronts.

I'm thinking Empress Masako will only attend the banquet at Buckingham Palace. The announcement seemed to indicate that only the Emperor will attend the Guildhall banquet.

The Japanese sash has something red in it, so I am hoping once again for the Ruby Oriental circlet of Prince Albert for Queen Camilla. But I would love the Kokoshnik too or the Vladimir. As far as incoming state visits go it doesn't get much more important than the Japanese emperor.

As for the Duchess of Edinburgh: I am hoping for the aquamarine ribbon tiara. As for the second day I am hoping ideally (and very unlikely) for the King Faisal's necklace on a frame. In the case she can not use these two pieces -they were probably loans and not gifts- I am hoping for her own aquamarine tiara on both days.

The tiara she received for her wedding looked slightly less unfortunate the last time she wore it but it still is a monstrosity :hiding:. There is no need for a member of the BRF to wear such an ugly bric-a-brac tiara as we have seen on the former Pss of Tarnovo, now Jordan. Perhaps it is best taken apart and used as hair ornaments. Or returned to the Queen who may try it on the circlet, where they were made for.

If the Duchess of Gloucester attends I would like to see the Teck turqoises or the Cartier Indian tiara - as we haven't seen them for some time IIRC. But she has a lovely collection and any of the other choices would be nice to see too. Due to its versatility whatever form she wears of the Palmette is always a nice surprise.

If the Princess Royal attends: the double-row meander Bandeau Tiara, so we may have a better look at it.

As for the Dutch diplomatic dinner:

The Wurttemberg tiara is the only one I do not like on the Queen that much. I would like to see it once more and hope it will look better. If Amalia attends: something small and something she used before. No need to go through the entire collection before she is 25. So that means I am going for the small sapphire tiara.

Last edited:

The Wurttemberg tiara is the only one I do not like on the Queen that much. I would like to see it once more and hope it will look better. If Amalia attends: something small and something she used before. No need to go through the entire collection before she is 25. So that means I am going for the small sapphire tiara.
My options would be: Aquamarine Parure, Antique Pearl, Laurel Wreath or Ears of Wheat!

The Japanese sash has something red in it, so I am hoping once again for the Ruby Oriental circlet of Prince Albert for Queen Camilla. But I would love the Kokoshnik too or the Vladimir. As far as incoming state visits go it doesn't get much more important than the Japanese emperor.

As for the Duchess of Edinburgh: I am hoping for the aquamarine ribbon tiara. As for the second day I am hoping ideally (and very unlikely) for the King Faisal's necklace on a frame. In the case she can not use these two pieces -they were probably loans and not gifts- I am hoping for her own aquamarine tiara on both days.

The tiara she received for her wedding looked slightly less unfortunate the last time she wore it but it still is a monstrosity :hiding:. There is no need for a member of the BRF to wear such an ugly bric-a-brac tiara as we have seen on the former Pss of Tarnovo, now Jordan. Perhaps it is best taken apart and used as hair ornaments. Or returned to the Queen who may try it on the circlet, where they were made for.

If the Duchess of Gloucester attends I would like to see the Teck turqoises or the Cartier Indian tiara - as we haven't seen them for some time IIRC. But she has a lovely collection and any of the other choices would be nice to see too. Due to its versatility whatever form she wears of the Palmette is always a nice surprise.

If the Princess Royal attends: the double-row meander Bandeau Tiara, so we may have a better look at it.

The Japanese sash is gold, with a red border. However, Queen Camilla is unlikely to receive the order as the BRF do not give the Garter to the spouses of monarchs. This may well change now in the reign of KC3, but this was the established practice under QE2. So if that logic is followed, Queen Camilla will be wearing the Garter sash.

I think it just depends on how generous the Japanese delegation feels about giving out orders. The late Queen Mother and the late Princess Margaret received Japanese orders. Also, King Charles III and Princess Anne have them as well. The late Prince Philip had his, too. It just depends.

The press statement states that the Emperor will attend the Guildhall Banquet with the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh… There is no mention of the Empress….

They are likely arranging a lighter programme for Masako, aware of her history with mental issues, so she won’t feel it is a too heavy burden for her…

As for the State Banquet i guess we will mostly see all diamonds or diamonds and pearls…

For Queen Camilla i guess it will be either a debute of Queen Alexandra’s Kokoshnik Tiara with the Japanese Pearl Choker - or the Greville Tiara with the Greville Festoon Necklace.

For Empress Masako i guess it will be business as usual with the Meiji Scroll Tiara, the 2 diamond collet’s and other diamond jewels… But i would love to see her debute Princess Chichibu’s Honeysuckle Tiara and mirroring necklace….
I don’t think the Chrysantemum Tiara will be debuted outside of Japan.

For Sophie i guess it will be the re-designed Wedding Diamond Tiara at Buckingham Palace and the Wessex Aquamarine Tiara at the Guildhall….

For Anne i guess it will be the married Festoon Parure.

For Birgitte i guess it will be the Iveagh Tiara with diamond jewels (and a public debute of her Order of the Garter insignia)

For Princess Michael of Kent i guess it will be the Kent Festoon Tiara with pearls and diamonds…

Tomorrow the future Duchess of Westminster should wear the Bagration Spinel Tiara, as did her future mother-in-law

Is the Pearl Sunburst Tiara reserved only for Crown Princesses or Empress Masako can wear?

Is the Pearl Sunburst Tiara reserved only for Crown Princesses or Empress Masako can wear?
It has as far as what is publicly known, only been worn by Michiko and Masako while being Crown Princess’s so i would guess that tiara is in Kiko’s possession now

The press statement states that the Emperor will attend the Guildhall Banquet with the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh… There is no mention of the Empress….

They are likely arranging a lighter programme for Masako, aware of her history with mental issues, so she won’t feel it is a too heavy burden for her…

As for the State Banquet i guess we will mostly see all diamonds or diamonds and pearls…

For Queen Camilla i guess it will be either a debute of Queen Alexandra’s Kokoshnik Tiara with the Japanese Pearl Choker - or the Greville Tiara with the Greville Festoon Necklace.

For Empress Masako i guess it will be business as usual with the Meiji Scroll Tiara, the 2 diamond collet’s and other diamond jewels… But i would love to see her debute Princess Chichibu’s Honeysuckle Tiara and mirroring necklace….
I don’t think the Chrysantemum Tiara will be debuted outside of Japan.

For Sophie i guess it will be the re-designed Wedding Diamond Tiara at Buckingham Palace and the Wessex Aquamarine Tiara at the Guildhall….

For Anne i guess it will be the married Festoon Parure.

For Birgitte i guess it will be the Iveagh Tiara with diamond jewels (and a public debute of her Order of the Garter insignia)

For Princess Michael of Kent i guess it will be the Kent Festoon Tiara with pearls and diamonds…
Will Princess Michael attend. She didn't attend the South African State Banquet nor the South Korean one. The Michaels of Kent retired from public life a few days after Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee celebrations although they did attend events around her funeral and Charles III's coronation.

This is all part of Charles' 'smaller royal family' - meaning fewer royals to attend events like this. 8 royals, plus Tim, attended the South Korean State Banquet (Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Sophie, Anne and the Gloucesters) while 9 attended the South African (Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie, The Gloucesters and the Duke of Kent). If he sticks to 9 it would be Charles, Camilla, William, Edward, Sophie, Anne, Tim and the Gloucesters.

Last edited:
Will Princess Michael attend. She didn't attend the South African State Banquet nor the South Korean one. The Michaels of Kent retired from public life a few days after Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee celebrations although they did attend events around her funeral and Charles III's coronation.

This is all part of Charles' 'smaller royal family' - meaning fewer royals to attend events like this. 8 royals, plus Tim, attended the South Korean State Banquet (Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Sophie, Anne and the Gloucesters) while 9 attended the South African (Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie, The Gloucesters and the Duke of Kent). If he sticks to 9 it would be Charles, Camilla, William, Edward, Sophie, Anne, Tim and the Gloucesters.
That’s right that they have yet to attend a state banquet in the new reign and maybe has choosed to stop doing that… Though they are difficult to predict as they have never been working royals but sometimes popped up anyway

That’s right that they have yet to attend a state banquet in the new reign and maybe has choosed to stop doing that… Though they are difficult to predict as they have never been working royals but sometimes popped up anyway
I don't think we will see Prince & Princess Michael of Kent at the state banquet. They were used as royal ballast by QE2, but I can't see Charles use them as such. They are not working royals, a long way away from the throne and they are both unsteady on their feet now due to age. If necessary, in time, Beatrice & Eugenie may start to appear.

So Sophie will attend the Guildhall banquet! Stick to my wish that she will use her wedding tiara and a new-to-her tiara (preferably sapphire bandeau) for the two banquet. Hope we'll see Masako and DoG as well (and two different tiaras for them!).

I don't think we will see Prince & Princess Michael of Kent at the state banquet. They were used as royal ballast by QE2, but I can't see Charles use them as such. They are not working royals, a long way away from the throne and they are both unsteady on their feet now due to age. If necessary, in time, Beatrice & Eugenie may start to appear.
The state banquets are a different thing…Royals ARE needed there like at the Garden Parties as there are so many people to host, and spaces will always be reserved for members of the royal family and courtiers that won’t go to anyone else….

Rank-Wise there cannot be a much grander state visit than when the worlds only remaining imperial majesty comes to visit… If that’s not a reason to bring out all able bodied royals - then there will never be a reason for that again

So Sophie will attend the Guildhall banquet! Stick to my wish that she will use her wedding tiara and a new-to-her tiara (preferably sapphire bandeau) for the two banquet. Hope we'll see Masako and DoG as well (and two different tiaras for them!).
There are never more than 2 british royals at Guildhall Banquets… Usually it has been either the Gloucester’s or any of the 3 Kent-couples

This will be the first time for the Edinburgh’s i think…. Wich surprises me a bit as The Duke of Gloucester is patron of the Japan Society so it’s a bit surprising that he is not more involved in the state visit

Back
Top Bottom