Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Camilla should wear the Diamond Diadem instead of the Greville Honeycomb. There's an incognito if Kate or another royal women attend

Camilla should wear the Diamond Diadem instead of the Greville Honeycomb. There's an incognito if Kate or another royal women attend

Queen Camilla is, indeed, wearing the George IV diadem.

Has there really been much modernizing? The only concession so far in the King's reign was the Queen Consort not wearing a tiara at Versailles and the "casual" coronation(for the guests, the King and Queen Consort were still full adorned).

The lack of a tiara at Versailles (and Nairobi) was in line the dress code of the hosts.

My guesses for the SV from South Korea to the U.K:

Queen Camilla: Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik tiara
Princess of Wales: Lovers Knot tiara
Princess Royal: Festoon tiara
Duchess of Edinburgh: Wedding tiara
Duchess of Gloucester: Cartier Indian tiara

Last edited:
I'm guessing either of the Ruby-set tiaras for HMQC. Matching necklace and earrings, and a blue dress. Korean flag colors.

I'm guessing either of the Ruby-set tiaras for HMQC. Matching necklace and earrings, and a blue dress. Korean flag colors.

I would love to see Queen Camilla in the rubies, but I think it will be the Girls of Great Britain tiara, now that she has worn it once.

If Queen Camilla will recive the Grand Gwanghwa Medal of the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit, like Queen Silvia did during the South Korean State Visit to Sweden 4 years ago - she will be wearing a pink sash…

Then i can imagine either her sapphire jewels or all diamonds being used (Queen Silvia used the Leuchtenberg sapphires and Crown Princess Victoria wore all diamonds)

In a bit more then a month there will be Nobel.
So my guesses:

Queen Silvia: either the nine pronge or the Leuchtenberg sapphire Parus. my wish is still the Cameo Parure again for this event but as it is at the moment displayed at an exhibtion at the Royal Palace very unlikely
Crown Princess Victoria: Connaught tiara or the big Cut stell tiara. but pleaser not again the laurel-wreath tiara
Princess Sofia: anything but not again her own tiara
Princess Christina: six-button tiara

for the korean State visit to the UK
Queen Camilla. would like to see her in rubies either the oriental circelt or the burmese ruby tiara:
Princess Catherine: lotus flower tiaras but my wish is the diamond and sapphire bandeau
Duchess of Edinburgh: her Wedding tiara (we need good pics from the new Version)
Princess Royal: the double meander tiaras she has worn once
Duchess of Glioucester: honeysuckle tiara
and it was announced that they will be at the Guildhall Dinner for it her turquoise Parure

My guesses to the South Korean State Visit to the UK:
Queen Camilla: Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik, Oriental Circlet, Burmese Rubies or Vladimir Tiara
Princess Catherine: Lotus Flower, Cartier Halo or Princess Margaret's Sapphire Tiara
Duchess of Edinburgh: her Wedding tiara or one of her aquamarine tiaras
Princess Royal: Diamond Festoon or Double Meander
Duchess of Gloucester: Honeysuckle or Turquoise Parure

Banquet at Guildhall:
Birgitte should wear either the Honeysuckle or the Iveagh or the Turquoise Parure

My guesses to the Nobel Prize (12/10)
Queen Silvia: Leuchtenberg Sapphires, Nine Prong or Napoleonic Amethysts
Crown Princess Victoria: Napoleonic Amethysts, Baden Fringe or Six Button
Princess Sofia: her Palmette Tiara (again!) with an brand-new gem
Princess Christina: Princess Sibylla's tiara or Six Button

My guesses to the King's Dinner in honour of Nobel Laureates (12/11)
Queen Silvia: Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria: Laurel Wreath
Princess Sofia: her Palmette Tiara (again!)
Princess Christina: Connaught Tiara (aka Princess Sibylla's tiara)

for the korean State visit to the UK
Queen Camilla. would like to see her in rubies either the oriental circelt or the burmese ruby tiara:
Princess Catherine: lotus flower tiaras but my wish is the diamond and sapphire bandeau
Duchess of Edinburgh: her Wedding tiara (we need good pics from the new Version)
Princess Royal: the double meander tiaras she has worn once
Duchess of Glioucester: honeysuckle tiara
and it was announced that they will be at the Guildhall Dinner for it her turquoise Parure

Would be great to see Catherine in the sapphire bandeau sometime.

Would be great to see Catherine in the sapphire bandeau sometime.

I'm hoping that Princess of Wales will debut a different tiara for the State Visit!

I'm hoping that Princess of Wales will debut a different tiara for the State Visit!

If there is to be only one new tiara for Catherine for a few years, much as I like the sapphire bandeau, I would prefer for her use the Queen Mary Fringe.

There will be a SV from South Korea to The Netherlands in December. I predict Queen Maxima will wear the Mellerio Ruby tiara.

There will be a SV from South Korea to The Netherlands in December. I predict Queen Maxima will wear the Württemberg Ornate Pearl or Antique Pearl

For the upcoming south korean state visit to london i guess what Camilla, and possibly also Catherine will wear depends on if they recive an order from the president.

During the south korean state visit to Sweden 4 years ago, both Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria recived the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit.
If Queen Camilla and The Princess of Wales will recive that too, they will be wearing a pink sash.

If so i can see Queen Camilla wearing the Belgian/George VI Sapphire Parure… Or perhaps debut the Dubai Looped Sapphires…

I would love to see Queen Mary’s/Princess Margaret’s Sapphire bandeau re-appear on Catherine… If it doesn’t, i would love to see her wear her coronation dress with the Lotus Tiara, The Greville Sapphire Fringe Earrings, King George VI Festoon Necklace, and Empress Marie Feodorovna’s Sapphire and Pearl Brooch.

For the others i guess -
The Duchess of Edinburgh : Wedding Tiara and diamonds from Queen Elizabeth.
The Princess Royal : Diamond Festoon Parure.
The Duchess of Gloucester: Gloucester Honeysuckle Tiara with emeralds or pink topazes to the State Banquet / Teck Turquoise Parure to the Guildhall Banquet
Princess Michael of Kent (if she attends) : Kent Festoon Tiara.

Princess Alexandra seems to have retired now. And with her mobility issues we saw at the coronation, i don’t think she will attend any more banquets :( But i will be more than happy if i’m proven wrong !

Last edited:
For the Nobel Festivities

Queen Silvia has not yet worn the Leuchtenberg Sapphires this year so i think they are a safe bet for December 10.
For December 11 it can really be anything. But it’s nobel week so i guess it will be the Nine Prong Tiara.

For Crown Princess Victoria i guess it will be the Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara on December 10. I would have loved to see her pair it with the Cameo jewels again like some years ago, but as the Cameo Parure is on exhibition, i find that unlikely.
For December 11 i guess it will be the Laurel Wreath Tiara.

For Princess Sofia…. I really wish to predict something else than the Wedding Tiara with different stones all the time - but i don’t think we are in for any major surprise sadly…
If she does wear different stones again, i hope it will be rubies this time…

Princess Christina (if she attends) i guess the 6-Button Tiara on December 10 and Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara on December 11.

There has been no official word so far wether Madeleine is expected so i don’t predict anything for her.

Last edited:
For the South Korea state visit my biggest hope is to see the PoW in something new, whether a tiara, necklace, earrings, etc. I actually think Queen Camilla will repeat the GGBI.

. I actually think Queen Camilla will repeat the GGBI.

I agree, I think the GGB&I will become her signature diamond tiara now, and will appear at least one more time this year: either at the South Korean banquet or the Diplomatic Reception in early December.

My guesses for the Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire Parure tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Connaught tiara
Princess Sofia: Wedding tiara
Princess Christina: Six Button tiara

My mixed guesses and wishes for the 2023 Nobel Prize Festivities.

10 December:
Queen Silvia - Queen Sofia's Tiara, preferably with pieces from the Pink Topaz Demi-Parure (and the Pink gown from the Dutch state visit).
Crown Princess Victoria - Large Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with Emeralds
Princess Christina - The Karl Johan Tiara

11 December
Queen Silvia - The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure Tiara (with the light blue gown from Daisy's Jubilee).
Crown Princess Victoria - Baden Fringe Tiara (with the purple gown from the Dutch state visit).
Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls
Princess Christina - The Connaught Diamond Tiara

Query if we will see Queen Camilla or the Princess of Wales wear jewellery new to them for the South Korean state banquet tomorrow evening.

My guess is that Queen Camilla will wear the Girls of Great Britain tiara, which I suspect will be her new signature all-diamond tiara, giving the Greville Boucheron some rest.

As regards the Princess, much as I would like to see her debut the Queen Mary Fringe, I suspect she will be in the Lovers Knot. Hope the Queen Alexandra necklace gets another outing, it had looked so good on her when she last used it in 2018.

Will the Duchess of Edinburgh and the Princess Royal participate in the SV? It would be nice to see them with something new as well. The Queen perhaps at least left some of the less prominent pieces to them.

Last edited:
Will the Duchess of Edinburgh and the Princess Royal participate in the SV? It would be nice to see them with something new as well. The Queen perhaps at least left some of the less prominent pieces to them.

Sophie and Anne both typically attend, so I expect they will attend tomorrow as well, unless they are away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Camilla will wear the GGBI as well, with some other coloured necklace and/or brooch. Both rubies and sapphires will look nice with South Korea's pink sash, maybe QEII's sapphires necklace or crown rubies necklace? the Kent amethysts necklace would be a lovely pairing with the pink too! For Kate I hope it will be the Lotus with the diamond frame earrings from QEII and the triple strand festoon diamond necklace, or Halo tiara with the Faisal Necklace and QM's sapphire earrings (or as long as it's not QMLK). I'd love to see Sophie in her modified wedding tiara with the pearl-shape diamond demi-parure again, and Anne with her meander tiara and modern diamond necklace.

For the South-Korean state visit banquet:

Most likely:
- Camilla with GGBI tiara and diamond riviere
- Kate Lovers knot tiara and no necklace. Chandelier earrings from Greville beq.
- Sophie with aquamarine necklace tiara
- Anne with Festoon and matching jewellery

Hope:
- Camilla with oriental circlet and crown ruby parure
- Kate with sapphire bandeau and "forgotten" sapphire jewels after HLMQEII
- Sophie with wedding tiara (with better photos)
- Anne with Double meander tiara (with better photos)

I hope QEII did not leave any main tiaras or suites to people outside the main line.

I think Camilla will wear the GGBI as well, with some other coloured necklace and/or brooch. Both rubies and sapphires will look nice with South Korea's pink sash, maybe QEII's sapphires necklace or crown rubies necklace? the Kent amethysts necklace would be a lovely pairing with the pink too!

If Camilla goes so far as to wear the Crown ruby necklace, I hope she wears the Oriental Circlet as well.

It would be great to see the Kent Amethyst demi-parure worn, it has been such a long time.

For Kate I hope it will be the Lotus with the diamond frame earrings from QEII and the triple strand festoon diamond necklace, or Halo tiara with the Faisal Necklace and QM's sapphire earrings (or as long as it's not QMLK).

If Catherine is to wear a diamond necklace, I am contend for her to stick to the Nizam, or the Festoon.

For the South-Korean state visit banquet:

Most likely:
- Camilla with GGBI tiara and diamond riviere
- Kate Lovers knot tiara and no necklace. Chandelier earrings from Greville beq.
- Sophie with aquamarine necklace tiara
- Anne with Festoon and matching jewellery

Hope:
- Camilla with oriental circlet and crown ruby parure
- Kate with sapphire bandeau and "forgotten" sapphire jewels after HLMQEII
- Sophie with wedding tiara (with better photos)
- Anne with Double meander tiara (with better photos)

I hope QEII did not leave any main tiaras or suites to people outside the main line.

100% agree with this - both parts.
I'd especially love to see that double meander tiara Anne once wore again!

Back
Top Bottom