Separations & Divorces Announcements 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
Welcome to the thread for
Royal and noble Separations and Divorces Announcements
in 2024.

The 2023 version of this thread can be found HERE.
Please feel free to contribute to this thread.

Please follow the forum rules when posting.

More information about the Royal Genealogy threads can be found HERE.

The original posts will be updated with news as soon as the information is made public.​

Last edited:
So sad news about Cristina and Iñaki, but not surprising at all. [.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
Infanta Cristina of Spain and Iñaki Urdangarín have divorced.

They married in 1997 and have four children. Two years ago they announced their separation, following several years of legal issues related to Urdangarin's embezzlement charges.

Source: Infanta Cristina has signed the divorce papers

And only the second ever Spanish Royal divorce since the 1975 Restoration ,that's both of the kings sister now divorced.

Last edited:
And only the second ever Spanish Royal divorce ,that's both of the kings sister now divorced.

The late Duke of Segovia also got divorced as did his older brother the former Prince of Asturias.

and the Duke of Cadiz?
You are right, but I think Don Alfonso wasn't acknowledged as "royal" (although he was a HRH) because he was not an "Infante".
Anyway, divorce is legal in Spain since 1981. Before that, it had been legal during the Second Republic (1932-1936). After the civil war, the new Francoist regime annulled the divorce law "with retroactive effects". This meant that former divorced couples were automatically married again if someone requested it.
The Duke of Segovia was never divorced as long he was a Spanish citizen.

The late Duke of Segovia also got divorced as did his older brother the former Prince of Asturias.

I had forgotten about the divorces of 2 of the sons of Alfonso XIII
HRH Don Alfonso,Prince of Asturias
HRH the Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia

That's very sad for Nikolaos and Tatiana. But it sounds as if the separation will not be acrimonious.

I'm sorry that their marriage is ending, but I hope that their divorce will not be acrimonious. Both of them seem to enjoy living in Greece, so I hope that each will continue to do so.

Back
Top Bottom