Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope QEII did not leave any main tiaras or suites to people outside the main line.

For tax purposes, virtually everything will have been left to the King; monarch-to-monarch bequests are exempt from inheritance taxes while other bequests are not.

For the Guildhall banquet, I predict the Duchess of Gloucester will wear the Honeysuckle tiara.

My predictions for the diplomatic reception in the U.K:

Queen Camilla: Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara
Princess of Wales: Lovers Knot tiara

It has been suggested on X that the Diplomatic Reception is tomorrow evening, 5 December.

I am expecting Queen Camilla to be wearing the Girls of Great Britain tiara, but am happy to be surprised with a different tiara. I suspect the Princess of Wales would wear the Lotus tiara.

Queen Camilla: Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, Delhi Durbar, Queen Mary's Fringe, Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik or Vladimir Tiara
Princess of Wales: Lovers Knot tiara, Princess Margaret's Sapphire Tiara, Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau (aka Meghan's wedding tiara) or Cartier Halo

Queen Camilla: Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, Delhi Durbar, Queen Mary's Fringe, Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik or Vladimir Tiara
Princess of Wales: Lovers Knot tiara, Princess Margaret's Sapphire Tiara, Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau (aka Meghan's wedding tiara) or Cartier Halo

Goodness, Catherine wearing Meghan’s wedding tiara?
Now there’s a thought‼️

I'm not expecting any surprises after getting so many during the South Korean SV unless its the appearance of the Kings RFO. I think the Queen will wear the GGBI and the PoW in the Lover's Knot.

I'm not expecting any surprises after getting so many during the South Korean SV unless its the appearance of the Kings RFO.
I think that is correct. We also had the additional surprise recently of seeing the Queen in the Girls tiara and the South African diamonds at the Guildhall banquet.

Goodness, Catherine wearing Meghan’s wedding tiara?
Now there’s a thought‼️

I don't expect too, but I have the sure that the Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau are in the royal vaults

Do we have a date for the Diplomatic reception?

I do wish they'd invite all the working royals to attend, if nothing else just to see even more tiaras!

I hope Camilla continues the rend of wearing a new tiara - so I'm hoping for either the Kokoshnik, Vladimir or Fringe. I don't really see the Brazilian aquamarines as being very 'of the season' but who knows.

For Catherine I'm hoping for something new as well - I'm still hoping for an appearance from the Sapphire bandeau once worn by Margaret.

Most likely I suspect are rewears - the GGBI for Cams and the Lover's Knot for Catherine.

I don't really see the Brazilian aquamarines as being very 'of the season' but who knows.

Imagine Camilla wearing the Brazilian Aquamarine Parure in March...:whistling:

I hope Camilla continues the rend of wearing a new tiara - so I'm hoping for either the Kokoshnik, Vladimir or Fringe. I don't really see the Brazilian aquamarines as being very 'of the season' but who knows.

I hope we get to see Camilla use the Kokoshnik and the Vladimir in the not too distant future.

I am hoping the Queen Mary Fringe is used by the Princess of Wales. When it comes to all-diamond tiaras, the Queen has the use of the Greville, the GGB&I, and will hopefully bring the Kokoshnik into her regular rotation. The Queen Mary Fringe can be Catherine's substantial all-diamond tiara, IMO.

For Catherine I'm hoping for something new as well - I'm still hoping for an appearance from the Sapphire bandeau once worn by Margaret.

The sapphire bandeau would be lovely on the Princess.

Most likely I suspect are rewears - the GGBI for Cams and the Lover's Knot for Catherine.

I suspect you are right. We have been quite spoilt in recent weeks: the GGB&I, the South African diamonds, the Burmese ruby tiara, the Crown Rubies, the Strathmore Rose. Time to give it a pause, and open the vaults again next year.

I don't expect too, but I have the sure that the Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau are in the royal vaults

I have no doubt the Queen Mary bandeau is in the royal vault, but I do not expect to see it being used for another generation or two. And certainly not on the Princess of Wales.

There's a Belgian State Visit to Germany starting today
My guess is the Wolfers tiara for Queen Mathilde.

I wish the see QA kokoshnik or the Oriental circlet on Camilla but I expect it'd be the Burmese ruby or GGBI again (which I won't complain). For Kate I wish we'd see the halo (as always) or the Strathmore again, but I think she'll be back to QMLK.

For Mathilde I guess it'd be the Brabant wreath.

Nobel events
December 10
Queen Silvia: Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Sofia: Her own tiara (hopefully no new stones in it)
Princess Christina: Connaught Diamond Tiara

December 11
Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Christina: Karl Johan Tiara

I have no doubt the Queen Mary bandeau is in the royal vault, but I do not expect to see it being used for another generation or two. And certainly not on the Princess of Wales.

Muriel, Why will the Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau not be used for another generation or two?

I agree we won’t see it for this generation atleast, which is such a shame. It’s such a beautiful tiara

Muriel, Why will the Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau not be used for another generation or two?

It was Meghan’s wedding tiara and is most closely associated with her. She will not have future tiara occasions and others will want to avoid media commentary on the piece.

Nobel events
December 10
Queen Silvia: Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara, Napoleonic Amethysts or Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara, Six Button, Connaught or Cut Steel
Princess Sofia: Her own tiara (hopefully with new stones in it)
Princess Christina: Connaught Diamond Tiara or Six Button

December 11
Crown Princess Victoria: Boucheron Laurel Wreath
Princess Sofia: Her own tiara (hopefully with new stones in it)
Princess Christina: Karl Johan Tiara or Connaught Diamond

Last edited:
My guesses to the State Visit from South Korea to the Netherlands:

Maxima: Mellerio Ruby Parure or Aquamarine Parure
Laurentien: Dutch Laurel Wreath or Queen Emma Diamond tiara

Nobel events
December 10
Queen Silvia: Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Christina: Connaught Diamond Tiara

December 11
Crown Princess Victoria: Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Christina: Karl Johan Tiara

Ditto. Exactly what I guess.

Nobel events
December 10
December 11

Why the hope for no new stones? I feel like its become tradition every year to see what new stone's she has added on now. Its one of my favourite joys.

I will say, I will be happy for whatever, but I really want to see Princess Sophia in the Aquamarine tiara.

Why the hope for no new stones? I feel like its become tradition every year to see what new stone's she has added on now. Its one of my favourite joys.

I will say, I will be happy for whatever, but I really want to see Princess Sophia in the Aquamarine tiara.

Sorry, I fixed it, hopefully she will wear her tiara with amethysts, rubies or aquamarines

For atleast one of the two Nobel events, I want to see Sofia in a tiara that’s not her wedding tiara. I’m kind of bored seeing her in that one tiara, knowing there are so many in the vaults

Because I'm totally bored of Sofia constantly playing tricks with her tiara by buying new stones in it. She got her tiara as a wedding gift from the King and Queen and she shouldn't have changed it at all.

Last edited:
Because I'm totally bored of Sofia constantly playing tricks with her tiara by buying new stones in it. She got her tiara as a wedding gift from the King and Queen and she shouldn't have changed it at all.

The tiara was given to her with a few sets of stones.... It was designed for the stones to be interchanged.

The tiara was given to her with a few sets of stones.... It was designed for the stones to be interchanged.

Any sources of that? I only know that it's originally an emerald necklace from Silvia, and no clear source of the provenance of all later acquired stones sets.

Honestly I won't be surprised if she gets another new set of stones, but probably not another new set in this year.

Back
Top Bottom