The Princess of Wales's Eveningwear Part 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not my favorite tiara, but otherwise, I love this look. I really like the sleeves/shoulder details--I think they're pretty and add a touch of glamor, though in a regal sense.

Not sure about the look, the gloves don't go well with the sleeves, like her outfit during daytime again too busy. The tiara does look better than I thought though.

I think the Princess looks very regal and the tiara is a lovely surprise. I do agree with previous comments that her makeup is rather heavy and then hairstyle isn’t the best for this tiara.

The sharp Joan Crawford shoulders made me pause, but just for a minute.

I love the gown, the gloves, the jewels and the entire look.?

the gloves don't go with the sleeves, maybe shorter would work. Just glad to see gloves.

I thought at first glance it was her Coronation gown; I had to go back and check – it wasn't – but possibly made by the same people? She looks great in it.

Not sure about the gloves, then again the only gloves I like (and wear) are nice, warm, sensible ones for winter, preferably with a fairisle pattern.

I love the dress but the gloves look too big. She really loves the boxy shoulder look lately.
And her blush looks splotchy.
I would think she has professional cosmetic and hair assistance for these big events?

I do feel that this dress is similar to last years SA banquet look which was a lot nicer I believe. Do we need another white dress with details on a cape?? Can we have some repeats please Kate!

Love how these Royal Ladies wear all in white, Im too messy for white, wouldn't last clean on me for very long !! lol she looks lovely

Stunning ensemble, I just wish the shoulders were a bit on the loose instead of being that sharp. The make-up is also heavy, a soft look would've been better. But she looks gorgeous!

Love how these Royal Ladies wear all in white, Im too messy for white, wouldn't last clean on me for very long !! lol she looks lovely

Last time I wore white, I brushed against the dirty car door and got a mark on my top before I'd even gone anywhere! But Kate looks lovely.

The sharp Joan Crawford shoulders made me pause, but just for a minute.

[ . . . ]

the gloves don't go with the sleeves, maybe shorter would work. Just glad to see gloves.
Yep, the Joan Crawford shoulders did it for me . . . I loathe the little upward bump on the join between the bodice and the sleeve and, as to the sleeves themselves?. They moved really weirdly when she was walking and as previously noted, didn't go with the gloves. All in all, there was too much gold embroidery and it clashed with the colour of her tiara.

Add in the heavy makeup and for me it was a loser.

I'm just happy to see a new (ok, old) tiara!

I hope the Royal ladies scour the vaults for the ones that seldom see the light of day.

I like the color but nothing else; the shoulders are too square and the flaps of material floating....no, just no.

Not a good look for her.I can only admire the colour.

The colour is lovely on the Princess but not a fan of the design of the dress ,I'd like to have seen her hair pulled back too.

Is that an embellished neckline or a necklace? I can't tell.

I think she looks fantastic despite the sharp shoulders...which are becoming a little boring.

Her hair is gorgeous.

If the designer had taken the shoulders down a notch I think this might have been much more appealing. I love the color, and like the design minus the shoulders, but it's little hard to see past those shoulders pads, both literally and figuratively.

The Princess of Wales at the Royal Variety Performance 2023 this evening:

Not a fan of this ensemble... lovely color but shoulders and sleeves are a big miss. Makeup is a bit heavy, too; I think softer colors would suit the Princess so much more - this look ages her.

Is it my impression or has she been wearing many dresses/coats with sharp shoulders lately?

I love the colour and the overall style, but the shoulders push it into Flash Gordon Evil Princess territory...

Is it my impression or has she been wearing many dresses/coats with sharp shoulders lately?

She has been indeed, but they appear to be quite fashionable these days.

Back
Top Bottom