The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Press Invitation
Yinka Shonibare CBE - Wind Sculpture in Bronze I
Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation invites to a preview of Yinka Shonibare CBE's new sculpture Wind Sculpture in Bronze I, at Royal Djurgården, 31 May at 14.00–15.00 in the artist's presence.
Wind Sculpture in Bronze I, which will be the third permanent work in Princess Estelle Sculpture Park, is Shonibare's first public outdoor work in Sweden.
The press screening is carried out at the sculpture which is located between Rosendal Castle and Ståthållarängen. Artist Yinka Shonibare CBE and the foundation's executive director Sara Sandström Nilsson introduce this year's work.
PREKS_Pressinbjudan_220531

Inauguration on 2 June at 13.00
At 13.00 on 2 June HRH Prince Daniel inaugurates Yinka Shonibare CBE's Wind Sculpture in Bronze I. This year's speech givers are UK Ambassador to Sweden Ms Judith Gough, Nigerian Ambassador to Sweden Mr B.B. Hamman, Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation's Executive Director Sara Sandström Nilsson and artist Yinka Shonibara CBE. The host: Dejmis Rustom Bustos. Music composed by Jonas Bohlin is performed by John Erik Eleby's Chamber Choir.
2022-Invigningen - PREKS

Today was the press preview of the new sculpture, Yinka Shonibare CBE's Wind Sculpture in Bronze I.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeO_TccDq7O/

Shonibare’s new commission is more abstract than his previous work in Sweden. “Wind Sculpture in Bronze I” is a towering piece that resembles fabric caught in the wind. The sculpture is folded into an abstract shape and its surface will be covered in the wax pattern that is a result of global trade. It is set to be unveiled in the royal park on June 2nd.
"When the monarchy brings art to the public I will happily take a walk in their park to support the cause."
A Swedish Royal Foundation Presents Work by Yinka Shonibare in Open-Air Sculpture Park - Cultbytes

Sara Sandström Nilsson, executive director of The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation, talked with Yinka Shonibare at the press preview.

Last edited:
And finally, three hours after the inauguration started, the first photos.

Daniel inaugurated the third sculpture at Princess Estelle Sculpture Park - Yinka Shonibare CBE's "Wind Sculpture in Bronze I". Photos by SPA.
Daniel and Yinka Shonibare
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The host of the event Dejmis Rustom Bustos, Nigerian Ambassador to Sweden B.B. Hamman, UK Ambassador to Sweden Judith Gough, artist Yinka Shonibare, Daniel and Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation's Executive Director Sara Sandström Nilsson.
More

Photos by Dana Press/ANP Foto

Tweet from the British Embassy in Sweden with a photo
"Yinka Shonibare's beautiful work - inspired by the wind in the sail - has come home to Djurgården as part of Princess Estelle sculpture park. You might see it in the background?
Prince Daniel inaugurated it in a ceremony where the artist himself and Ambassador Judith Gough also spoke."

Photos at Facebook of The Princess Estelle Culture Foundation by Elvira Glänte.
Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Yesterday afternoon Daniel attended at Moderna Museet at an event, where artist Yinka Shonibare CBE discussed with Lena Essling, Curator at Moderna Museet, and Sara Sandström Nilsson, Executive Director of the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation.

Daniel said at his speech among other things:
The importance of culture cannot be overestimated. This is the reason why, three years ago, we founded The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation. A foundation which we hope will contribute to a vital cultural life by, among other things, creating a sculpture park where we can come together and which we can feel proud of.
Today I am both proud and happy to be able to celebrate, together with you, the installation of the third artwork in the Princess Estelle Sculpture Park at Royal Djurgården – Yinka Shonibare’s fantastic “Wind Sculpture in Bronze I.”
Yinka, thank you for enriching Royal Djurgården with an absolutely outstanding sculpture. And thank you to everyone who has been part of this year’s art project.
H.K.H. Prins Daniels tal vid invigning av Yinka Shonibare CBE_s “Wind Sculpture in Bronze I” _ Kungahuset

Court website about the inauguration:
Daniel inaugurated a new sculpture at Royal Djurgården. The work Wind Sculpture in Bronze I, by the artist Yinka Shonibare CBE, is the third permanent work that the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation presents to the future sculpture park at Rosendal.
After the inauguration, Daniel attended a preview of Yinka Shonibare's film exhibition at Liljevalchs.
On June 1, before the inauguration, Daniel attended a conversation at the Moderna museet between Yinka Shonibare, Moderna museet's curator Lena Essling and Sara Sandström Nilsson from the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation.
Prins Daniel invigde skulptur på Djurgården _ Kungahuset

Daniel at a preview of Yinka Shonibare's film exhibition at Liljevalchs.
Photo by Liljevalchs.

Photos of the new sculpture, Yinka Shonibare CBE's new sculpture Wind Sculpture in Bronze I, at the website of The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation.
By Sofia Johansson
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...ure-in-Bronze-I_g-scaled.jpg?media=1628253347
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...ure-in-Bronze-I_f-scaled.jpg?media=1628253347
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...ure-in-Bronze-I_a-scaled.jpg?media=1628253347
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...ure-in-Bronze-I_e-scaled.jpg?media=1628253347
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...ure-in-Bronze-I_d-scaled.jpg?media=1628253347

Prins Daniel invigde skulptur på Djurgården - GALA magasin

Wind Sculpture in Bronze I - Yinka Shonibare CBE RA

A guided tour is held daily at 1 pm, free of charge. The tour is held in Swedish or English, no pre-registration necessary. All visitors will receive this years PREKS catalogue and selected art magazines. There are also audio guides available 24/7.
Program 2022 EN - PREKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Every year, the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation acquires a sculpture for the permanent sculpture park at the Royal Djurgården. The latest addition is the sculpture 'Wind Sculpture in Bronze I' by the artist Yinka Shonibare CBE.
"We want to make contemporary art available, and presenting sculpture at Djurgården is ideal from an introductory and interesting perspective", says Sara Sandström Nilsson, executive director of the Foundation.
Prinsessan Estelles Skulpturpark – Welma

Someone met Victoria, Estelle and Rio yesterday in front of Alice Aycock's "Hoop-La", one of the sculptures of Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10158892888286545&set=a.402189391544

And this evening the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation published this photo of Victoria, Estelle and Oscar in front of the newest sculpture:
"Happy Midsummer, to all of you. Yesterday, H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria, H.R.H. Princess Estelle, H.R.H. Prince Oscar and the cute dog Rio visited this year's new sculpture by Yinka Shonibare CBE."

Last edited:
Captured Moments - Trailer
Soon the official film will be here.
The Foundation proudly presents Capture Moments - a new dance performance inspired by Yinka Shonibare CBE’s artwork ”Wind Sculpture in Bronze 1”. The dance is created by choreograph Joakim Stephenson and the music is composed by Jonas Bolin. The dance had premiere at the Moderna Museet Stockholm on 1 June 2022 and the film was produced at Drottningholms Slottsteater.
CAPTURED MOMENTS -... - Prinsessan Estelles Kulturstiftelse _ Facebook

This year's sculpture
Standing two metres high Wind Sculpture in Bronze I, in the form of a large three-dimensional textile, has abstracted leaf patterns across the entire surface. This is a reference to Dutch wax batik fabrics – a signature motif of Shonibare’s art.
”The mixed origins of the fabric – factory-made by the Dutch, based on Indonesian batiks sold to Britain’s West African colonies, embraced there and considered in the world’s eyes as authentic African products, make a perfect vehicle to inspire conversations about our multi-layered identities and global interdependence.” - Yinka Shonibare CBE.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgOhfWnDtnN/

The Foundation has published at its press room a HQ photo of Victoria, Estelle, Oscar and Rio visiting the sculpture on 22nd June
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...lle_Victoria_photo-PREKS.jpg?media=1647862025

Last edited:
Daniel and Sara Sandstrom Nilsson, the executive director of The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation, are 19th at Barnebys Magazine's this years' list of Sweden's 51 Most Influential Art Professionals.

19. Sara Sandström Nilsson & Prince Daniel, Director and founder of the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation (New Entry)
Prince Daniel has long shown an interest in the arts and an understanding of the role of culture in modern society. Nowadays, he is celebrated as founder of Princess Estelle's Cultural Foundation. The foundation was established in autumn 2019 on the initiative of the Crown Princess Couple. Its purpose is to promote cultural activities in Sweden. The former gallerist Sara Sandström Nilsson acts as director.

Lena Josefsson, a member of the Board of The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation, is 17th on the list.
17. Lena Josefsson, collector (18)
One of Sweden's most active art collectors and donors is Lena Josefsson. Lena stepped down as chairman of the Friends of Moderna Museet in 2021, but continues to be one of the country's most important patron of the arts. Among other impressive accomplishments, she is a member of the Princess Estelle Foundation. With an exceptionally strong international network, she is one of the Swedish art scene's most important ambassadors.

Johan Ericsson, the Chairman of the Board of The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation, is 45th at the list.
45. Johan Ericsson, Chairman of the Board (45)
Johan Ericsson is chairman of the board and co-owner of the largest contemporary art fair in the Nordic countries, Market Art Fair. Today, this fair is a must-visit fixture on the Nordic art scene. Johan Ericsson himself is among the elite of the art world. He is also on the board of Princess Estelle's Cultural Foundation, and holds an impressive art collection.
Sweden's 51 Most Influential Art Professionals _ Barnebys Magazine

The Nationalmuseum concucts on 1st September in collaboration with the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation:
Symposium: The Artistry of Yinka Shonibare - Global Trade, Art Collections and Museum History
Yinka Shonibare CBE is one of the biggest names in contemporary art. This year he is current in Stockholm with the sculpture Wind Sculpture in Bronze I at the Royal Djurgården, commissioned by the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation. On this occasion, the Nationalmuseum invites you to a symposium with lectures and in-depth studies related to Shonibare's artistry.
Symposium_ Yinka Shonibares konstnärskap – global… _ Nationalmuseum

Nice photos of one of the sculptures of The Princess Estelle Sculpture Park, Alice Aycock's "Hoop-La" and the Folke Bernadotte Bridge

Last edited:
Daniel participated today in a board meeting of Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation at the Royal Palace.

Artist Yinka Shonibare CBE can currently be experienced at various locations in Stockholm. His new sculpture Wind Sculpture in Bronze I is the third sculpture that ended up permanently in the sculpture park at Royal Djurgården under the auspices of Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation. It was formed at the initiative of the Crown Princess Couple in 2019 to "contribute to a general increased interest in contemporary art and strengthen Sweden's cultural position in Europe."
It is an ambitious initiative, to showcase world-class modern sculpture for free and not to avoid controversial, unusual and eye-catching works.
The Cultural Foundation's executive director Sara Sandström Nilsson and the Foundation's artistic council and board, have so far selected some very interesting works, Hoop-La by Alice Aycock, in 2020 and Life Rings by Elmgreen and Dragset, in 2021. Yinka Shonibare's Wind Sculpture in Bronze I will be the third sculpture at Djurgåden where it is located at a beautiful forest clearing surrounded by oaks and other lush greenery, approx. 50 meters east of Rosendal's garden.
Wind Sculpture in Bronze I is a continuation of Shonibare's thoughts on ships, movement, sails and migration and he sees the work as a representation of the wind itself, and how the wind can only materialize through a form that describes its essence. The wind that fills the sails and drives the ships forward, which has driven warships and merchant ships since time immemorial. The same wind is still driving, ships with migrants around the world.
The sculpture looks like a large piece of fluttering purple fabric with shiny patterns and details that rises from the ground, up into the sky. The pattern is similar to the wax batik that Shonibare often uses in their art, patterns that are often interpreted as coming from Africa, even though they are originally inspired by fabrics from Indonesia. It is a sculpture that is beautiful at first glance, but which on further consideration touches on topics such as migration, displacement and ethnicity.
Danstidningen _Yinka Shonibare CBE väver ihop världen

Daniel participated today in a meeting of The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation, held at the Royal Palace.

Press release from The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation

Artist of the Year in The Princess Estelle Sculpture Park 2023: Charlotte Gyllenhammar
The Princess Estelle Sculpture Park at Royal Djurgården continues to expand and in the upcoming summer it will receive its fourth permanent sculpture.
After works of the international artists Alice Aycock, Elmgreen & Dragset and Yinka Shonibare CBE, the Foundation has decided to present a Swedish artistry for the first time. A new sculpture by Charlotte Gyllenhammar will be inaugurated on 1 June 2023.
The selection of artist is made by the Board of The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation, assisted by an Artistic Council consisting of Richard Julin, Artistic Director Accelerator in Stockholm, Lars Nittve, former Director of Tate Modern in London, Moderna Museet in Stockholm and M+ in Hong Kong, and Ann-Sofi Noring, member of the board at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts and former vice Director of Moderna Museet in Stockholm.
Press-release_220929

Charlotte Gyllenhammar, photo by Bruno Ehrs
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...hammar_-Photo-Bruno-Ehrs.jpg?media=1647862025

Daniel participated today in a board meeting of Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation at the Royal Palace.
The members of the board
Prince Daniel
Elin Annwall
Johan Ericsson, Chairman of the Board
Lena Josefsson
Staffan Larsson
Sara Sandström Nilsson, Executive Director of the Foundation

Daniel attended today a meeting of Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation.

The Foundation at its social media
"We would like to extend a big thank you to all our 13 partners for this period and work around Yinka Shonibare CBE's work which is now a permanent part of Princess Estelle's Sculpture Park"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjFIrkuuEno/

The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation at its Instagram
"Princess Estelle's Sculpture Park is establish on the Royal Djurgården, an area that has been royal since 1452. When Karl XIV Johan acquired Rosendal, the place became available to the public and it was also planned to build an art museum on the area - something that ultimately never came to fruition... For more information about the place's history visit preks.se
The image shows LW Brandenburg's map from 1826 of King Karl XIV Johan's property."
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj-eC12DH9z/

Daniel attended on 7th December a board meeting of Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation at the Royal Palace.

The Foundation at its Instagram
"Winter is here! Welcome to the sculpture park!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CmG0R2-sgg1/

The artist Yinka Shonibare has an impressive collection of work on his page. I love his love for color and African classic art mad into modern art works. My favorites are his humor on the Diary of a Victorian Dandy 1998 exhibition where he is standing up.

https://www.instagram.com/shonibarestudio/

I'm impressed, per his wiki info, he is now disabled physically incapable of making works himself, and relies upon a team of assistants, operating himself as a conceptual artist and still able to create amazing works of art.

Charlotte Gyllenhammar was chosen to make the fourth permanent sculpture to The Princess Estelle Sculpture Park.
Charlotte was interviewed in Brillo Vox in November and she said she felt a lot of joy when she was chosen as the first swedish artist to make a sculpture to The Princess Estelle Sculpture Park. She can't tell much but she is quite far along with her work and the inauguration is on 1st June 2023. She was given some places on Royal Djurgården and she chose a place which she likes very much.

The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation at its Instagram
"Together with The Crown Princess Couple we visited Herman Bergman Fine Art Foundry, Scandinavia's largest and oldest bronze foundry.
Bergman's art foundry was founded in 1895 and specializes in casting sculptures and art objects in bronze. During more than hundred years, the foundry has created several famous sculptures together with artists.
Photos: The Crown Princess Couple together with the casters Robert Hayward and Lars-Erik Eriksson.
The casting process.
The Crown Princess Couple with the Herman Bergman Team.
The Crown Princess Couple together with the CEO Leif Schölin and PREKS (The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation) Executive Director Sara Sandström Nilsson.
Photographer: Sara Sandström Nilsson, PREKS"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn4faZQsb4j/

More photos
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn4uWj7sIFp/

Charlotte Gyllenhammar, who makes the fourth permanent sculpture to The Princess Estelle Sculpture Park this summer, is a customer of Herman Bergman Fine Art Foundry. So obviously the new sculpture is made there and that's why Victoria, Daniel and Sara Sandström paid a visit.

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel attended today a board meeting of Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation at the Royal Palace.

The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation expands its board and gets a new representative in the Artistic Council
The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation announces that Lars Strannegård and Janne Sirén will join the foundation's board, and Elisabeth Millqvist succeeds Lars Nittve in the artistic council.
Johan Ericsson, chairman of the board: "It is gratifying to be able to announce that Elisabeth Millqvist is joining the artistic council and that the foundation expands the board with two more competent people, Janne Sirén and Lars Strannegård, whose experience and knowledge will be of great importance to the foundation.”

The organization of the Foundation
Board:
H.R.H. Prince Daniel, Initiator and Board member
Elin Annwall, Board member
Johan Ericsson, Chairman of the Board
Lena Josefsson, Board Member
Staffan Larsson, Governor of the Royal Palaces and Board member
Janne Sirén, Board Member
Lars Strannegård, Board Member

Executive Director: Sara Sandström Nilsson

Artistic Council:
Richard Julin, Artistic Director Accelerator, Stockholm
Ann-Sofi Noring, Member of the board at The Royal Academy of Fine Arts and former vice Director of Moderna Museet, Stockholm
Elisabeth Millqvist, Director of Moderna Museet in Malmö and former Artistic and Executive Director at Wanås Konst, Knislinge, Sweden
Pressmeddelande_230405

Great to see a Finn at the board of the Foundation.

UNTOLD (OSAGD) by Charlotte Gyllenhammar
The Princess Estelle Sculpture Park continues to grow with the site-specific unique work Untold by Charlotte Gyllenhammar, the fourth permanent sculpture in its collection. Untold will be installed by the beech grove next to Rosendal Palace on Royal Djurgården in Stockholm and unveiled by H.R.H. Prince Daniel on 29 May 2023. Minister of Culture Parisa Liljestrand is one of the speakers at the unveiling.
The four-metre-tall bronze sculpture Untold is a reminder of how art can communicate what we want to say when words fail us.
Charlotte Gyllenhammar: ”I feel very honoured to have been invited to create a work for the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation and to be part of the developing sculpture park in this very special setting. The place means a lot to me, I’ve spent so much time at Royal Djurgården, both during my childhood and as an adult. My sculpture Untold will rise from the ground like a physically overpowering creature cast in bronze. Present, distinct but introspective and concentrated, facing an unexpected opportunity.”
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek.../05/Press-release_230505.pdf?media=1647862025

Charlotte Gyllenhammar's bronze sculpture will be the first Swedish work of art to be exhibited in Princess Estelle Sculpture Park on Djurgården. On May 29, "Osagd" (Untold) will be inaugurated by Prince Daniel.
Charlotte Gyllenhammar:
- Two years ago, they called from the foundation and asked if I wanted to make a sculpture, which came as a wonderful surprise. I was offered a couple of places to install the sculpture and finally chose a book grove in a valley along Israel af Ströms way, which feels absolutely ideal. In a kind of green hall, my sculpture rises between three book trunks. It has landed very well there.
Sara Sandström Nilsson, executive director for Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation:
- Charlotte Gyllenhammar is one of our country's most important artists who has a lot of experience working with sculptures in public space, so she was a natural choice. The purpose of the foundation is to establish a world-class cultural park at the Royal Djurgården. We work long-term and what we do today will be like a time document for our future history.
Charlotte Gyllenhammars skulptur installeras på Djurgården - DN.SE

The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation publishes at its website photos of Charlotte Gyllenhammar's sculpture "Osagd/Untold", which Daniel inaugurates tomorrow and Victoria attends too.
Osagd/Untold, at the foundry February 2023. Photos by Charlotte Gyllenhammar.
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...o-Charlotte-Gyllenhammar.jpg?media=1684167698
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.prek...o-Charlotte-Gyllenhammar.jpg?media=1684167698

Osagd/Untold on Royal Djurgården, bronze, 400cm high

Invitation_inauguration_230529

Victoria and Daniel at the inauguration of Charlotte Gyllenhammar's sculpture "Osagd/Untold", the fourth permanent sculpture at the Princess Estelle Sculpture Park.
ANP gallery
Profimedia gallery

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs1FNsisbOT/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs06PcVuL1d/

Daniel said at his inauguration speech among other things
"The name of the sculpture may be Osagd/Untold, but for me it says a lot. The work has a powerful physical presence, it is a human figure, but so enigmatic. Familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.
Perhaps it can remind us of the fundamental ties we have to nature, or the fascination with the supernatural.
The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation is creating a sculpture park in a place that over a long period of time has protected the meeting between people and culture.
Already 200 years ago, King Karl XIV Johan wanted to make this beautiful place, Rosendal, available to the public and enrich the area with art. It was this thought and tradition that the Crown Princess and I wanted to build on when we decided to found the foundation in 2019."
H.K.H. Prins Daniels tal vid invigning av Charlotte Gyllenhammars _Osagd_ _ Kungahuset
Translation

Ny skulptur invigd i Estelles park

Dråpliga händelsen med prins Daniel – mitt famför ögonen på Victoria _*Svensk Dam
Victoria och Daniel på invigning – därför saknades Estelle _*Svensk Dam

Court website
In the presence of the Crown Princess, Minister of Culture Parisa Liljestrand as well as the public and invited guests, Prince Daniel today inaugurated the fourth permanent work of art for the future sculpture park at Royal Djurgården in Stockholm. This year's work, Osagd, is created by the artist Charlotte Gyllenhammar.
Prince Daniel is the initiator and member of the board of the foundation.
Kronprinsessparet vid invigning av skulptur på Djurgården _ Kungahuset

Photos by SPA
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs1Rov1olUt/?hl=fi

The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation at its website
The sculpture is donated by the Schörling family. Installed at Rosendalsängen, intersection between Fredrik Bloms väg and Rosendalsvägen.
(Melker Schörling is a friend of King Carl Gustaf and 3rd richest person in Sweden. His daughter Sofia Schörling Högberg is a friend of Victoria and other daughter Märta Schörling Andréen is a friend of Madeleine.)

Charlotte Gyllenhammar tells about her idea with the sculpture
"When I answered a call from an unknown number two years ago, I was completely unprepared. Suddenly, an idea, a certain light, a vision, came to me – images crowded in my head at the thought of creating new work on Djurgården, this beloved royal park in the centre of Stockholm..."
UNTOLD - PREKS

Video from TV4's News morning: Victoria, Daniel and Charlotte Gyllenhammar are interviewed. We see also that Rio was there too.
Prince Daniel on new royal artwork: "A little excited"
The artist Charlotte Gyllenhammar has created a giant bronze sculpture for Princess Estelle sculpture park at the Royal Zoo. Prince Daniel talks enthusiastically about the work of art located in the leafy park. - Feels a bit shady and secretive, he says.
Victoria says that she looks forward to visit the sculpture with Estelle and Oscar, they haven't been there yet. To hear their reactions and see art from a totally different perspective. She hopes that many people will visit the park. Daniel says that the park is open for everyone, a million people visit Royal Djurgården every year and he hopes that the Sculpture Park will become an attraction so that people come from abroad to see their Sculpture Park.
Charlotte Gyllenhammar says that the sculpture is "she", she has been talking about the sculpture as a female all the time.
Prins Daniel om nytt kungligt konstverk_ ”Lite upprymd”

Screenshots from the interview
https://i.postimg.cc/ZKSTht9J/E0.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/3JF38Spm/E1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/mgZBtYNq/E2.jpg

Victorias vackra sommarstil – så mycket kostar lyxväskan - Allt om kungligt

"Just from Djurgården where my wife Inger and I were invited to Princess Estelle Sculpture Park where a new, fine sculpture, "Untold" by Charlotte Gyllenhammar was inaugurated. Had a conversation with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel (who just received my newsletter). Today's meeting was fine."

"There’s a new giant, friendly forest spirit in town."
https://www.picuki.com/media/3113165266397644880

"Incredible day at the Royal Djurgården when Charlotte Gyllenhammar's statue Osagd was inaugurated as a permanent part of the Princess Estelle's Cultural Foundation's Sculpture Park".
https://www.picuki.com/media/3113473414722097757

Crown Princess Victoria sports floral maxi dress as she steps out with husband Prince Daniel _ Daily Mail Online
Victoria von Schweden_ Sie bezaubert im H&M-Kleid _ BUNTE.de

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159432423486778&set=a.242667006777
https://www.picuki.com/media/3113459708961393549

Royal Djurgården at its Instagram:
Did you know that there is a sculpture park here at Royal Djurgården?⁠ At the Rosendal area you will find the Princess Estelle Sculpture Park.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs0c-YnsCFg/

The Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation at its Instagram:
Many thanks to everyone who came to the opening ceremony of the sculpture OSAGD / UNTOLD.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs23EJ6soJh/

Unfortunately I couldn’t make it to the formal inauguration but at least I saw it on the first day: Charlotte Gyllenhammar’s large bronze on Djurgården for the sculpture program of the Princess Estelle Cultural Foundation. I’d never had the opportunity to see the earlier works from this program so I took the chance to see them while in the area: Yinka Shonibare CBE, Elmgreen & Dragset and Alice Aycock in that order.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs14RB5I8DB/

Crown Princess Victoria Attends Inauguration of Charlotte Gyllenhammar's Sculpture — Royal Portraits Gallery
Legion-Media gallery

Finally a video of the inauguration of Charlotte Gyllenhammar's sculpture "Osagd"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom