The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think a lot of muddled thoughts have crept in at the end of this tour from everyone. Pure exhaustion, probably! Anyway, I like it, even if it is another Givenchy, another dark colour.

I see nothing wrong with a Givenchy. If someone offered me one today, I’d take it. :lol:

Nothing wrong with Givenchy. Once again showing the strength of British talents that a gifted British designer is heading a huge fashion house. :flowers:

Basic but pretty look. ?

Last edited:
I suppose you meant "british" and not "brutish" LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose you meant "british" and not "brutish" LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am is thankful to this board for posting all spelling errors. Reminds me not to post from my phone :whistling:

Now how did you like the outfit? I certainly think we are here to discus fashion and not each other's typos. Any opinion on the look.....:flowers:

Nothing wrong with Givenchy. Once again showing the strength of British talents that a gifted British designer is heading a huge fashion house. :flowers:

Basic but pretty look. ?

You can’t see it in what I posted, but the pleated skirt has a different color inside. It’s a bright blue, I believe. It was fab when she walked. :wub:

Does anyone think Megsies Givenchy pleated skirt was see through. I just noticed one of the news agencies making a bit of a fuss about it.

with two or three misses, i really liked her clothes on the tour. and the speculation really would have gotten out of hand by now over a pregnancy ^^.
another plus, she is already rewearing clothes. what people always seem to forget, although we don't know how much money she made from her acting career, she had some (or still has) to buy clothes from her own money. and the clothes she buys now will hopefully reworn. And with more official dates to cover you need a bigger variety/ amount in clothes.

She was exceedingly well dressed during that tour. I am happy for her that she will be able to rest now….. I'll miss her, I got used to see new pix Everyday for 16 days !

with two or three misses, i really liked her clothes on the tour. and the speculation really would have gotten out of hand by now over a pregnancy ^^.
another plus, she is already rewearing clothes. what people always seem to forget, although we don't know how much money she made from her acting career, she had some (or still has) to buy clothes from her own money. and the clothes she buys now will hopefully reworn. And with more official dates to cover you need a bigger variety/ amount in clothes.

Her own money is irrelevant. This is official engagement, and Charles covers the cost. She should be treated differently. How much she spent given the amount of engagements on this tour is not unusual. As much as people like to say she doesn't rewear things, she actually does A LOT. And quite early on. Her first wear of clothing happened even before her wedding. This tour also saw a lot of clothing repeats. And I can't count how many times she's repeated accessories and jewels.

Does anyone think Megsies Givenchy pleated skirt was see through. I just noticed one of the news agencies making a bit of a fuss about it.

It does look see thru when the sunlight hits it..you can see the line of her underwear...and her skin. I thought maybe illusion at first but after looking more I think just an unintended effect.

LaRae

You can’t see it in what I posted, but the pleated skirt has a different color inside. It’s a bright blue, I believe. It was fab when she walked. :wub:

I thought it was blue but I thought maybe I was seeing things. Yes have seen some videos now of her walking, and so great in motion. :flowers:

The dress is gorgeous, but it definitely looks like it’s revealing more than intended - the underwear line makes it clear it’s not an optical illusion.

I highly doubt it’s something that they noticed when Meghan bought it, and actually I kind of wonder if it’s because of the flash of the cameras? Would be interesting to know if it’s an affect that was seen in person, or if it just showed up on camera?

Stella McCartney Dress, is nice. It's quite a casual look.

I thought that too. In fact, when I saw the original version in maxi and a bit loose on the model (I hadn't seen whole body shots of Meghan at that point), my comment was "is this a milkmaid dress in navy?". :lol: But thank God they switched out the skirt. And when they put the cloak on her, everything just made sense. I understood why she wore that.

The dress is gorgeous, but it definitely looks like it’s revealing more than intended - the underwear line makes it clear it’s not an optical illusion.

I highly doubt it’s something that they noticed when Meghan bought it, and actually I kind of wonder if it’s because of the flash of the cameras? Would be interesting to know if it’s an affect that was seen in person, or if it just showed up on camera?

I think there is optical illusion going on on the pleats down the skirt, but yes, if one looks really closely, you can see some underwear lines where it's tighter around her hips. I couldn't see anything on any of the videos I saw from that walkabout. It seems to be a combination of stretching out a little bit and the lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Agreed the dress was plain but clear why she chose it. Allowed the wrap and necklace to shine. And yes the alterations were much better.

Last look of the tour.

Meghan & Harry Traverse the Redwoods Treewalk

She is wearing the Givenchy top, and recycled her jeans from the tour.

Danish label jacket and birdies slippers.

Well, when people can't complain about one thing, they have to come up with something else! Even if it's not factually based. :lol:

Yeah, I don’t think she realized it would be see through. It’s a beautiful skirt though and would love to see her wear it again (with some type of lining added to correct the sheerness of it).

The pleated skirt and top are gorgeous, just gorgeous. I agree a bit of lining or a black slip would have mitigated the sheerness.

Yes, I love the Givenchy skirt. I don't think Meghan was aware of the sheerness of it but hopefully, they alter that because I would love to see her wearing it again.

Last edited:
Pod Save the Queen said her wardrobe was about 1500 per outfit ...not counting shoes and jewelery. However, some of that was pre-owned too...and that wasn't factored in.

LaRae

Yeah, I don’t think she realized it would be see through. It’s a beautiful skirt though and would love to see her wear it again (with some type of lining added to correct the sheerness of it).

But it isn’t see through unless I’m looking at it incorrectly. I think it’s just the shadow of the light color under the dark. Could be wrong but didn’t notice it on majority of the pictures.

Last edited:
You may be right. There are pictures where we can see that it doesn't look sheer at all.

Doesn't Prince Charles pay for her wardrobe?

Yes except when they are on Tours etc then the government pays for at least some of their clothing if not all. Of course items she already owned wouldn't count.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom