The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the look. Is she not wearing her engagement ring today?

Yes, I noticed the lack of engagement ring, too. Hands swollen? It doesn't look like it, but hard to tell.

Hoorah for more colours! ?
Meghan looked incredible today; and as expected, just like most other royal women do, she rocks red. Her white dress in Tonga is very pretty too and great for a warm summer event.

Love this look on her and the sleek ponytail is fun and youthful.

I'm a bit baffled by the discussion of her clothes being too tight. To me, they look to be fitting her just fine.

The shoes look like the same ones she wore to Louis' christening.

I suppose I'm in the minority; I think that striped dress is hideous!
It's just so overwhelming.

She's looking great in these shirt dresses--such a smart choice for the weather and accommodating the baby. Love the color.

She Always looks great ! But as I said before, blue is her colour !

Last edited:
I do like the blue. Not as much as the striped dress though. I love the fact that Meghan is tucking her hair away in a sleek ponytail.

The striped dress I see fantastic. Crisp, professional. Nice pop of color and interest with the stripes :flowers:

The blue I like the color and style. But the fabric is not doing it for me.

I suppose I'm in the minority; I think that striped dress is hideous!
It's just so overwhelming.
I absolutely agree with you. Looks comfortable though. The blue shirtwaist is perfect for her, comfortable and flattering. The hairdo is also very becoming, neat, clean and attractive. The toned down makeup is also a blessing, makes her look younger

Both of the dresses are great, IMO. The blue dress looks like it might be a knit. Meghan's face is rounder, she is losing her angular jaw. :)

That blue shirt dress is one that I'd be hitting the website for myself if my plastic wouldn't throw up using it. It looks so comfortable and feminine and seems like an appropriate dress for so many different occasions. A go anywhere kind of dress.

I am a bit behind due to a crazy work schedule and I am having trouble keeping their days and my days straight due to time difference. I liked the color and style of the green Jason Wu dress but did not like the seaming on the bodice because it made the dress look like it was inside out. The red was nice. The white evening gown was really beautiful. The green and white stripe was a nice change and looked cool and fresh. The blue shirtwaist dress also looked nice. The only thing I didn't like about the blue was the two patch pockets one the bodice. I have always hated pockets in that location but that is mainly because Mother Nature gifted me with a bust that doesn't need anything extra in that area.

I am a bit behind due to a crazy work schedule and I am having trouble keeping their days and my days straight due to time difference. I liked the color and style of the green Jason Wu dress but did not like the seaming on the bodice because it made the dress look like it was inside out. The red was nice. The white evening gown was really beautiful. The green and white stripe was a nice change and looked cool and fresh. The blue shirtwaist dress also looked nice. The only thing I didn't like about the blue was the two patch pockets one the bodice. I have always hated pockets in that location but that is mainly because Mother Nature gifted me with a bust that doesn't need anything extra in that area.

I love all her outfits, but are they maternity clothes? so tight around her waist?

I don't think any of the outfits she has worn to date are "maternity" clothes. I think they are just regular clothes that are cut fuller in the bust and waist to allow for the changes. This seems to be a trend among a lot of high profile women these days. Kate and Amal Clooney are two that come to mind. They wore more non-maternity labels during their pregnancies than they did maternity labels. I seem to remember after one of Kate's pregnancies she wore more true maternity clothes (from labels that are strictly maternity clothes) after the baby was born than she did before. Personally, I don't understand this as it seems that clothes designed for a pregnant body would be a whole lot more comfortable than regular clothes cut big. Of course, I have never been pregnant so maybe I am missing something.

I thought the clothes she wore in Australia were a bit dark, bland, casual. But during Fiji and Tonga, I have not disliked anything. They are what I picture a modern Princess wearing - tailored, colouful, modest (ie, sleeves and mid calf length). Hopefully when they get back to Australia the bright palette remains. In New Zealand she may be allowed to wear "all black" ��

So the shoes seem different--has she worn those on this tour before?

And I really like the blue shirtwaist dress-She looks great.

No, I believe they are new.

I really did like both dresses today, particularly the style of the striped dress and color of the blue. She looked lovely and I must say even more beautiful and youthful. Pregnancy really suits her.

Really don't like this outfit, looks too confused and the stripes don't go the same way.

Really like the blue shirt dress, it's a nice colour and fit.

Meghans hair has been very boring this trip, i really wish she'd do something with it.

Meghan's hair has been boring? On the contrary, she has worn several different hairstyles and I've found them all to be quite flattering.

Back
Top Bottom