The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I hope she can get someone to FedEx some maternity wear to her for the rest of the trip in bigger sizes.

Absolutely in love with the Self Portrait Dress.

Evening dress is white, by Theia Coutour.

Both colours of the Tongan flag covered then..

Finally a decent picture. Everything else was from far away and blurry.

Can’t tell which earrings they are. But I’m beginning to think Ella Kay is right, this is a different tennis bracelet than the arrival to Fiji. It looks like bigger rocks.

I like the dress and the overall look, hair, makeup etc. Meghan looks good. White suits her.

Can't decide which one is better, the red dress or the white gown, both are stunning. Okay at least I can forget the floral ruffles on yesterday now.?

She looks amazing from what I can see. This dress, the red and the Fijian blue cape dress are the standouts of this tour so far.

And by the way, I've been pleased with her overall style. I'm sure some have been complaining about fit and color (although I'd hope no one has been complaining about that as of late) but I have no major qualms. She's done a very good job of being thoughtful of her hosts while sticking to her very chic, classic style.

The back of the dress: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqVL0DEXcAAhgEX.jpg

It is by Theia Couture, Theia has an Irish Head Designer but is based in the USA.

The Duchess of Sussex in a forest green Jason Wu dress. Looking lovely.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6314025-image-m-44_1540425230914.jpg

Green looks lovely on Meghan, I wish this dresses sleeves were a little bit shorter as they just look odd right now.

A colour, always love a colour! The style is nice, but the mix of pleats makes little sense.

It's very clear to me from these pictures that her clothes need to be adjusted to her bump as they just don't work.

Last edited:
Meghan shape is completely changed. She has 6 days left, so they might try to make due. I won't be surprised if the are buying new outfits already because I am sure she likely can't repeat now. Her bump is growing so fast.

I really liked the looks of all three today. The white is my favorite.

OMG! My cup runneth over! LOVED these last 3 outfits! Green, red and white! Simple, clean lines with no fussiness! Perfect silhouettes for Meghan!

Gorgeous! FABULOUS!

Just a tad bit off on what Meghan was wearing but one thing I noticed that she was showing and looked so good with in the close up pictures of her were her *freckles*!

That white gown was to die for. Classic lines, very elegant and very much Meghan's style. :D

OMG! My cup runneth over! LOVED these last 3 outfits! Green, red and white! Simple, clean lines with no fussiness! Perfect silhouettes for Meghan!

Gorgeous! FABULOUS!

I loved all of them, tooo!
BYe Bine

SOO thoughtful of the 'stylist' to leave the tag attached.. it can only help those interested in tracking down, and pricing the item worn...

UNBELIEVABLY inept !

The white gown and everything about that appearance! Happy to finally see her in something that I personally can get on board with. She should definitely wear more whites if she wants to keep to neutral shades. Just perfection. Also, happy to see that now thats she is showing her clothes suddenly fit so well. Witwiw! :D

The back of the dress: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqVL0DEXcAAhgEX.jpg

It is by Theia Couture, Theia has an Irish Head Designer but is based in the USA.

Its not a good look from the back, IMO.

SOO thoughtful of the 'stylist' to leave the tag attached.. it can only help those interested in tracking down, and pricing the item worn...

UNBELIEVABLY inept !

I agree, it is clear that she is not really getting the support that she needs from stylist / dresser. One hopes she sees these rookie mistakes and other bigger issues in sourcing clothes from outside the UK for engagements in the UK and ups her game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know for sure that she travels with a dresser?

My goodness that white dress is glam....looks great on her or her wearing it...on the move it's very elegant.

LaRae

No she's not and since she had to change on the plane it would be easy to miss a tag. Interestingly the dress is bespoke so perhaps "emergency" supplies are arriving however they are not keeping pace with the rapid expansion of Meghan's pregnancy.

A statement of fact or a reasonable assumption?

A list of people traveling with them was given to the press pool at the briefing. A dresser is not on the list. So a statement of fact.

I love the color and style of the red dress, but as I said initially, it looks as though she must be sweltering. She wears red, especially this shade, beautifully!

The white dress is elegance itself, and again, she looks beautiful.

However, both the red and the white dresses are too tight, so clearly her little one is growing faster than anticipated, and I am hoping so much that her clothes for the last week of the tour are more forgiving than these last few efforts have been. It has to be stressful for Meghan wondering every time she gets dressed if the selected outfit is going to fit.

On the other hand, aside from fit issues, the colors and styles for the most part have been fantastic on her, so I hope for more of this once she gets home, and that she feels secure enough to give the black and navy a rest every once in a while.

A list of people traveling with them was given to the press pool at the briefing. A dresser is not on the list. So a statement of fact.

Said person does not have to be designated as a Dresser. Might be a Personal Assistant who, amongst other things, organises the clothing of the Duke and Duchess whilst on the tour.

Most travelling royals with a tour with this magnitude will have some support in this department, irrespective of what the said resource is designated.

Said person does not have to be designated as a Dresser. Might be a Personal Assistant who, amongst other things, organises the clothing of the Duke and Duchess whilst on the tour.

Most travelling royals with a tour with this magnitude will have some support in this department, irrespective of what the said resource is designated.
I took the question as someone that's dedicated in dressing her, in that regard, she didn't. They have a personal assistant that's helping them with various things, I'm sure keeping their clothes for the day with them is one of them. However, I don't consider that as a dresser/stylist, which was the original question.

Back
Top Bottom