The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meghan in blue for her meeting with the King: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0RYBaYWwAEObtR.jpg

This is a truly hideous dress, there are so so many nicer things and could have worn. The blue is a great colour, but the fact there’s no fit to it but also seams running along which don’t do anything, it’s quite clearly too long because she’s having to hold it to walk not just to walk up steps.

Her daytime outfits have been lovely, I’d kill for that black pleated number and her jacket from Saturday.

The “kaftan” last night was again a massive miss, the detail on the edges the only redeeming factor in a completely shapeless and swamping gown which made Meghan look small IMO. Very similar to the outfit tonight.

One thing I have disliked continuously on this trip is the pulled back hair in a bun, it’s pulled Meghans face tighter and her hair looks boring, no braids or plates to make it look interesting. I do believe AA women’s hair suffers in best and it’s hard to work with so this could be why.

Oh dear, this Blue 'tent' is hideous, absolutely unflattering [and she had been doing SO beautifully]..
Her 'form' in the Blue Print dress 'stakes' is DIRE...
If only she'd stuck [stylistically] to what she wore to the Embassy reception..

Last edited:
OMG, I have no idea what y'all are looking at, but I think that looks hiddy on her! The color is horrible. The silhouette is tent-like. She looks like she's wearing something from the 70s.
I agree! :D The blue dress from today is also awful. I love her usual style, but well, this is diplomatic dressing, so I forgive her :D

I agree. I have loved everything she has worn on this trip. I look forward to seeing what she wears when she meets the King.

It's in a link(s) on the previous page.

LaRae

Oh dear, this Blue 'tent' is hideous, absolutely unflattering [and she had been doing SO beautifully]..
If only she'd stuck [stylistically] to what she wore to the Embassy reception..

I love the color and I love the bottom of the dress...but the bodice is disappointing.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I change my mind about an outfit when I see it in motion, but this blue thingie is, if possible, even worse because of how it drags and puddles. So, no, I stick with my initial impression on this one on the previous page.

I will say that overall I think Meghan did really well on this trip in the clothing department. It will be hard to reach the level of excellence she hit during the Australian/NZ/Pacific trip, and I think she should have made more of an effort to showcase at least one or two British designers, but she had some lovely clothes this time around--and one screaming failure.

I'm laughing that some don't like the blue dress so far, as it is exactly what people have wanted her in: not tight, can't see the belly, can't see the belly button, muumuu-like, colour, respectful to the host, demure, royal-like, classy, not cheap, not vulgar!

I tease! Kind of. I do agree that it's not my favourite outfit of hers, though.

I don't think anyone said they wanted to see her in a muu-muu. And actually, even a muu-muu doesn't have that much excess fabric.

I'm laughing that some don't like the blue dress so far, as it is exactly what people have wanted her in: not tight, can't see the belly, can't see the belly button, muumuu-like, colour, respectful to the host, demure, royal-like, classy, not cheap, not vulgar!
Well said. Thank you for making me laugh ?

Ok....all of those nice things I said earlier? I still mean each and every one but this blue mess....wow. That thing might be worse than the dress she wore to the Spencer wedding. :ohmy: She's done beautifully in the style stakes over this mini-tour but this was not the note to end it on.

One thing I have disliked continuously on this trip is the pulled back hair in a bun, it’s pulled Meghans face tighter and her hair looks boring, no braids or plates to make it look interesting.

I don't like her hair that way either.

And that middle part is jarring; it looks like there's a white stripe down the center of her head. (I didn't notice that before; is her scalp so pale?)

Last edited:

I tease! Kind of. I do agree that it's not my favourite outfit of hers, though.

Heh, yeah I was thinking the same thing. Although I agree it's far from my favourite of hers.

At first sight, I thought this dress was hideous. It has moved up slightly after seeing her moving in it. Unfortunately, I still don't like it. These types of dresses swarm her and she's 3-0 in wearing something like this. First, the dress for the summer wedding, the pink nightmare in Fiji or Tonga, and finally this one. This is why people should find what works for them and stick to it. This is what happens when she ventures from own style aesthetic.

Considering that pregnant women have a limited choice of attire , this dress is not that bad.
It's appropriate for the occasion.

i loved all the Duchess choices for Morocco,she was stunnung but not this last one
while the colors is lovely the dress is too baggy and shapless

I am in the minority here - I kind of like the dress.
It looks comfortable and freeing; and the colours are nice too,

This dress from Meghan (agree with those who say it looks like a tent!) was nice first time I saw it but after giving it a second glance I'm not a fan. It's not very flattering on her and reminds me of the kind of maternity dresses Diana would've worn in the '80s.

Eh, loved the colour, loved the movement in the skirt, hated that it swallowed Meghan in one almighty bite. But I think the aim was to cover as much as possible as I am sure she was told that when Lalla Salma was pregnant she went into seclusion until the child was born, so I think she (unfortunately) deferred to the advice of more experienced others.

Bad move Meghan, just keep being yourself and you will get it right for you. Now with Catherine's added height and more willowy frame, she would probably have looked great it.

I thought she looked lovely. You couldn’t see Baby Sussex’s head front and center; the flowing fabric would have made an area of cool air for a heavily pregnant lady, and there was no exposure of swollen ankles. Her pretty face was doing all the work, and she kept well- hidden the exhaustion she likely feels.

There were several elaborately ruffled and voluminous gowns at the Oscars last night, so her gown is on trend.

There were several elaborately ruffled and voluminous gowns at the Oscars last night, so her gown is on trend.

That's true, there were several that looked like they were going to swallow their wearers whole. Can't say I'm a fan of the trend but going to meet the King of Morocco better to err on the side of "pretty maternity tent" than risk "Meghan causes international outrage by showing bump at Palace" tabloid headlines.

Welll, I guess she gave those who wanted her in looser clothing what they wanted LOL.

But that CH has me speechless. A truly fugly dress.

Everything else on the tour has been perfect. I am very disappointed in the lack of Moroccan designers and I think in general the choice of Dior was perplexing. But the actual outfits themselves have been great.

The print and the colour of this blue dress were amazing… Glorious really !!!!

I agree rominet09 ...love the print and color!

LaRae

I agree. The colour and print were lovely. The fit and length though were off. A bit of a disappointment, but Ive liked everything else Meghan wore on this visit.

Her daytime looks rocked. :cool:

Love the striped shirt with jacket and boots. Great look for horse event :flowers:

The black dress and cute blazer were a great combination. ?

But tonight wow :eek: Her first miss of the tour and it was a doozy :sad:

The color is beautiful but that's about it.

It looks like a giant tent or mu-mu and the print actually helps with the mu-mu feel. Volume was on style at the Oscars but not this kind of volume.

I get the feeling she has heard the criticism of 'too tight' maternity clothes and worried. She knew she was being in an ultra conservative country, and wanted to be as modest and appropriate as ever. But took it too far.

Welll, I guess she gave those who wanted her in looser clothing what they wanted LOL.

But that CH has me speechless. A truly fugly dress.

Everything else on the tour has been perfect. I am very disappointed in the lack of Moroccan designers and I think in general the choice of Dior was perplexing. But the actual outfits themselves have been great.

No, the red dress was stunning. This thing is oversized to a ridiculous point and totally unbecoming. She looks like she found this in an alley. Sorry, there is a difference between nicely draped and a circus tent.

No, the red dress was stunning. This thing is oversized to a ridiculous point and totally unbecoming. She looks like she found this in an alley. Sorry, there is a difference between nicely draped and a circus tent.

A very appropriate circus tent for a brave first time mom who must be at the point of wishing baby would be born so that she can be comfortable again. In my last months of pregnancy I only wore dresses like this (and I never usually wore dresses!) because everything else was just too restrictive. Kudos to the duchess for taking on official travel when she probably would just rather be at home wearing trainers and yoga clothing:flowers: However, home is being renovated I understand so no wonder she has hit the road.
Hope baby is born sooner than later:lol:

Last edited:
I wish she wore the blue dress for arrival and the red for meeting the king, IMO that would’ve been nicer

I wish she wore the blue dress for arrival and the red for meeting the king, IMO that would’ve been nicer

That would certainly make more sense to me.

The Blue was really less of a Tent and more of a Marquee...

Back
Top Bottom