The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon? Clever response but I don't understand, Baroness. lol

Lol, in a weird way my first thought was that Camilla's gown looked like the simplified version of the Elizabethan style of dress. Her velvet top almost looks like a bodice/corset that was detachable from the overskirt. Added to it is the blouse beneath as a version of a smock/shift. Of course, it doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles of a kirtle, petticoat or stomacher like in the olden days, but it certainly has an antique look to me and just reminded me of a dress from a bygone era.:)

Last edited:
Wow.. That is Exactly what I thought as well. lol I have always said that you Do have a special way with words..

Unfortunately, we never got to see better pictures. Then again, it was a private event.

Today, Prince Charles and Camilla, accompanied by Their Majesties, visited the Vasa Museum in Stockholm.
Camilla wore a lovely grey coat with blue detailing and matching bag and a blue dress under the coat.
The coat is nice looking and she finally got a different bag. Wish she wore a vibrant colour though.
No clear picture of the jewellery, but she appears to be wearing the pearl choker from Norway.

- The coat (view from the back)
- Jewellery (picture from Norway)

Last edited:
Nice coat indeed but grey again !
I've the feeling that Camilla didn't expect the coming of spring so fast. Her wardrobe is still a little bit too winterish.

I'm with the "burn baby burn" on the navy white collared dress posters! Put the beast to bed, then buy a miracle bra!

I like Camilla's gray coat; it's nicely tailored with the blue trim. The matching blue dress is certainly an improvement over the grim navy dress, she's wearing soft black hose and it looks like she's wearing her new pearl choker.

Maybe an accident should be arranged with the navy and white dress.:whistling:

Last edited:
I like Camilla's gray coat; it's nicely tailored with the blue trim. The matching blue dress is certainly an improvement over the grim navy dress, she's wearing soft black hose and it looks like she's wearing her new pearl choker.

Maybe an accident should be arranged with the navy and white dress.:whistling:

I'm in complete agreement regarding the grey and blue coat. It fits her very nicely. The 'arranged accident' is a great idea. Perhaps some of the staff can be creative in this department and get rid of the dress, but keep everything else in tact :D. And I too love your way with words. You paint pictures with them, and that's very helpful to someone like me who can't always see the details.

"You paint pictures with them"... Finally someone came up with The perfect description of the way Baroness of Books words her posts! Beautifully said, Daria.

You are Both very welcome. You deserve the praise. :)

I don't mind the navy dress too much, it looks like the kind of thing that's really comfortable and can just be thrown on without too much thought.

I do not like the grey coat, though. Just so forgettable. I know Camilla isn't particularly interested in fashion - she actually reminds me of the Queen that way - but she'd done so well this tour so far.

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Sunday Service at St Albans Anglican Church in Copenhagen
on March 25, 2012, wearing a nice white coat and her well-known dress with dots.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like the coat and the dress, but not the hat or the boots.
I'd rather prefer a black and white look, than a black, white and brown one.

Still, Camilla looks quite nice. :)

I think this outfit is very elegant, love it from hat to boots. This and the one of the first day in Norway are probably her best outfits so far on this tour. And I think she generally dressed well for a woman of her age and figure - during daytime. The evening outfits didn't thrill me.

The coat could actually appear almost stylish if it wasn't worn with this over-repeated large-dotted dress which begs for retirement.
Scrunched up hat and boots neither compliment the outfit nor do they look nice at this time of the year.

Unfortunately, the button line as well as the execution of the inserts of the coat do not look very well made - this is not exactly high quality tailoring:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/x610a36.jpg/

Last edited:
Polka dots + Paddington = Blaaah
But her smile and attitude is saving this mega repeated conbination.

Too many polka dots on both the dress and the coat; a very busy look. I've seen her wear this combination before and I've always disliked it. I like the coat very much, but it would have looked better with a solid dress, so the detailing would have stood out on its own. The Paddington hat and the boots also give this a heavy look.

Last edited:
I think Camilla has been caught out at how quickly spring has sprung. It is unseasonably warm and dry in Europe at the moment. The Paddington hat would be appropriate on a colder day, but it's just too warm for fur at the moment.

The coat is quite nice for her but simply overdone it with the printed dress and scarf. The coat has so much pretty detailing going on which would've looked quite elegant with everything else being plain and she could've gotten away with it being slightly colored.

I think Camilla has been caught out at how quickly spring has sprung. It is unseasonably warm and dry in Europe at the moment. The Paddington hat would be appropriate on a colder day, but it's just too warm for fur at the moment.
Actually, it is not that warm in DK at the moment. So the hat is perfect :flowers:

I like the coat, but not with the dress, or the hat or the boots. Something needs to be in a solid color. There are too many dots. Perhaps if she kept the look in black and white colors (the dress being a solid black), it would have been a wonderful combination. Don't care for the hat at all.

The Duchess of Cornwall in Copenhagen today, March 26, looking wonderful in a deep lilac/purple
coat and hat, also in a nice contrast to Crown Princess Mary's white outfit:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Easily her best outfit of the tour so far.
Perhaps too much of a good thing regarding the fringe detailing - do fringes really make sense on the crown of a hat? - but great color and most of all much better tailoring than usually seen on her.

Love the purple on Camilla; she carries it off so well!

I absolutely love this outfit on Camilla; purple is her colour.
She has worn this exact same ensemble in Norway, gorgeous pearl choker and earrings included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom