The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 2: June-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Camilla flies solo at airport visit

The Duchess of Cornwall has carried out her first official solo engagement in Scotland since her marriage to the Prince of Wales.

http://iclanarkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/news/scotland/headlines/tm_objectid=17650991&method=full&siteid=50144&headline=camilla-flies-solo-at-airport-visit-name_page.html

http://s2.supload.com/free/530447.jpg/view/

Quote from this article:
Wearing an aqua Armani skirt suit, pearls and beige heeled shoes, her wedding ring and son Tom Parker Bowles's new book were among the topics of conversation.

I had to read the sentence several times till I realized that she didn't wear her son's new book... LOL. While it's up to interpretation if she wore her wedding ring or talked about it or both.... :ROFLMAO:

She looks great. I think she lost weight. The article from The Royalist isn´t so bad like others before. But the comments are incredible.:bang:

hornsen said:
She looks great. I think she lost weight. The article from The Royalist isn´t so bad like others before. But the comments are incredible.:bang:

I think you're right, she does look thinner.

Recently, one US tabloid was saying that Charles was disgusted with her because she had gained too much weight. I felt bad for her -- I think we all gain or lose if we're upset, and losing her father would be enough to cause some weight fluctuation.

Iowabelle, I don´t believe the stories of tabloids. Charles loves her with all her curves, I think. She never was fat but, sometimes she has a few more pounds. It´s normal. She is a woman and she is 59 years old. Very difficult to hold your weight than. If you deeply love someone over 30 years, you won´t mind about some curves and pounds IMO. I could imagine that he loves it...:rolleyes:

Oh, I agree, hornsen. They have been friends and a couple for so long, it's hard to imagine that they would break up after having gone through so much to be together.

Camilla will participate in benefical “short marathon”

Camilla Parker Bowles will participate in a long walk of sixteen kilometers to collect bottoms for the fight against the osteoporosis, today informed the organizers into the race.
The Duchess of Cornualles, that is president of the National Society against the Osteoporosis, will make that route next the 20 of September near the Loch Muick, a lake of Balmoral (Scotland), where is the summery residence of Queen Elizabeth II.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/se_sociedad/noticia.jsp?CAT=105&TEXTO=100000104741

Charles and Camilla seem to have connected well with people in Scotland.

Camilla in ten-mile charity walk

The Duchess of Cornwall is to participate in a ten-mile walk in aid of the National Osteoporosis Society. Camilla will hike around Loch Muick at the Balmoral estate on 20 September as part of a week of events.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1332402006

DUCHESS IN BRITTLE BONE TREK

By Victoria Bone :)lol: )
THE Duchess of Cornwall is to do a 10-mile walk in aid of osteoporosis.
She will hike around Loch Muick on the Balmoral estate in Scotland on September 20

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=17713504&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=duchess-in-brittle-bone-trek-name_page.html

Last edited:
10 mile walk... Hope the Duchess will make it! :rolleyes: Ro even better, hope she wins it, though it hardly matters with Charity Walk.

Wow, will we get pictures in sport dress?;)

Considering Camilla's love of long walks, this is perfect charity event for her. It is so nice she can do someone she really enjoys with her charity work.
If she wasn't the one who suggested the walk in the first place, I am sure she jumped at the idea when it was suggested. :)
I do agree it will be interesting in what she decides to wear.

She probably be wearing sport clothes suitable for power walks.

It's not that exciting.

I suspect she'll be wearing something sensible and comfortable.

For some odd reason I'll be interested to know the colour though.

Is the "mile" the same distance as a mile in the US? I though all of Europe used kilometers.

grevinnan said:
Is the "mile" the same distance as a mile in the US? I though all of Europe used kilometers.

Yes we are the same as the US, we don't use kilometres to measure road distance.

We do use some metric for measurements ie. a piece of wood can be 1 metre long by 1 inch wide! :lol: 2 metres of fabric that is 36 inches wide. I think for anything other than road distance, it depends on your age, the youngsters using metric, the oldies imperial. :lol:

Skydragon said:
the youngsters using metric, the oldies imperial. :lol:

And the foreigners have a headache :lol: The only imperial measurement I personally understand is a pint of good ale ;)

grevinnan said:

A mile is 5,280 feet. That is about 1.6 kilometers. [SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

AgnesK said:
And the foreigners have a headache :lol: The only imperial measurement I personally understand is a pint of good ale ;)

Can you imagine asking for 0.568 of a litre of beer or worse still 0.9144 of a metre of cider (1 yard)! :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Can you imagine asking for 0.568 of a litre of beer or worse still 0.9144 of a metre of cider (1 yard)! :ROFLMAO:

I can. What I can't imagine is a facial expression of a waiter after such order ;)

I agree with some of you on her dress from last night, not her best IMO, but today the Duchess shows us once again that she has great taste in suits and hats.

Camilla and Charles arrive at St Paul's Church in London for a memorial service for her father Maj. Bruce Shand today. AP Photo/Sang Tan/Pool via Yahoo.

Last edited:
Memorial service for her father, Major Bruce Shand, at St Paul's Church in Knightsbridge

from getty

I am a catholic and I am wondering if its a tradition to have a memorial service a while after a funeral. Sorry if someone feels

Avalon said:
10 mile walk... Hope the Duchess will make it! :rolleyes: Ro even better, hope she wins it, though it hardly matters with Charity Walk.

Its a little less than half a marathon so at a walkings pace its definitely doable. :)

the duchess looks very lovely and dignified, great hat on her.
this has been bothering me for a while now, don't you think the duchess needs to find a firmer undergarmet (bra) she has a lovely figure but the top is too ummmmmm low. there are some wonderful, COMFORTABLE bras out there. my aunt (she's 73)went to neimans and got a new bra fitted (come to find out she'd been wearing the wrong size, etc) came to the reunion and everyone swore she'd had a boobjob. it was the hoot of the party who knew! anyway i mean no criticism it was just an idea to throw out there.

CAMILLA REMEMBERS HER WAR HERO FATHER WITH PRIDE

The Duchess of Cornwall had a warm smile for family and friends arriving to help celebrate the life of her beloved father Major Bruce Shand on Monday. Elegantly dressed in black, flanked by her husband the Prince of Wales, Camilla welcomed 550 guests to the private memorial service in St Paul's Church in London.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/Tais419/tom-parker-bowles-2a.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/Tais419/camilla-charles-3a.jpg
source - hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom