The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: March-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh...poor Camilla. Hope, her husband is there for her. And she has to be there for her family, too. Hopefully she comes through well.:(

I´m glad, he was able to see his daughter becoming happy at last.

I am so very sorry for Camilla. She and her father were very close, it must be a terrible lose for her.:(
I am sure Charles will be there for her, as well as other members of her family.

Camilla's father Bruce Shand dies

Camilla was 'devastated' by Maj Bruce Shand's death
The Duchess of Cornwall's father Major Bruce Shand has died at the age of 89, Clarence House said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5069520.stm

Obituary: Bruce Shand

Major Bruce Shand, father of the Duchess of Cornwall, had a long and eventful life, winning two Military Crosses in World War II before becoming a respected wine merchant and huntsman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5052478.stm

My deepest sympathy for Camilla and all her family at this sad time.

I am very sad for the family and Camilla. She is very close to her father and thanks for his support during her dark ages. At least Major Shand saw his daughter married the man she has loved for more than three decades.

I am very sorry. :(
very sad news.
May he rest in peace!

im felt sorry for Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall and her family on death of Mr.Shand but she love her dad very much and also her mother very much but she got breaking her heart on parent's death but she will be fine.

I feel very sorry for Camilla :( My deepest sympathy for her and her family.

It was very sad to hear of the passing of the Duchess of Cornwall's father Major Shand. My sympathies to her, her siblings and all of the family. She seemed very close to her father and it must be a diffcult time for her.

Camilla is not my favour royal but I feel really sorry for her and her siblings &family. Loosing someone specially this one who you really love is terrible. Deeply condolneces.

Last edited:
My condolences to the family. Its compforting to know that he was surrounded by his family at the time.

Poor Camilla, losing a parent is a terrible thing. My condolences to her and her family.

What terrible news, My condolences to Camilla and her family.

Some modern behavioralists refer to those in middle age as the "sandwich" generation. Camilla experienced the joy of her children's weddings and the agony of her father's death, all in a few short months. Our parent's deaths remind us that we are "next" in the cycle of life.

Condolences to Camilla, Annabel, and Mark.

Although death is a very sad reality for those of us left behind, I was brought up to acknowledge that death is another part of life and that one shouldn't fear it.

My grandmother, who was very ill throughout much of her life (progressive heart disease, an aneurysm on the aorta and had sustained 7 heart attacks since her 40's) always maintained that death is like walking from one room to another.

My condolences.

"MII"

Last edited:
northernchoir said:
Some modern behavioralists refer to those in middle age as the "sandwich" generation. Camilla experienced the joy of her children's weddings and the agony of her father's death, all in a few short months. Our parent's deaths remind us that we are "next" in the cycle of life.

Condolences to Camilla, Annabel, and Mark.

I agree with you. Camilla was hugely painful in 1994 for her mother's death when Charles confessed his adultery on the TV. She must feel deeply how frail the life is.She is a strong woman, but she reseves very soft points for her family and her friends. She is very family oriented and just hope that Prince Charles will be there for her.

I feel so bad for Camilla. My condolences to her and her family. At least she was with her father when he died and Charles was with her.

I hope the funeral doesn't turn into a media circus. I remember hearing the press were bad during her mother's funeral.

Camilla is very fortunate to have had her father with her for this long. Although the loss must be very painful she will most likely be very thankful for all the years they have had together.

Sincere condolences to Camilla and her family. It is very hard losing someone you love.

AgnesK said:
Obituary from The Times with nice photo of Camilla and her Dad:

Thanks for that AgnesK. According to some reports, Charles is ready to cancel his appointments if his wife needs him.

Whether it is expected or not, it is still a very traumatic time if you love someone, as much as Camilla clearly loved her father.

I am very sad for Camilla. It is very sad to lose your father. I glad that she has Prince Charles by her side to help her during this very sad time in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom