The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: March-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Friends Reunited Jenny Kilbride (tartan skirt) stands beside Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (centre) in a school photogragh taken in Ditchling, East Sussex in the school year 1955/56, on display at the Ditchling museum. The Duchess attended school in Ditchling as a child and was brought up in nearby Plumpton, East Sussex. The museum which celebrates the history of the village is on the site of the old Dumbrells school which closed in 1983 and the now patron of the museum is Dame Vera Lynn. (Photo by Pool/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

Thanks, Skydragon! I didn't know about that part of Camilla's biography either. And it's a very rare picture of the Duchess in childhood. She looks pretty:D

Wow guest is Duchess Camilla is pretty dress and smile with people!! She is much more natural dress and visit school. Duchess with dame Vera Lynn. Wow thank you photos on duchess Camilla.!!!

Camilla hasn't facially changed at all - you can really tell who it is on that photograph!

The hairstyle hasn't changed much either.:)

LOL...but you´re right. Fascinating...nothing at that time foreshadowed that the future queen is on the photo.

The Duchess looks wonderful. I think she is doing a good job. What really impresses me the most about her is her the way that the wind is blowing & the weather isn't the greatest but it doesn't seem to bother her in the least, she just keeps smiling and having a grand time. Very down to earth and graceful at the same time. Charles has really increased his public image with Camilla as his wife.

Duchess said:
what is the significance of Dumbrells?

Dumbrells is the school that Camilla attended as a child. :)

Very nice pictures.
She looks very elegant.

puresnow said:
Very nice pictures.
She looks very elegant.

I love the color, too.

SHe looks nice in her latest appearance. I always love the genuiness of the Duchess of Cornwall. She has found her own style and I have observed that she more self-confidence now.

Camilla and Charles left Scotland a day early so Camilla could be with her father. Major Shand must be dying. :( . He has had cancer for awhile now and I don't think he made Laura's wedding. (maybe the reception since it was at Raymill.) which I thought at the time was bad sign.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/145549426?-876

The Scotsman had article about C+C not making church yesterday although they were scheduled. The police were complaining because because they showed up for no reason at the church. I guess C+C left that morning.

Oh no, how sad for her. It must be acutely, if they couldn´t wait one day for departure. But she has a thoughtful husband, who will care for her.

How sad, her father must have taken a turn for the worse. I know she was close to her mother and I think she is very close to her father too.

Elspeth said:
The hairstyle hasn't changed much either.:)

I noticed that too, Elspeth! But she was a beatiful girl back then,and she is a beatiful woman tofay.

Vanesa.

I meant "today"...not "tofay"...that seems to be a strange Chinese dish. :D

Vanesa.

Skydragon said:
More from Ditchling, the last but one with Dame Vera Lynn. Getty Images.

That's a beautiful color suit on her but IMO the angles of some of the photographs highlight her paunch too much.

Royal couple cut holiday short to visit duchess's sick father

PRINCE Charles and the Duchess of Rothesay yesterday ended their holiday on Royal Deeside a day earlier than planned after the duchess flew to the bedside of her frail, elderly father.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=832072006

Family crisis? Family crisis? :eek:
What are they talking about??? Her father is supposedly dying and what were they supposed to do? Be cheerful and wave to everyone?:cool:
I am sure Charles is a caring husband and supports Camilla through this difficult time.

hornsen said:
Now there are speculations about a family crisis. I mean her father is dying! Who on earth is laughing and giggling with his husband or wife this time?

Some people were happy to speculate that because they did not go to church, there had to be a family crisis, instead of the truth, which appears to have been that Camilla was devasted at the worsening health of her much loved Father. I would imagine knowing that the photographers would be out in force, they had to steel themselves to face them.:)

Even the SNP leader, without knowing the facts, launched an attack on them wasting police time.

And tell me, if there were a crisis, who would hastily charter a plane, drove the wife personally to airport and flew with her home just one day earlier? And postponed long planned duties suddenly? I think it ran all too well with them, the press have to make big things around this. Otherwise it will be too boring...

As soon as I heard that her father was ill and they missed an event, I put 2 and 2 together. Its a shame that those who are criticizing wouldn't do the same. Surely, in all his years as PoW, has he just not shown up for an event. The people who should be blamed are those who work for them. Surely, it wouldn't have taken a minute to make a quick call to cancel and apologize. Surely, every one at some point and time had a love one fall ill.

From what I can see, the church was notified but, the police didn't have the sense to radio their base and ask if they had heard anything or make enquiries themselves. If Camilla only heard, for instance 15 minutes before they were due to attend, it would have been to late to notify very many people and someone always thinks someone else has done it all. In view of the terrible upset any news like this would cause, I do think a little compassion and understanding is called for.

At such devastating news, it is amazing what slips your mind.

I´m thrilled, if Camilla will take part at the reception today. May be we are getting pics.

Has anyone heard how Camilla's father is doing? I have not seen anything more about him?

I haven't heard anything officially. But Laura and husband Harry were out at an opening at the Royal academy summer show, I think on Wednesday night and Camilla made the reception on Thursday at CH. My guess is her father's crisis passed somewhat if the family is out and about.

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]Really sad news!From theRoyalist.com[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]Clarence House has announced in the last few moments that the Duchess of Cornwall's father, Major Bruce Shand, has died at the age of 89. It's been reported in recent weeks that he'd been battling cancer.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom