The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke of Marmalade said:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/14/article-2003285-0C88236100000578-936_306x555.jpg

From what we can see, not liking the dress. Maybe there is a full view shot later on.

Red shiny dress at Prince Philip 90th Bday private family dinner. Doesnt look like one of my favourites on Kate!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/14/article-2003285-0C8823A200000578-912_306x713.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/14/article-2003285-0C88236100000578-936_306x555.jpg

The worst part is it's so wrinkly....

It's just vey unflattering

The worst part is it's so wrinkly....

It's just vey unflattering

I agree, a good steam on the dress before wearing would make the silk look much better. It also looks like the curl in her hair fell out from the day before. I get it, it happens and I can't expect her to blow dry and curl her hair everyday.

Again as previously stated, if Madonna looks better in the dress that's telling me something at least.

I do like the color but the design and shape of the dress do nothing for Kate. It kind of hangs there, no definition of where her waist is, just not becoming at all.

I liked the dress. I think it looks good on her. It's shiny and the color brings out her skin and it makes me think of her special reality, which I imagine is particular and out of the plain. She shines and we or I know it.

I think the colour really suits her, but there's a frumpy aspect to the style which is unecessarily fussy. I'm not a fan of the neckline either. However Kate still manages to look okay.

It's a very 70s look so the wearer need to be fashion forward with hair and accessories or strong personality

which is why Madonna pull it off so successfully. But my problem is that it's wrinkled and sacklike on Catherine's frame. But these are pictures of a private event where she'd been spending a few hours sitting at dinner hanging with family, of course it's wrinkled.

Last edited:
McCartney= overrated IMHO.
Color is nice.
Otherwise it is NOT a good choice, I actually think Madonna looks better in the dress than Catherine.
Advice=it should go in the charity bin. :)
Sometimes buying things on sale just really don't work.

Dress is too shiny and thus has a creased effect too it - by looking at it you would think it was a cheap cast off rather than costing (in the original price not the sale price Kate paid) quiet abit

The color-yes
The design-absolutely not.

I don't think it looked good on Madonna, either!

I like the pink dress. Color more than style.

I like the color very much but not the material. Too many creases & wrinkles, IMO.

I agree Stella McCartney is a horror show over priced and yuk !!!!! here's hoping this was a one off for Kate IMHO

First time i do not like something that she uses too shiny and the colour but i must say in Madonna looks mutch better!

Over priced for us common folk, or overpriced for Royalty? I doubt the Duke and Duchess are going to go broke anytime soon, LOL...

roseroyal said:
Over priced for us common folk, or overpriced for Royalty? I doubt the Duke and Duchess are going to go broke anytime soon, LOL...

Overpriced for what it is, not who is buying it....

I like it on Madonna too. I think the evening light and flurry of paparazzi flashes is making it look shinier than normal on Kate. I also think it could do with a bit of tailoring.

McCartney= overrated IMHO.
Color is nice.
Otherwise it is NOT a good choice, I actually think Madonna looks better in the dress than Catherine.
Advice=it should go in the charity bin. :)
Sometimes buying things on sale just really don't work.

I agree with every point of your post, especially about Stella McCartney being overrated.

While it's nice to see some colour on the Duchess, this particular shade isn't the most flattering, IMO. As a matter of fact, NOTHING about this dress is flattering.

The amazing part of all this is how Kate still manages to look newlywed-lovely, despite the dress. :flowers:

Actually , the dress is not bad at all and has a lovely colour. But I don't think, it looks good on Kate. Her hair does not look good also.

The only complaint I have about this dress is that it's so wrinkled. That said, I love seeing her in a bright color that's not blue.

that type of fabric will show any wrinkles, snags and reflects badly when photograph-heads up imo stay with that color but not that fabric plus shes dosent have curves so that style of dress might not suite her until after having a child or two or three or lets keep it even how about four

Not a fan of this particular outfit. I like the color, but not the style of the dress.

I too like seeing her in brighter colors, so I hope she wears some colorful outfits during the upcoming tour.

I like the color and the fabric, but not the tight neckline. This, I'm sure is one of the reasons that the Duchess likes the more flattering v neckline. That one is not flattering.

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:27971101:preview:watermark?v=130d5eaa534

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:27971104:preview:watermark?v=130d5eaa534

At the BBQ-

It's an Issa dress, was previously worn before the wedding w/ the white/cream blazer....her hair looks lovely here

I dont understand why another black/dark outfit, yes it is casual and as William is dressed quite casual this is the perfect dress style, but some color would've been lovely especially as it is summer.
She seems like she is dressing and mourning someone. Sorry but the look doesn't appeal to me.

I wouldnt mind some colour too but all dresses are professional, with a clean cut an no frills. I really like Kate's style although, because of her age, some "young" accessories to pep up wouldnt hurt.

What I find boring indeed is the frozen make-up & hairstyle, it only adds to the "old" or "too mature" look. It is a good idea for women like Camilla, HM, most Queen consorts go for the "frozen" look but Kate is defo too young for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom