Service of Thanksgiving for the Duke of Edinburgh; 29 March 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While watching the song 'All Creatures of Our God and King' I couldn't help but noticing the enthusiastic singing by Savannah and Isla.

While watching the song 'All Creatures of Our God and King' I couldn't help but noticing the enthusiastic singing by Savannah and Isla.

? The Phillips sisters seem to always have a great deal of enthusiasm for all of their activities be it as a bridesmaid, at an equestrian event or at a balcony appearance. I hope that they always approach life with that spirit of enthusiasm!

The girls seem to know the lyrics by heart since they were not looking at the printed order of service while singing.

I am not an Anglican nor a Protestant, but is that hymn well known in Anglican churches?

Yes, it's an extremely well known hymn, so not surprising that the words would be quite familiar.

I also noticed that both Savannah and Isla also knew the words of Oh Guide me thou great redeemer and were singing it heartily!

I noticed this too and no member of the Royal Family knew this important lyric by heart. The Philips gils learned it at School I suppose

We used to sing the football version (of Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer) at school. Well, the headmistress sang the proper version, but the pupils didn't!

Both are well-known hymns, but Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer is traditionally a Welsh Methodist hymn, although it was used in school assemblies at my English, non-religious school.

Perhaps the girls go to church with their father or grandmother the Princess Royal?

Back
Top Bottom