Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 20: April 2023 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice simple outfit but looks even nicer with todays nice neat hairstyle!

Love the skirt, it is a flattering style on her. Agree, those shoes aren’t to my taste at all.

Love the skirt, it is a flattering style on her. Agree, those shoes aren’t to my taste at all.

Agree. Those shoes are a throwback to the style of the 40s and WWII. Look at some of the old black and white movies of that time. If designers are going to copy those days, give us some of the more feminine styles of that time. JMO

Agree. Those shoes are a throwback to the style of the 40s and WWII. Look at some of the old black and white movies of that time. If designers are going to copy those days, give us some of the more feminine styles of that time. JMO
Well said Winnie, those days would have Potential
Thank you for the pics

Its a nice summery dress on Queen Maxima for the Summer photo shoot.

Its a nice summery dress on Queen Maxima for the Summer photo shoot.

It seems to be a top with a skirt; but I like it as well. Although she needs to be careful in not showing her tummy (as even on a beach photo shoot, I don't think that's appropriate for a queen).

Given the importance and seriousness of this day, it is no surprise she made an effort to look impeccable in a dark-colored outfit.

Yep, really really classy. Also subtle things as a nod to the event. Blue is a surinamese mourning colour and the decoration on her hat was inspired by the head scarves worn by slaves.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/koningspaar-bij-herdenking-slavernijverleden/

I don't know where modekoninginmaxima got that information from but I doubt it is true. As far as I am aware blue is not a Surinamese mourning color. There are some differences between ethnic groups but mourning colors here, at least for the Creole population which is most relevant to this particular event, are: white (for the closest family members initially), adding black (for others). After the initial mourning period, mourners might add purple to the mix while still wearing mourning dress (I've seen maroon women do so).

Keti Koti as today is called, is the day in which especially women who commemorate and/or celebrate typically wear traditional clothes (which are colorful and include special head wear). Many women also wear traditional clothes on the days leading up to Keti Koti. For an example of this type of traditional dress, see these children participating in a miss Keti Koti context all wearing traditional clothes.

Last edited:
Beautiful dresses, she knows what suit her.

A great, elegant look by Natan for Queen Maxima at a ceremony for the National Remembrance Day of Slavery in The Oosterpark today, July 1:

A very polished and elegant look on the queen!

HM looks like she could be a television presenter for one of the commercial channels who holidays in Ibiza. The pantalon is very wrinkled.

I think if you about to head out the house in the same outfit as your daughter you should probably change but that is just my opinion

Maxima is wearing a pantsuit, Alexia a blouse and jeans. Quite different clothes.

Her Majesty is already rather tall, interesting that she is wearing platform shoes.

The pants looked vey creased but it was a private visit and nothing too official.

Queen Máxima at the UN headquarters yesterday, August 29, wearing a new Natan dress - nice colour but the material doesn't look that good:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The colour is really lovely but the dress is far too big and ill fitting.

Today, Queen Máxima paid a working visit in connection with the "Recovery Close – Together for Mental Health programme" in Rotterdam, wearing another new combination, including a very colourful blouse and a funny frog hand bag (we'll maybe get better photos of it later on):

** Full view ** Upper part **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom