Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 13: June 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Garden party: Princess Beatrice looked amazing, gorgeous colour on her (..) Eugenie had nice shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The color of Beatrice's dress classes with her hair, even though the dress itself is pretty.
Eugenie looks fine.

Eugenie looks frumpy. Dress is not structured enough.
Beatrice looks amazing!! Great color and style.

Oddly frumpy look from Beatrice which we haven't seen for a while. The black absolutely washes her out.

I love the swishy pleating of the skirt, but I'm not keen on the top or on the color. It's too blah. I also wish her birdcage veil was shaped differently. It looks like she's got a fruit hammock on her head. LOL

The colour is really nice but the fit could be better.
I may be criticized for this comment, but I recall when the Duchess of Sussex was disparaged for wearing olive green to Prince Louis’ christening, July 2018. It was said to be an autumnal colour, unsuitable for summer. (I thought she looked very elegant.)

The pleated skirt is something the always elegant Lady Sarah Chatto could have worn. On Eugenie I think the fitting vould have been a bit better indeed, though the posture doesn't help either. Nontheless the overall look is elegant.

I may be criticized for this comment, but I recall when the Duchess of Sussex was disparaged for wearing olive green to Prince Louis’ christening, July 2018. It was said to be an autumnal colour, unsuitable for summer. (I thought she looked very elegant.)
I don't mind the colour. I'm not sure it is a shade of green that suits Princess Eugenie, though. As for the dress, I think Eugenie looks better in a less tailored style.

I liked this outfit, including the colour.

The pleated skirt is something the always elegant Lady Sarah Chatto could have worn. On Eugenie I think the fitting could have been a bit better indeed, though the posture doesn't help either. Nonetheless the overall look is elegant.
I like the color but I hate the hat.

Re her posture, I'm afraid you forgot she has a spinal condition that was discussed in the comments way back for her wedding dress. My sister-in-law has a similar condition and in the past few years has degenerated to a point she has difficulty being in a car for long drives or even standing up for long periods. Princess Beatrice seems to have a better care of her spinal situation.

And I still hate that hat :cautious:

My understanding is that the criticism of the colour wasn't because it was an autumnal colour (whatever that is) but because the dress code appears to have been clearly blue and cream i.e. everyone else is in either light blue (Pippa) or cream (Catherine, Charlotte, Camilla and Carole) while the men are all in blue suits with blue ties. Meghan simply stood out rather than blended in.

Yes, IMO those pleats make Eugenie look dumpy.
I think pleats make everyone look frumpy - Camilla loves them as well and always looks awful in them.

I'm the odd one out, but I didn't like anything about this dress on Eugenie. The color was blah on her and the fit was horrible. Just didn't see anything flattering this time around.

It’s a very attractive dress. More autumnal than summer, but the climate in the UK has been pretty cold and unseasonable in parts this week.

It’s a very attractive dress. More autumnal than summer, but the climate in the UK has been pretty cold and unseasonable in parts this week.
The weather in London yesterday was anything but summery, so I think the colour of the dress was just fine.

Back
Top Bottom