Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 5: April 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dress is too big/ drapey. Color is blah and blends with her skin.

Not a fan of the color of this dress. The design is nice and looks good, the color blends too much with her own skin tone. I would have loved to have seen this in a lovely dark kelly green on Sofia. And then use the emeralds with her tiara.

A nice all black look on Princess Sofia today :previous:

Princess Sofia at the Peace Prayer for Ukraine at the Stockholm Royal Palace’s Royal Chapel today, February 24 - the hair slightly ruined the otherwise nice look...

** Full view ** Upper part **

Agree. From the neck down she looks great. Her hair looks awful. Sofia is so pretty but her hair is always unflattering and/or messy.

I think her hair looks fine. It looks brushed, it doesn't look matted or dirty. A color refresh wouldn't hurt, but that's it. I think we need to get away from assuming a woman with her hair down is somehow unkempt or unprofessional or not regal. Updos are lovely, but sometimes, we just don't want to wear our hair up, and that's okay.

For me, Sofia's hair is her biggest miss. It is not about her wearing it long vs an up-do, it is about the color and condition, although up-dos tend to be more forgiving when it comes to camouflaging issues.

I never thought that the dark color she had in her 20s and early 30s was her natural color, but I could be totally wrong there. I think that the lighter color she now has, note it is not significantly lighter, suits her better for this stage in her life minus those odd streaks she sports.

Regarding the condition, I'll tread lightly her and just muse out loud that maybe Carl Philip's hair products take up all the space leaving no space for Sofia's.

Had Sofia tied her hair back it would have looked nicer for the church service.

Princess Sofia visiting the European Parliament Intergroup on Children's Rights in Brussels today:

** gallery **

The colour is really lovely but the top part reminds me of a pyjama top.

Another monochrome look on day 2 in Brussels today, April 11:

Princess Sofia attended the Neuropsychiatric Disabilities Forum 2024 in Solna, Sweden today, April 18 - a nice look and great strong shade of pink:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

The dress has a 1960's vibe ,the colour is nice but its not really for a State Visit Welcome Ceremony.

Sofia's dress is pretty, but too summery on a very cold day in Stockholm.
(..)

Sofia's dress is from Finnish brand Andiata.

Last edited:
I assume that the royals decide many weeks in advance what to wear, and everybody thought it would be warm and spring in Stockholm by now. It isn't. Nice nod with the finnish designer, but I think she should have opted for something warmer and wear this on another occasion.

Victoria in white, Sofia in blue = the finnish colours. Makes sense.

I think it's gorgeous; my only issue is the fit around the bust/waist. It makes her look pregnant. If it were fitted at the waist and flared out a little from there, it would look stunning. It's a beautiful color, and it looks good on her with her dark hair.

Not a big fans of this gown as well, but it's one of her few gowns with proper fitting...😬 And no point to wear earrings and necklace if she wears her hair in this way.

Back
Top Bottom