Princess Ingrid Alexandra's Fashion & Style Part 1: January 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm lost for words. :eek:

I'm lost for words. :eek:

I was the same, but I remembered that she's young and she's experimenting with her clothes. Trust me when I say she'll be cringing at a lot of her clothing choices in about 10 years!

Most of the outfit can't even be seen, so I'm not sure what words would apply. The boots look fairly nice on her. It's curious that she decided to pair everything with such a long, dark, heavy coat. You wonder if the coat was her "church outfit".

Not that I'm saying the rest is inappropriate, since the dress code for the event seemed to be "anything".

She's not the only young Princess on the planet, however, she's the only one I've seen wearing tacky high knee boots and a dress above the knee to a confirmation.

I was the same, but I remembered that she's young and she's experimenting with her clothes. Trust me when I say she'll be cringing at a lot of her clothing choices in about 10 years!
Absolutely ! And in 10 years she won't be allowed to wear what she really want, so now just enjoy, girl !

Ingrid Alexandra looking lovely at Christian's birthday dinner today, October 15:

** Full view **

She looked wonderful, but the dress should’ve been fitted at the waist. Maybe it was her mother’s

Her dress was not giving at all. But I love her wearing the Princess Ingeborg‘s Boucheron Cirle Tiara once again. Not to mention the Order of Elephant which was given last year.

The gown just doesn’t fit her well. Also IA looks good with some colour - greys, whites aren’t for her

The color just washes her out. Also the dress was in terrible need of customization as it is clearly too big on her.

Agree with what you all suggested above. And one of my biggest royal fashion pet peeves is wearing a one shoulder gown on one shoulder but the order on another shoulder. I don't care how beautiful the gown is, that's a big no for me.:unsure:

An unfortunate choice indeed. The dress is a nice one and could work with some adjustments but not with the Order of the Elephant - because it is worn on the left shoulder.

The dress could have been tailored slightly better, but I still like it on her a lot. It might have its technical flaws and yet overall I think she still looks rather good.

Its a pretty gown, and nice enough for the occasion, but not a total success. Fortunately for I-A, she is the kind of person who can wear anything and it will look good. Sadly, I have to add this to another unsuccessful rewear of her mothers gown, I didn't like the purple one worn at her own 18th birthday party either. The blue gown worn in her official portraits was the only successful rewear so far. But like I said, she still looks amazing even in an unsuccessful rewear.

The dress could have been tailored slightly better, but I still like it on her a lot. It might have its technical flaws and yet overall I think she still looks rather good.

To me, if the alterations had been tailored better, the dress would have been a success. That said, I think I-A displayed potential as a wearer of courture, lets just give her time to develop her style.

As much as i like Ingrid, this is not a dress i will remember after tonight… But she’s still young and is only attending her 2:nd white tie events so she has plenty of time to find her own style

Ingrid Alexandra looking lovely at Christian's birthday dinner today, October 15:

** Full view **

The best dressed among the young princesses tonight in my humble opinion.

EDIT: I know I am in the minority here, but it is my opinion nonetheless.

As much as i like Ingrid, this is not a dress i will remember after tonight… But she’s still young and is only attending her 2:nd white tie events so she has plenty of time to find her own style

I think her style is "I don't give a *insert expletive* about fashion , that'll do and fits the dresscode "

The dress is just all kinds of wrong on pretty IA. It even makes her appear thick waisted, which heaven knows she is not.

I don't like it when any pretty young princess wears her mother's hand me downs and this time is no exception.:ermm:

Victoria has worn some of Sylvia‘s gowns with great success I think. They are also about the same size and coloring which Ingrid is not.

I think she looked stunning. As she walked I noticed too the wrong fit at the waist, but overall I can say she looks young, elegant and the color doesn’t wash her out as others said.
The jewels match very well, almost like a parure. Well done all!

I really love the hemline on this one and the draping in general. If one only looks at the heirs' picture Ingrid actually looks nicest overall, imho.

Miss IA seems like she was born to have a few more Grecian gowns in her wardrobe.

Sadly, to me it looks exactly what it appears to be, and is. Her Mother's gown, but non altered. Almost dress up.
Mette Marit looked stunning in in when she wore it to Monaco in 2011.

Big Thanks to W.Y. Clll for posting the original.
I just don't understand why nothing was done to tailor it ? It certainly didn't need much to fix. Two places. The shoulder fabric needed to be taken in-up which then would have draped so much better at her bust line. A clean silhouette. Not "droopy" there.

Second a simple snip of the belt to shorten. It wasn't even properly sitting at her waist.
Ingrid Alexandra is a beautiful Girl, who seems lovely. She just though needed guidance in wearing Gown designed for her Mother, with a different body shape. AND taller.

Sadly, to me it looks exactly what it appears to be, and is. Her Mother's gown, but non altered. Almost dress up.
Mette Marit looked stunning in in when she wore it to Monaco in 2011.

Big Thanks to W.Y. Clll for posting the original.
I just don't understand why nothing was done to tailor it ? It certainly didn't need much to fix. Two places. The shoulder fabric needed to be taken in-up which then would have draped so much better at her bust line. A clean silhouette. Not "droopy" there.

Second a simple snip of the belt to shorten. It wasn't even properly sitting at her waist.
Ingrid Alexandra is a beautiful Girl, who seems lovely. She just though needed guidance in wearing Gown designed for her Mother, with a different body shape. AND taller.

Alas, Sonja cannot supervise everything IA wears; MM is not the most superlative role model fashion-wise, and Ingrid may not even know about things like alterations yet, considering she's worn a handful of her mother's things at this point and mostly carried it off pretty well...?

Or maybe she just found it last minute and decided to wear it. (Although it doesn't explain the appearance of the shawl/fabric at her left shoulder which MM didn't seem to have back in the day...)

Last edited:
The dress was a miss for me.

However, I would love for her to debut her grand aunts Vasa tiara for some reason.

The colour of the gown is beautiful and well spotted by our fashion hawks on its debut in Monaco in 2011!

IA in black and white at Slottskapelle today

Full view

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom