Princess Ingrid Alexandra's Fashion & Style Part 1: January 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not have recognized her had she not walked with her brother and greataunt.

Other than that, I don't like her dress at all. Such a really high split doesn't look good on anyone.

(..) Good heavens. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not have recognized her had she not walked with her brother and greataunt.

Other than that, I don't like her dress at all. Such a really high split doesn't look good on anyone.

It's a little bit sexy

I'm guessing this one is not a repeat from her mother. (?)

Technically it's a private event and she looks gorgeous as ever, but the combo of the very low neckline and the very high slit make the dress kinda déclassé. She obviously got cold since she had to wear a shawl at dinner. I hope she enjoyed herself; I just also hope these won't be making her way into her official clothes.

Oddly, here I see a resemblance to a younger Madeleine of Sweden.

Last edited:
The Princess is still very young, and after all, to find out what suits you and what doesn’t means a bit of experimenting with different styles. All the same, I agree with other observations here, that a high, thigh split and a low neckline doesn’t really make for a great look, unless you’re on the red carpet at a Hollywood event or similar.

Last edited:
(..) The dress is very tight around the midsection (..) She needs lessons on how to dress age appropriate while maintaining class and elegance.

Ingrid has managed to dress herself just fine for about every occasion before this.

(..)

Edit: The dress is definitively not an MM repeat; it's a brand called Reformation. It works slightly better on the model, who has less of a figure up top, compared to IA.

She looks great. Is that one of MM's old dresses?

In the photos she looks so much like her paternal Aunt & Dad, but you also see her Mom.

I don't mind the neckline or the split but the dress seems a bit too tight on her.

I don't mind the neckline or the split but the dress seems a bit too tight on her.

She doesn't have a long torso so she will need to become aware that even with her athleticism, tight clingy things around the middle will not be friendly to her.

I am sure Bestemor Seamstress Designer Sonja will be able to gently remind her.

Last edited:
Sorry but the slit on the dress is too high and the neckline too low

(..)

She doesn't have a long torso so she will need to become aware that even with her athleticism, tight clingy things around the middle will not be friendly to her.

I am sure Bestemor Seamstress Designer Sonja will be able to gently remind her.
Yes, the neckline is a little too deep and the split is far too high but IMO anything over six inches on anything less than a full-length evening gown is a tad tacky.

IMHO, IA is young, happy and bursting with joy. She has an enviable athletic build and height but, this dress was an unadulterated disaster on her so, what happened? The first photos seem to show nothing really wrong but the high slit but, moving around and actually wearing the dress showed that if you are going to wear a close fitted dress, your undergarments need to be purpose made. Regardless of the coathangers walking the runway, real women have shape and sometimes shapewear is essential no matter how old you are.

The dress is very pretty but the slit is unacceptable for both her age and position. She is an adult royal princess and future Queen.
I would expect an intelligent alteration kind of: letting the slit as it is and adding a wonderful piece of fabric inside.

She is a young woman who is at an age where she should be experimenting with fashion.

Was the slit a little high - maybe as she was going to get photographed at this event. Probably better to keep it for a night out with friends.

(..)

I do think some clothes are more or less appropriate to specific events and that may be stated. Whether the person wearing less appropriate attire is a man or woman is irrelevant.

Had Sverre Magnus decided to come in shorts (inappropriate for this occassion imho) that would have been commented on as well. Being a woman is no free out of jail card in that nobody is ever to comment on the appropriateness of your attire.

Was the slit too high? I would say yes. Was the neckline too low? Probably yes. The color was lovely and the shape was good, it just needed to be fitted better to her body, and the skirt and neckline altered as well. Some need to remember that she is young, not twenty yet, if I'm not mistaken, and she is still learning what she can and can't wear to official events such as this. (..)

The dress is not ugly. I like its color and design, though I agree that it is less appropriate for that event. It also looks tight around the torso, which is unflattering.

But she is young and experimenting. (..) It was a bad choice for that event, but she will find her style in due time.

I don't think the dress is awful, I just think it's incorrect for the event it was worn at. This is to be expected with any of the young adult princesses- they are still learning and experimenting. We all did the same!

It's very on trend, and if it were a night out with friends I would say she looks great. This type of high slit looks okay when you are trying it on and not moving. It's when you are photographed walking that the slit reveals so much leg. I would guess that IA already has realized that this is not the best cut for these events.

I am happy to see her not wearing her mother's old dresses.

A number of inappropriate and insulting comments have been removed. Please stay respectful to the people you discuss and as several members here have perfectly shown: it is possible to discuss a fashion choice one dislikes in a respectful manner!

Please do also note that replies to the deleted posts and comments and posts discussing the inappropriate and insulting comments consequently had to be removed as well. Thank you for your understanding!

I don't subscribe to this "she is young and is experimenting " idea. It makes no sense.

The Norwegian monarchy wasn't formed yesterday. Ingrid- Alexandra has the example of her grandmother Queen Sonja who has always been the epitome of elegance and class. Plus I'm sure there are advisors and courtiers who can steer her in the right direction.

Sure it is a "private event", however there are recordings and photos being taken. A member of the royal family especially the heir should always carry themselves with class and dignity. A low cut dress featuring her bikini top tan lines and a super high thigh split is simply inappropriate for any young woman let alone a future queen.

I must say, I was curious to see the dress based on the intense dislike of it expressed here and came away rather puzzled. The dress isn’t my favorite but it mostly looks fine. I like the color.

A member of the royal family especially the heir should always carry themselves with class and dignity. A low cut dress featuring her bikini top tan lines and a super high thigh split is simply inappropriate for any young woman let alone a future queen.

Since Ingrid is radiantly beautiful, composed, and an asset to the gathering despite wearing a chilly dress and showing her tan lines to the fixated, I suppose "class and dignity" are in the eye of the beholder.

Telling "any young woman" how they ought to dress is also a bit outside the bounds of this thread.

Perhaps HRH The Princess realizes, at her young age, that regardless of the event, whether public or private, formal or informal, family-based or government-based, etc., that any outfit she wears will be scrutinized no matter how conservative or liberal it is, so she decided to wear whatever she wanted. I thought the dress looked beautiful and inline with what a 19-year old woman would wear for her parents' birthday party.

Since Ingrid is radiantly beautiful, composed, and an asset to the gathering despite wearing a chilly dress and showing her tan lines to the fixated, I suppose "class and dignity" are in the eye of the beholder.

Telling "any young woman" how they ought to dress is also a bit outside the bounds of this thread.

No one criticized Ingrid Alexandra's beauty or whether or not she is an asset to "the gathering". People just criticized her rather unfortunate appearance.

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to their opinion on how any young woman should dress. In this case, I was speaking of Ingrid-Alexandra as this thread is indeed titled the "Princess Ingrid Alexandra Fashion & Style...etc". Therefore I am entitled to share my views and opinions on the Princess' style and fashion.

I must say, I was curious to see the dress based on the intense dislike of it expressed here and came away rather puzzled. The dress isn’t my favorite but it mostly looks fine. I like the color.

I liked the dress over all. The slit was maybe a bit too far up, but she certainly can pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom