Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and Current Events Part 1: January 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's interesting that Magnus, Princess Ingrid Alexandra's boyfriend, attended.

It is.

To me that says it's a serious relationship, but also given the NRFs more relaxed attitude not something we should put too much into.

To me this is saying: Yep, they are having a steady and serious relationship and we like and approve of him and you are going to see more of him. But don't expect an engagement any day soon.

Its not like it was some official royal event. Or even royal family event.

Ingrid was attending a private event for her cousin who is a private citizen. So yeah her boyfriend came along. Now if he attended Christmas church with the family or such that would be surprising at this point.

It's interesting that Magnus, Princess Ingrid Alexandra's boyfriend, attended.

was this the same one from the graduation?

You know, every young royal ladies must have been "inspired by Kate" or have Kate as role model at a certain point...... even the toddler Leonor has been "inspired by Kate" according to some press ......*eyesroll*

The fact is they are some generic clothes and some common styles. That's it.

execpt ingrid actually own actual outfits that kate had ((not the same excat ones but she did clearly bought the same type from the brand store))

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: And? Wearing some brands that someone else has worn hardly mean she is "inspired" by that person. Or they just have similar style. :flowers:

Glad to see the NRF there to support this young artist, granddaughter and cousin.

Is it the same apartment that Haakon bought in September 2000, where he lived with Mette-Marit and Marius before they moved to Skaugum?

https://fotos.web.sapo.io/i/Gbc17e62f/22395277_zMBVM.jpeg
No, it isn't ?

--------------------

Ingrid and her boyfriend Magnus Heien Haugstad are, according to Se og Hør, living together in Ingrid's apartment on Grünerløkka east in Oslo.

Read more here (link). Google translation (link).

And yes, the Norwegian Se og Hør is a gossip-mag, but they are much more serious in their coverage of the NRF than what Danish Se og Hør is of the DRF. And the serious and vell-renowned royal historian Trond Norén Isaksen is quoted in the article.

Se og Hør also writes that Ingrid and Magnus have recently been observed together both in a coffee shop and in other places on Grünerløkka. And that Magnus has been holidaying with the CP-Family and that his parents have been introduced to the Royal Family.

Weeeell, Ingrid is only 19 (she turns 20 in a month) and starts her year-long military training in January, which will be followed by university, so I think Se og Hør should wait 4/5 years before they start planning their wedding coverage! LOL

I feel like in many other places if the teenage heiress (possibly even “heir of either gender who has not yet been to the military or university”) was shacking up with someone, it would be a fuss — if not a scandal.

I feel like in many other places if the teenage heiress (possibly even “heir of either gender who has not yet been to the military or university”) was shacking up with someone, it would be a fuss — if not a scandal.

Undoubtedly. If this were in Spain, the United Kingdom or even Denmark it would be a mess. In Spain the press was going to make her life hell.
But I think she's too young to already live with her boyfriend.

Last edited:

I do too, but she’s a very independent and strong-minded young woman and it’s not like living with a partner is uncommon in Norway.

I just wonder, what will she do for a year by herself in the military? Will she gain the experience of living on her own at university or abroad, or will she never have that?

In the Norwegian military 5-6 persons share a room in the barracks, boys and girls together. Also most students in Norway share appartments or student houses with other students, living by yourself is not a luxury most students can afford, or even want.

Remember that this magazine also wrote that Ingrid Alexandra would not go to the military, but would go to the UK this august to study to be close to her BF, one day later her military plans and work at Uranienborg school was anounced.

Her bf lives in the UK where he studies and he is not finnished the magazine even writes thenselves. IMO its exaggerated, And the royal experts asked might be experts on royals and history, maybe not so much on teenagers and how they think and behave…when Haakon and Mette-Marit moved in together it was anounced by the palace. Here it is the usual no comment on the private lives. Se og Hør just want an excuse to take more papparazzi photos of them because they know she sells, and somehow the experts obliged and said it was of public interest…

According to the home page of the Brigade North she starts her recruit in the military 9-10 of january so it is certainly a very shorttime arrangement.

Last edited:
Undoubtedly. If this were in Spain, the United Kingdom or even Denmark it would be a mess. In Spain the press was going to make her life hell.

Except we all can recall that William & Kate shared an apartment for at least a couple of years while they were at St Andrews twenty years ago. Something tells me there won't be a problem in the UK if George does the same.

Can understand that you may think that. But she is almost 20 and already lives in her own apartment. So nothing wrong IMO that she's having her boyfriend living there with her.

--------------------

I do too, but she’s a very independent and strong-minded young woman and it’s not like living with a partner is uncommon in Norway.
Not uncommon at all in liberal and modern Norway to live with your partner when you're 20. And he is 23.

--------------------

Remember that this magazine also wrote that Ingrid Alexandra would not go to the military, but would go to the UK this august to study to be close to her BF, one day later her military plans and work at Uranienborg school was anounced.
Yes, and they were probably just taking a guess because her boyfriend was studying in the UK. (Would have loved to have seen their faces when they found out they were wrong. LOL.)

Her bf lives in the UK where he studies and he is not finnished the magazine even writes thenselves.
Yes, a weird article! They write that he is scheduled to finish his studies at Lancaster University Management School in June. How can he then be living with Ingrid? Well, most likely they are just living together when he is in Norway, which is not the same at all.

But Se og Hør also writes that he is working at Front Ocean Management at Aker Brygge in Oslo at the same time as he is studying in the UK. Hmmmm, sounds a bit weird (perhaps he is doing some work for them in the UK).

when Haakon and Mette-Marit moved in together it was anounced by the palace. Here it is the usual no comment on the private lives.
Haakon was the heir.
Ingrid is not, and she is only 20, so I don't think the court would have commented on it even if Ingrid and Magnus were living together.

Se og Hør just want an excuse to take more papparazzi photos of them because they know she sells, and somehow the experts obliged and said it was of public interest…
Agree that Se og Hør just wanted an excuse to take more photos of her, but doubt that Trond Norén Isaksen obliged to anything.
And yes, he does write some articles for them about history and stuff, but doubt they have any control over what he says to them. I mean, he is used by NRK and VG as well (and used to be a commentator at TV2).

--------------------

And to those who may wonder what kind of magazine Se og Hør is? Well, as I've written before here on TRF, they are a controversial/unreliable gossip mag! But as I said in my previous post, they are much more serious in their coverage of the NRF than what Danish Se og Hør is of the DRF (I mean the Danish version is just pure vile).

And the Norwegian version IMO also has a very good royal reporter/expert in Caroline Vagle, who seems very proper/reliable. - And she's used by TV2 and other media outlets here as well.

Their other main royal expert OTOH, Anders Johan Stavseng, is very good when it comes to exaggerations, whether it is when he is writing/talking about wars between British/Danish royal family members, etc (stories, most likely taken from the British tabloids and even worse, Danish Se og Hør). He has also said in an interview with the media-paper Journalisten that he ''elsker britiske tabloid-titler med krasse og morsomme ordspill'' (''loves British tabloid titles with crass and funny wordplays'').

Last edited:
Except we all can recall that William & Kate shared an apartment for at least a couple of years while they were at St Andrews twenty years ago. Something tells me there won't be a problem in the UK if George does the same.

That's a communal living situation which isn't usually viewed the same as living alone with a romantic partner, whatever the truth of the relationships. And iirc Kate wasn't even known to be his girlfriend until after that, at which point the tabloids pounced. If they had known William was living with his girlfriend, she would have never had any peace while she lived with him, at all.

He has also said in an interview with the media-paper Journalisten that he ''elsker britiske tabloid-titler med krasse og morsomme ordspill'' (''loves British tabloid titles with crass and funny wordplays'').

I mean, I don't like a lot of British tabloid content, presentation or methods. But their headlines do tend to be masterpieces.

Last edited:
Her bf lives in the UK where he studies and he is not finnished the magazine even writes thenselves. IMO its exaggerated, And the royal experts asked might be experts on royals and history, maybe not so much on teenagers and how they think and behave…when Haakon and Mette-Marit moved in together it was anounced by the palace. Here it is the usual no comment on the private lives. Se og Hør just want an excuse to take more papparazzi photos of them because they know she sells, and somehow the experts obliged and said it was of public interest…

According to Magnus' LinkedIn page he is currently living in Oslo, Norway, and has has been doing an internship in Oslo since September. I assume that is part of his Bachlor in Business Analytics and Management Sciences at Lancaster University that he lists with a time frame from 2021 until 2025.

https://no.linkedin.com/in/magnus-heien-haugstad

:previous:

Yes! So I think we can now be pretty sure that Se og Hør was right about Ingrid and Magnus living together.

The online newspaper Nettavisen has been asking the palace about it and unsurprisingly got the same response as Se og Hør: ''Vi kommenterer ikke kongefamiliens privatliv'' (''We don't comment on the Royal Family's private life'').

Read more here (link). Google translation (link).

And I hope the Norwegian media don't start having any weird wedding dreams because then their dreams will be crushed!
I mean, the 20-year-old Ingrid starts her year-long military training in January, which will almost certainly be followed by university, so I don't think the media should be hopeful of any wedding for at least 4 or 5 years (and they may have broken up by then).

In the Norwegian military 5-6 persons share a room in the barracks, boys and girls together.

What? So, it might happen, that Princess Ingrid Alexandra will be accomodated at the military with five blokes in a little room? What?

:previous: It's not that weird really, since most barracks have cubicles with space for showering and for dressing/undressing and they have the normal lock that shows the cubicle is in use.

The only downside I see is that those who had previously slept sans PJ's will now need to cover up.

What? So, it might happen, that Princess Ingrid Alexandra will be accomodated at the military with five blokes in a little room? What?
No, no woman sleeps alone with only men, but it might be 2 women and 4 men, and as there are many more men, there might be all-mens room. But yes the barracks in Skjold camp are rather sparse and old with with bunk beds and problems relating to mold and bad ventilation that has led to alot of nose bleeds amongst the recruits, though the ones used be in the ingeneer-troop are not the worst. As I have read the arrangement with both sexes in the rooms are popular, as it was reviewed after some cases of sexual harassment of women in the army.
Some service places has all-women rooms

https://www.forsvaretsforum.no/bard...serne-det-blir-problematisk-a-leve-her/296358

https://www.aftenposten.no/norge/i/Pv667/ti-kvinner-gir-raad-slik-er-det-aa-vaere-kvinne-i-forsvaret

The thought is thought is as I understand it, that if it is really war it is not realistic with all womens and all mens sleeping quarters.

Of course they might have to make some other arrangements considering her police protection, who knows, and they for sure will not tell

Last edited:
An article about her military training that starts in a few days in very cold and quite remote Skjold camp in the nothern Norway. The Brigade North and 2. batallion whcih she is joining is recomended by the deffense for those who wants an active and physical service with much time outside.

https://www.nrk.no/norge/prinsesse-ingrid-alexandra-klar-for-forsvaret-1.16671221
This summer, the Royal Palace announced that from January Princess Ingrid Alexandra will serve her initial service in Brigade Nord in Indre Troms.

- She has chosen to join the Armed Forces. She will be in the Engineer Battalion at Skjold for a twelve-month initial service. So it will be exciting, says Crown Prince Haakon now.

The camp is located in Øverbygd in Målselv - where the lowest measured temperature in March 2023 was 20 degrees Celsius(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me 'an old school', but I don't like that a royal heiress, especially that young, is living in the apartment with her boyfriend. :ermm: I know her parents lived like hippish couple before the wedding and I didn't like this either, but at least they were both well into their 20s at that time. :whistling:

Call me 'an old school', but I don't like that a royal heiress, especially that young, is living in the apartment with her boyfriend. :ermm: I know her parents lived like hippish couple before the wedding and I didn't like this either, but at least they were both well into their 20s at that time. :whistling:

Well, she’s gone to the military for the year, so she isn’t, right now.

She has startes on the recruit program in the beginning of this week. Maybe they will release some photos for her 20th birthday on januar 21st.

Indeed, but you don't need to worry, Norwegian women are strong, straight and independant, much more than in other europ. countries. So, if someone will be in trouble its likely to be a man ;) equality and transparancy is typifying Norge.

To those worrying about Ingrid living with her boyfriend (I do not know), if so this is too very common practice, sexual moral is not what it might be in your country. Women go for what they want, very direct, men are often shy and used that Norwegian girls do the first step towards a romance.
Just to give you a little impression of how Norwegians work ;)

Indeed, but you don't need to worry, Norwegian women are strong, straight and independant, much more than in other europ. countries. So, if someone will be in trouble its likely to be a man ;) equality and transparancy is typifying Norge.

While I don't see any problem with Ingrid or other female students/soldiers sharing a room with young men I also don't think that the reason for that is the "strength of Norwegian women". I think that statement is almost bordering on victim blaming and deeply disrespectful to women who don't feel or in fact are not safe in similar situations (in Norway or anywhere)- even when I am sure that that was not your intention.

She doesn't look that enthusiastic about it. Although probably she is just hoping the cameras are gone quickly so that she can get started with her new life.

Back
Top Bottom