New member hello

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellywrites

City
Bluffton, South Carolina
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Kelly. I'm a new member with an interest in the Swedish and Danish monarchies. I write historical fiction and love researching Napoleonic-era history and translating old letters. Happy Holidays from Connecticut USA!

Bonjour, Kelly! There is certainly a lot of historic events in the Swedish and Danish monarchies.

:wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath:

Welcome to the TRF!!

Hi, I'm Kelly. I'm a new member with an interest in the Swedish and Danish monarchies. I write historical fiction and love researching Napoleonic-era history and translating old letters. Happy Holidays from Connecticut USA!

Hello Kelly :flowers: from us north of Connecticut!

We lived in CT until retirement in 2020 and move to Upstate NY in 2021. As former West Hartford resident, for over three decades, I'm happy to see a fellow CT join the RFs family. By the way, life up here, and far from the downstate NYC/ tri-State region, is less expensive than in CT. My former co-workers telling me to stay in CT were all wrong! ?

Re your love for the Napoleonic Era. Back in Hartford/West Hartford city line in Connecticut there was an old used book store I used to get history and royal books in the 1980s and 1990s until they closed it down. It was called The Jumping Frog, after a children's story name I believe from Mark Twain's books. The store now exists online.

Well, in that store I found lots of Napoleonic books and my crown jewel was the Memoirs of Madame Remussat. An 18th century hard cover I believe I paid less that $5.00 for. I still have it. In this book she writes about all the events she witnessed in the Napoleonic court. I'm sure if you do a search, you might find an available copy free to read online or to download, since its public domain, for any research.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom