Netflix Docu-Series of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (2022)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a million dollars and I'm not even getting my own salt shaker? That's it, i'm not going... :lol:

If you go, I hope you get with a gift bag any spare of the 500 Cuyana bags Meghan has been promoting as charity giveaways recently. Plus a 10% discount coupon code for a copy of Harry's book 'SPARE' ;)

Last edited:
Netflix says Harry & Meghan will see the Duke and Duchess of Sussex “share the other side of their high-profile love story.”, adding: “Across six episodes, the series explores the clandestine days of their early courtship and the challenges that led to them feeling forced to step back from their full-time roles in the institution.”

https://deadline.com/video/harry-and-meghan-netflix-first-look-at-doc-series/

I wonder how many times this makes that they’ve discussed the “challenges” that led them to quit their roles as working members of the royal family. (I feel the need to fix the description too.) I thought this was a subject they were only going to discuss once. Lol we’re way past that.

How many times does this need to be regurgitated? Seriously. This was a short period of time. Meghan has been out now longer than she was ever a working member. Move on already. Do they not have anything else to talk about?

Their “clandestine”courtship? lol How many months was it kept private? I really don’t recall. What a word choice.

6 episodes?! You’ve got to be kidding. I’m sure not putting my time into watching this. Particularly this time of year. I’m sure the media will amply cover anything relevant.

And- frankly- I’m pretty tired of these two. Just over it. All of it.

Last edited:
Can’t wait. Perfect December weekend treat before Christmas in between all the glorious out out evenings. Who cares! The royals won’t be damaged. I watched the Royal mob recently and the historian said the British royal family were the only ones to survive because they are endlessly pragmatic and a bit ruthless. They still are. They will survive. In the end the only people that are being hurt by this show is the Sussexes. The Royals will just continue on. Where exactly do Harry and Meghan think this will get them. Oh that’s right money

"they have had the testimonies of family and friends -many of whom had never spoken publicly about the Dukes of Sussex-"

Quite sure not one family member from Harry has spoken to the producers, so who could it be? Doria? As for friends, again cannot see any of Harry's British pals speaking to the producers either. So, it will be a one-sided (Meghan) story and her enclave in Montecito.

"they have had the testimonies of family and friends -many of whom had never spoken publicly about the Dukes of Sussex-"

Quite sure not one family member from Harry has spoken to the producers, so who could it be? Doria? As for friends, again cannot see any of Harry's British pals speaking to the producers either. So, it will be a one-sided (Meghan) story and her enclave in Montecito.

Well yes exactly, unless Princess Eugenie spoke (seriously doubt) I am quite sure that no one on Harry’s mother or fathers side spoke. And she has one family member she speaks too. They may have gotten interviews from others, not okayed by Harry or Meghan. None of Harry’s British friends would have talked. Again I could be gloriously wrong and they all lined up. Obviously Omid will be there.

Oh, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that some of Harry's Spencer cousins (his Uncle Charles' kids) might have agreed to interviews. I'd be surprised if his mother's sisters or their children did, though.

Six episodes! Blimey.

Netflix should have made it into a fly on the wall mocumentary. They'd have made a killing!

Oh, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that some of Harry's Spencer cousins (his Uncle Charles' kids) might have agreed to interviews. I'd be surprised if his mother's sisters or their children did, though.

To be honest neither Harry or William has a close relationship with Spencer cousins. They grew up in South Africa, no connections to royal family whatsoever outside some public events. Harry and Meghan didn't even attend Kitty Spencer's wedding...So I highly doubt they will be involved.

For all their talk about privacy, they have been releasing more and more private photographs of themselves. And I'm also not surprised the trailer of the documentary is being released now, Harry & Meghan has always been consistent with releasing stuff whenever other royals are doing something big.

What is your point? There's a vast difference between having your privacy invaded and sharing pictures on your own terms.

Dropping the trailer to coincide with Will and Kate's US visit just screams "Look at us!!! Look at us!!!"

Fairly naive to think H&M had a say in when a multimillion dollar corporation releases a trailer for a long-anticipated programme.

Harry used to go clubbing with Kitty back in the day…but I don’t think they are close. Don’t think he knows the others really. And Kitty had none of the Spencer’s at her wedding. She seems estranged now.

Docu-series...a posh word for fly on the wall TV?

My mum is visiting me for a week from tomorrow and this will be perfect last night together viewing. Joyous.

What is your point? There's a vast difference between having your privacy invaded and sharing pictures on your own terms.

I think people are pointing out that there’s a difference between wanting to live your life more privately, which many people sympathized with when Harry and Meghan first left the royal family, and wanting to control your public story and profit from it.

To many, it looks like this couple is actually letting the press in to intimate spaces (such as their relationship with each other and their families) in ways that are at odds with really wanting to live a healthier, more private life.

Sure, they are controlling the story, up to a point. But it feels a little like reality tv now, and many of us don’t understand how Prince Harry went from despising the media to doing a reality show about his family relationships.

I wonder if Harry thinks his Aunt Anne, Uncle Edward and Uncle Andrew had some of the “highest profile love stories in history” because I bet the answer would be no.

I also bet he wouldn’t understand that he’s really no different to them in the grand scheme of things.

This sounds absurd to me.

They think their relationship was especially high profile in history? (They must not know much imo.lol) For fun- I’ve started a mental list of couples that actually are.

Meghan is talking about the “high stakes” of this. Really?! And they’ve talked so much about themselves already. This is not exactly a first.

And yet….these comments explain so much.

Last edited:
I think people are pointing out that there’s a difference between wanting to live your life more privately, which many people sympathized with when Harry and Meghan first left the royal family, and wanting to control your public story and profit from it.

To many, it looks like this couple is actually letting the press in to intimate spaces (such as their relationship with each other and their families) in ways that are at odds with really wanting to live a healthier, more private life.

Sure, they are controlling the story, up to a point. But it feels a little like reality tv now, and many of us don’t understand how Prince Harry went from despising the media to doing a reality show about his family relationships.

Actually, the quoted comment I highlighted in the post that you've quoted specifically mentions them sharing "private photographs of themselves". And that was what I responded to ?

Well, I’ve just seen the trailer for the Netflix series and I’m intrigued about what the couple will have to say. And I’m not drawing any conclusions about the show until after I’ve seen it in its entirety. Every episode. Trailers for films or TV tell you nothing much about the actual content you’ll be seeing later.

Fairly naive to think H&M had a say in when a multimillion dollar corporation releases a trailer for a long-anticipated programme.

Fairly naive to forget the other occasions that Harry and Megan have intentionally done or said something to steal the thunder from another royal event.

Well someone took a deliberate decision to release it today. I suppose Netflix want to generate as much interest as possible & a narrative around warring brothers suits their commercial agenda.

If they do attack the monarchy then they will not be welcome in this country by an awful lot of people & The King would be well advised to take heed of that.

Fairly naive to forget the other occasions that Harry and Megan have intentionally done or said something to steal the thunder from another royal event.

I guess that's why she said what she said in her last interview (Variety? Varity?). It's never their fault, it's either us misunderstand their words or they have no control on the editing, from Oprah to the Cut interview to this documentary. Perhaps (if we can call it) their only fault is that they're too trusting.

In fact, if I'm a betting person, if this documentary backfire, we'd hear something along the way of "they doesn't mean it that way, it's the editing and the Sussexes have no control whatsoever of it".

It's hard not to think the release of this trailer during the tour of the Wales's as anything but intentional. That leaves a rather sour taste. The trailer was shown on Sky News today so I watched it and it doesn't look appealing to me, however, I also don't really follow this couple. I will be curious to see how it is received by the public and media once released.

I wonder how many times this makes that they’ve discussed the “challenges” that led them to quit their roles as working members of the royal family. (I feel the need to fix the description too.) I thought this was a subject they were only going to discuss once. Lol we’re way past that.

How many times does this need to be regurgitated? Seriously. This was a short period of time. Meghan has been out now longer than she was ever a working member. Move on already. Do they not have anything else to talk about?

Their “clandestine”courtship? lol How many months was it kept private? I really don’t recall. What a word choice.

6 episodes?! You’ve got to be kidding. I’m sure not putting my time into watching this. Particularly this time of year. I’m sure the media will amply cover anything relevant.

And- frankly- I’m pretty tired of these two. Just over it. All of it.

It all started with Oprah, the USA TV queen of exploitation passed as news. Her interview was to look for a selling point in the life of the stranger that made sure she had a seat at her royal weeding. Race is a big issue in the USA every single day, so when Oprah cornered her for a good quote like the great tabloid interviewer she is. Then the unverified claim of one of Harry's relatives wondering what the child would look like became like a heat seeking missile to sell the ads for the bombshell interview, and probably increase the fee on ads shown within the show.

And it worked out so well seems they took the hint self-pity sells well on TV and, per NY Times, added a value of 100 million dollars to get a full version of the story produced on the one quote exploited by Oprah on TV. ?

Enter series producers Liz Garbus, her business partner Rory Kennedy and Rory's sister Kerry Kennedy. This threesome suspiciously marketed the Netflix series to match close to the date Kerry bestows on Meghan and Harry the Ripple of Hope Award for their courage in opposing racism within the Royal Family.

All this coming out after the dead of the beloved Queen Elizabeth who passed away not aware on Meghan and Harry had the courage in opposing racism within her family nucleus of Charles, Camilla, Will and Kate, the York princesses, Edward and Sophie, and don't forget Princess Anne.

I just wish the series, or Harry and Meghan, points the finger at exactly the person they use to sell the claim of institutionalized racism so we don't have to wait for an updated series from the H&M couple in their 70s when William becomes king.

Last edited:
Can’t wait. Perfect December weekend treat before Christmas in between all the glorious out out evenings. Who cares! The royals won’t be damaged. I watched the Royal mob recently and the historian said the British royal family were the only ones to survive because they are endlessly pragmatic and a bit ruthless. They still are. They will survive. In the end the only people that are being hurt by this show is the Sussexes. The Royals will just continue on. Where exactly do Harry and Meghan think this will get them. Oh that’s right money

It may get them money in the short term, but long term?

In a way, I'm glad they are doing this, because afterwards, they have taken their shot and are out of ammunition.

All signs point to the public becoming bored with the perpetual victimhood.

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited! More stuff with TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex! A closer look at their fairytale tale romance? More details about their escape from the British Royal Family? Totally awesome! Sign me up!

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited! More stuff with TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex! A closer look at their fairytale tale romance? More details about their escape from the British Royal Family? Totally awesome! Sign me up!

I agree! I can't wait for Harry to compare living in the BRF to the Truman Show (again!) while he has Netflix cameras following him around and showing them his intimate pictures.

I can't wait until they talk about what venomous monsters the Markle family was for trash talking Meghan and using her name for cash, while they trash talk Harry's relatives and are already using pictures of William and Catherine in their show advertising.

I can't wait until they talk about the racist micro aggressions they faced while promoting the slur-using Harry. Because Harry's victims don't have an epic love story and publicity drive so they aren't real victims.

And I can't wait to see them push their titles to the forefront while complaining that people should be linked not ranked.

I can't wait for them to say they had only two children to protect the planet while cameras follow them on their rotation of private jets.

Like you, I'm excited that we will see the true characters of HRHs The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

I'm curious as to what the "stakes" are? And I love that the preview conveniently released during the Wales' visit to Boston.

I was hoping the media wouldn't turn the Sussex and Wales events into a Royal version of the Dueling Banjos.

But I suppose it was inevitable. I never, ever foresaw this happening a decade ago. So sad.:sad:

I was hoping the media wouldn't turn the Sussex and Wales events into a Royal version of the Dueling Banjos.

But I suppose it was inevitable. I never, ever foresaw this happening a decade ago. So sad.:sad:

You can't really blame the media when the Sussexes release their Invictus clip during Day 1 and then release their reality show clip during Day 2. Even their own mouthpiece Omid promoted that deliberate timing as the Sussex being the Wales' half-time show. For the media to pretend it isn't hostility and blatant sibling rivalry from Harry, it would require them selling themselves a bridge in Brooklyn .

You can't really blame the media when the Sussexes release their Invictus clip during Day 1 and then release their reality show clip during Day 2. Even their own mouthpiece Omid promoted that deliberate timing as the Sussex being the Wales' half-time show. For the media to pretend it isn't hostility and blatant sibling rivalry from Harry, it would require them selling themselves a bridge in Brooklyn .

I agree that the media wouldn't be promoting this if it had not been okayed for release. It's really become very sad and pathetic that the Sussexes are choosing to compete on this level. :sad:

It really is terribly sad. A decade ago, William and Harry seemed so close and important to each other. Appearances may have been deceiving, but I think everyone wanted better for both of them than this.

It really is terribly sad. A decade ago, William and Harry seemed so close and important to each other. Appearances may have been deceiving, but I think everyone wanted better for both of them than this.

Yes. There are many posters here who were certainly supportive of the couple when they first announced their engagement in 2017, but sadly the Sussexes' behavior has definitely impacted how they're viewed five years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom