King Abdullah & Queen Rania & Family: Current News & Pictures Part 15

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is poverty in all countries in the world, whether that be absolute poverty or relative poverty.

I fail to see how appearing in tabloid magazines such as Hello in any way assuages the problems in Jordan. I personally don't look at a pic of QR in yet another designer gown or in a magazine and automatically make the connection that Jordan is really being reformed - Unless you totally believe everything you read and never ask questions, I fail to see how you can swallow the PR for the Hasemites. Not just the Hashemites but others too. As for human rights, well I think Tunisia started to lead the way there quite a few years ago. Mohammed 6th has started a huge programme of real reforms in Morocco that are being closely monitored by many different agencies and he is acknowledged as actually having the drive and will to push these things through. It suits Abdullah to keep the Jordanian people in an almost 'infantile' state and believing that they can't manage their own affairs without him.

I do put more of the blame for problems in Jordan at Abdullah's feet for it is HE who has the power.

As for campaigns to change things in Jordan, well they are just that, campaigns. I don't see real progress and neither do several respected international agencies. How can one stand up in the international arena and be garlanded with awards when one knows that one's own police torture people??? Just as an example.

To compare Iraq to Jordan is totally disingenuous and displays a real lack of knowledge of the region and the geo-political reality of the ME. For a start, Iraq is much more diverse and has a totally different history. Iraq is more like the former Yugoslavia than Jordan and like the former Yugoslavia when Tito died and it fragmented into factional fighting so with Iraq and the removal of the regime that it's people had lived under for 30 odd years.

As for Abdullah being concerned with human rights, well he didn't exactly say no to the free oil from Saddam Hussein or the partying with that evil animal Uday Hussein (there are pics to show this on the web)

Their talk about human rights is a joke and as for the 'children' work Rania does, well that doesn't make her special, nearly every royal woman does that and it is only a case of showing your face, doing a few tours, eating nice food, staying oin top hotels, having people fawn over one and occasionally putting an idea forward. Like all figureheads, it isn't Rania who does the 'real' work on these projects and the JRF is a continuation of an idea/project originally thought up by Queen Noor.

If only Rania and Abdullah would stop chasing the media and trying to represent themselves as something that they quite obviously are not!! It is quite insulting to the intelligence really (if you fall for the spin that is)

I prefer to look beyond the glitz and glamour and the hype and I am afraid that once I have done that, I see no substance to this couple. I think if Rania didn't have to metaphorically 'stand behind' her husband, then she might push the agenda a bit more but she won't rock the boat or maybe a divorce would await her.

Nad25 said:
Queen Rania cant besically win, if she goes on public and admitts borrowing cloths form designers that means shes not paying a penny still people's not happy about that! If she spends (oh shes spending too much money)..and by giving intreviws to magazines such as Hello, isnt a good advertise for Jordans tourism:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: because if she dosnt promote the country who else will:confused: she is the Queen of Jordan, didnt Noor do that before? And iv seen her wearing Jordanian cloths several times before.

In all honesty, people visit Jordan (those who haven't been scared off) to see the Dead Sea, dive at Aqaba, vist Jerash, Petra etc etc, go to Wadi Rum and this isn't to mention the Christian pilgrim type tourists who go to visit places mentioned in the Bible. They don't go because QR appeared on Oprah and as has been pointed out many many times, Jordan jas a huge population of Palestinian refugees from Al Nakhba, the '67 war and everythiong that has happened since and regardless of what Rania tells people on Oprah, lots of people in Jordan, whilst not being extremists, dislike America's foreign policy immensely especially with regard to Israel and the Former Palestine. Upper middle class housewives with foreign educations as shown on Oprah are not representative of how people really feel.

This is what I mean, the misrepresentation of so many things by Rania and Abdullah

I was talking about what contirbutions the Queen brings to Jordan and it does help when shes being intreviewed by whoever regognize Jordan as a country, the USA does help Jordan alot even if some palstinans dont like thier policies there are not going to stop a powrful country like the USA to help them just because they dont like what they get up to, sorry for going off the topic! Like i said before Noor was critised by many for years even though she did a lot for Jordan so its no difference for Rania as well, you can not please every single human being!

Nad25 said:
I was talking about what contirbutions the Queen brings to Jordan and it does help when shes being intreviewed by whoever regognize Jordan as a country, the USA does help Jordan alot even if some palstinans dont like thier policies there are not going to stop a powrful country like the USA to help them just because they dont like what they get up to, sorry for going off the topic! Like i said before Noor was critised by many for years even though she did a lot for Jordan so its no difference for Rania as well, you can not please every single human being!

I do agree with you that nobody is perfect and that all royalty gets criticised. My criticism of this couple is that the image and the reality are two very different things. The avergae Jordanian woman does not bear much resemblance to those women in that video and yet if one didn't know better and just sat and watched the OPrah interview, it would be safe to assume that this really is how Jordan is and how many of the people think when in fact it isn't. People don't see the other side of the regime - or choose not to.

Monalisa said:
It is a shame that she borrows clothes from designes,imo,this is not very royal,is she obliged to attend only in designer dresses??!!...,I think it's better for her to promote her country's designers and style(the moroccan princesses are a good example for that),instead of being a tool of adverstising for famous designers ....

I'm surprised you disapprove, you're one of the very people I can recall condemning her for wearing expensive clothes in the first place. You ca't really have it both ways.
It would be nice if she wore more Jordanian designers, but considering that's not really something the JRF does or has done in the past Rania is just continuing a trend that is already well-established.

Last edited:
May 22, 2006 (AMMAN) — King Abdullah II pledged Jordan’s readiness to help rebuild south Sudan in talks Monday with Sudanese First Vice President Silva Kiir, a court statement said.
LINK

Jordan’s King Abdullah II telephoned Iraqi President Jalal Talabani on Saturday to congratulate him, calling the new government "a significant step towards building a new Iraq that would be able to fulfil the aspirations of its people for a better life, democracy, pluralism and stronger national unity".
LINK

Queen Rania of Jordan participates in the closing session of the World Economic Forum (WEF) held in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el- Sheikh 22 May 2006

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 399
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 601
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
I would remind everyone that political discussions are not permitted here at The Royal Forums. But as this current discussion of how well King Abdullah and Queen Rania are doing lends itself to commentary on their efforts and effect on policies within Jordan, I have permitted some of the discussion.

However
, it is not necessary nor will it be permitted, to bring in the leaders or governments of other nations to either support or negate the Jordanian King and Queen's efforts. It will also not be permitted to slag other governments for policies carried out in their own countries or their lack of efforts to help Jordan.

Posts about policies to improve the lives of Jordanians should be restricted to those involving the King and Queen of Jordan. Please do not bring other leaders into it.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Hello everyone!
I see that the WEF session in Egypt has started. I was disappointed that Jordan wasn't hosting the event this year but knew that Queen Rania would be present at Sharm-el-Sheikh.
Thanks for the pictures

Little_star said:
I'm surprised you disapprove, you're one of the very people I can recall condemning her for wearing expensive clothes in the first place. You ca't really have it both ways.
It would be nice if she wore more Jordanian designers, but considering that's not really something the JRF does or has done in the past Rania is just continuing a trend that is already well-established.

My point that why she borrows designers dresses,if she can't always buy them,this goes in both ways,instead of being a tool of advetising by borrowing them "SOMETIMES MAYBE",she could've wear more dresses from Jordanian designers,or maybe more modest and less expessive one.

I don't think that her "causes and work" is more reliable and would give more results, if she accompishs it while wearing expensive clothes from famous designers than while wearing "modest" or clothers designed by people from her country(-CP.Letizia is a good example for that),unless that in her book work goes with posing wearing designer clothes....

Monalisa said:
My point that why she borrows designers dresses,if she can't always buy them,this goes in both ways,instead of being a tool of advetising by borrowing them "SOMETIMES MAYBE",she could've wear more dresses from Jordanian designers,or maybe more modest and less expessive one.

Queen Alia was well known for wearing Valentino designs, it seems to be a trend within the JRF to wear evening gowns. But Jordanian Queens don't tend to wear Jordanian designs. Queen Noor has only really started to wear traditional Jordanian robes after King Hussein died. Or at least that's the impression I've had from photographs.

Monalisa said:
I don't think that her "causes and work" is more reliable and would give more results, if she accompishs it while wearing expensive clothes from famous designers than while wearing "modest" or clothers designed by people from her country(-CP.Letizia is a good example for that),unless that in her book work goes with posing wearing designer clothes....
Unless she's abroad she usually has quite a "typical" work wardrobe. Smart jacket with trousers or skirt. What's so contentious about that? If it happens to be designer that's hardly a surprise when you consider her position.

Thanks Adry and fanletizia for the pictures.

The World Economic Forum (WEF) on the Middle East was concluded on Monday in Sharm el-Sheikh, winning acclaims for its role in helping resume contacts between senior Palestinian and Israeli officials.
The three-day forum came to a conclusion in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt, with Jordanian Queen Rania Al-Abdullah expressing her optimism for a better and hopeful Arab world.
LINK

RAMALLAH, May 22, 2006 (WAFA)- President Mahmoud Abbas conveyed, over a phone call Monday night, to King Abdullah II his condolences on the killing in Gaza of Khaled Radaydeh the employee at the Jordanian Representation Office to the Palestinian National Authority
LINK

AMMAN — Schoolchildren across the country on Tuesday presented their visions of how to empower the use of technology in education at the Creativity Festival, organised by the Ministry of Education and World Links Arab Region (WLAR.)

More than 500 projects, 30 online newsletters and 30 designs for ideal schools, all completed by students from 400 schools in the country, were celebrated at the event, which Her Majesty Queen Rania and Sudanese Vice President Silva Kiir Mayardit attended.
LINK

Amman/ May 23 (Petra) -- The first vice-president and president of southern Sudan government Salva Kiir Mayadit and the accompanying delegation had left Amman on Tuesday after a three-day visit during which he met with His Majesty King Abdullah II and other senior officials
LINK

amina1 said:
I swear I thought the same thing, but I guess they just tried to chear them up!

To cheer them smiling to cameras,very stange way.

Monalisa said:
Somebody had noticed the face of KA&QR all smiles posing for photographs,while visiting the family of a jordanian killed by terrorists....,imo,it was really not appropriate...an other photo opportunity??!!

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/24/10783I.htm

And some of the family members are smiling as well, does that mean they aren't sad that they lost a family member?!

Last edited:
Little_star said:
And some of the family members are smiling as well, does that mean they aren't sad that they lost a family member?!

because they are intimidated by cameras and by the presence of their royals,and you can read the sadness on their eyes,but for QR&KA,I don't find an explaination,not really an appropriate behaviour...,looks only like an other photo opportunity.

Monalisa said:
because they are intimidated by cameras and by the presence of their royals,and you can read the sadness on their eyes,but for QR&KA,I don't find an explaination,not really an appropriate behaviour...,looks only like an other photo opportunity.

There's a guy in the back who's got a broad grin on his face and even the lady next to Rania is semi-smiling.
I'm not surprised that you don't find an explanation for Rania and Abdullah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom