King Abdullah & Queen Rania- Current News & Photos XII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a brief appearance by Queen Rania on Oprah yesterday, the show was about the threats of terrorism.
Here's an excerpt and picture from the show's website:

What worries Jordan's Queen Rania?

"I find that there is one overarching problem that's fundamental and that's common to all of the issues that we're facing today—that is the 'hope gap,'" Queen Rania says. "The gap between people who feel that if they work hard, they have a chance of bettering their lives, and those who actually feel that they are just condemned to a life of needlessness and hopelessness. A person who's hurting halfway around the globe, his pain is eventually going to affect me."

"I think it makes these people who feel that way more vulnerable to extremist views. They're easy to influence because they feel that they have nothing to live for and, therefore, nothing to lose. It's not enough to just tell people that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not enough just to show them the life. We have to help them find their way towards that light, and I feel that education is a very powerful enabling tool to reach that."

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200601/20060123/slide_20060123_350_206.jhtml

Last edited:
Hello Humera. So ,she is co-writing a book on youth issues. Sounds interesting. Are we going to be able to get it here in Canada ???? I am reading Queen Noor's book. Leap of Faith. It's pretty good. Did anyone read the November issue of People in 2005 on Queen Rania and King Abdullah. This might be old news to you all, but I just came across it. It was great. Rania is a Desperate Housewives devotee. The article covered alot of questions I was wondering about. She likes a group called Coldplay!! Anyone know who they are??????? Hey, She like Norah Jones and a few others.....

Claudia Lisa Remy said:
Hello Humera. So ,she is co-writing a book on youth issues. Sounds interesting. Are we going to be able to get it here in Canada ???? I am reading Queen Noor's book. Leap of Faith. It's pretty good. Did anyone read the November issue of People in 2005 on Queen Rania and King Abdullah. This might be old news to you all, but I just came across it. It was great. Rania is a Desperate Housewives devotee. The article covered alot of questions I was wondering about. She likes a group called Coldplay!! Anyone know who they are??????? Hey, She like Norah Jones and a few others.....

Hi Claudia,
yes many of us did read the People article. Infact if you have a look at the old King Abdullah and Queen Rania threads, you'll find scans of pictures featured in the article that I made when the magazine came out.
As for Queen Rania's book, it seems to be about international issues regarding the youth, entreprenuers etc, which means it should be available in Canada.
I hope it wont be as difficult to get as her first book, which was only available in Jordan I believe, at least I haven't found it on any websites like amazon. I wonder if they've stopped publishing it altogether. It was given out to school children in Jordan.

Last edited:
Thanks for the screenshot and excerpt from Oprah, Humera.

I'd heard about the book before and it will be an interesting read, I imagine. Where she gets the time to do everything, I don't know?!

I believe the World Economic Forum started today in Davos, there should be sokme interesting speeche to come!

Hey, Humera, do you know if it is possible to find that video on internet?

clymène said:
Hey, Humera, do you know if it is possible to find that video on internet?

no, I dont think so. I've searched Oprah's website already.

King Abdullah receive to President of the Senate of Spain

from terra

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 177
Little_star said:
Peres to Meet With King Abdullah

King Stresses that Peace is Strategic Aim</STRONG>
Amman, Jan. 27(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II stressed, during a phone call on Friday with Acting Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, that resuming the peace process in the Middle East should form a strategic aim. The King pointed that the Palestinian people seek for peace, noting that the results of the Palestinian legislative elections should not prevent us from moving towards peace to end conflict and violence in the region. His Majesty had earlier yesterday made a phone call with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas during which the King affirmed the necessity of resuming the peace process to restore rights of the Palestinians.
photo from terra

Attachments

• 720753595ba20g.jpg
    720753595ba20g.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
photo from terra

How do members think this open display of 'friendliness' will go down with the Palestinian population in Jordan, especially now Hamas has achieved such a landslide victory in the elections?

lizz70 said:
How do members think this open display of 'friendliness' will go down with the Palestinian population in Jordan, especially now Hamas has achieved such a landslide victory in the elections?

i honestly don't want to get into political debate. as i see, jordan has always been a mediator between the middle east and western, so we'll just have to see. :)

As purple_platinum has tried to avoid, I will remind everyone that discussions of politics is against our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines.

On more than one occasion, threads in the Jordanian forum have been closed because members insisted on bringing poltical topics or figures into discussions.

If King Abdullah or Queen Rania meet with a leader of the Hamas party then pictures can be posted or discussions about that specific meeting (to a limit) can take place. However, a general discussion about the Hamas party is not permitted.

Alexandria
Jordanian Royals Forum Moderator

purple_platinum said:

maybe we'll see something in the next few days to come. The actual birthday of the King and Prince Hashem is the 30th and by then Queen Rania will be back from Davos. In the past years the King and Queen and their kids attend concerts and other events to celebrate the birthday. Lets hope this year will be the same.

Last edited:
Of course, it's Hashem's first birthday as well

King Abdullah II of Jordan to speak at Ole Miss

OXFORD, Miss. King Abdullah the Second of Jordan will speak February third at the University of Mississippi.
It will be one of three stops on a visit to the United States that will include a trip to New Orleans to see damage from Hurricane Katrina.
http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4420249

King Condoles Chairman of Kosovo Parliament</STRONG>
Pet0167 4 0103 King Condoles Chairman of Kosovo Parliament For Newspapers Only......... Amman, Jan. 28 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II sent a cable of condolences to Chairman of the Kosovo Parliament Najdat Dassi over the passing of the President of Kosovo Ibrahim Rugova. In his cable, the King expressed his condolences and sympathies to the chairman of parliament and the people of Kosovo over the passing of president Rugova. //Petra// 281256 Local JAN 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/28/30266500.htm

King Sends Cable to King of Saudi Arabia</STRONG>
Pet0540 4 0080 King Sends Cable to King of Saudi Arabia For Papers Use................. Amman, Jan. 29 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Sunday sent a cable to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Ben Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia condoling him over the passing away of Princess Al Anod Bent Saud Ben Abdul Aziz. //Petra//Shniqat 291640 Local JAN 2006
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/29/30308900.htm

The Saudis are incredibly secretive about the female Royals,does anyone know who she was?​

King Receives Cables of Congratulation on the Occasion of the New Hijri Year</STRONG>

Pet0224 4 0188 King Receives Cables of Congratulation on the Occasion of the New Hijri Year Amman, Jan. 30(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II received cables of congratulations on the occasion of the new Hijri Year. Cables were sent by Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, Lebanese President Emile Lahoud, Syrian President Bashar Assad, Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Qatari Crown Prince Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Bahraini Prime Minister Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa and Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Khalifa Al Thani. Cables were also sent by several Arab, Muslim and local officials. Senders of the cables wished the King continued good health and happiness and the people of Jordan further progress and prosperity. //Petra// 301455 Local JAN 2006 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/30/30318600.htm

i saw on Petra that Prince Feisal has been sworn in regent.
Does that mean KA is off to the US already?
Its too bad the royal family wasn't involved in any public birthday celebrations like previous years. They might've decided to keep things low-key because of the bombings last year.

"Does that mean KA is off to the US already?"
I wasn't sure if he was elaving for the US laready, but clearly he is!

"Its too bad the royal family wasn't involved in any public birthday celebrations like previous years. They might've decided to keep things low-key because of the bombings last year"
Maybe, although I had thought what with it being Hashem's 1st they would do something big. They might be waiting til Abdullah returns from his trip.

King Abdullah in London with Prime Minister Tony Blair

from terra

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 240
So KA is London not the US yet.
I guess the latest developments in Palestine are keeping many world leaders busy.

King Holds Talks with Blair

London, Jan. 31(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks on Tuesday in London with British Prime Minister Tony Blair during which the King stressed that the current stage, through which the peace process passes, requires shouldering responsibility to assist the two sides to return to the negotiation table as the only way to achieve peace in the Middle East. The King warned that leaving things as they are without providing any support might lead to further tension, which we all work to avoid.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/31/30329400.htm

pictures:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/31/5057I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/31/5055I.htm

AMMAN, JORDAN - JANUARY 31: In this handout from the Palestinian Authority, King Abdullah of Jordan (R) speaks with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at the Royal Palace January 31, 2006 in Amman, Jordan.Abbas has denied reports that he will meet with Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal in Cairo.
(from getty)

Attachments

• 56712102.jpg
    56712102.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 56715015.jpg
    56715015.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 330
Wow time goes fast! little prince Hashem turned one .He definitely looks like his mother, Queen Rania.

I have a question, are the king and queen planning to make a statevisit to the Netherlands this year ?
They planned to go in november but because of the bombings they cancelled the statevisit.

IamLaura said:
Wow time goes fast! little prince Hashem turned one .He definitely looks like his mother, Queen Rania.

I have a question, are the king and queen planning to make a statevisit to the Netherlands this year ?
They planned to go in november but because of the bombings they cancelled the statevisit.

thats a really interesting point because i think he looks exactly like his father KA :D

Ah, so Abdullah's been enjoying Tone's hospitality has he? I didn't realise he was stopping ff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom